• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
With respect to 1) I didn't pull an SS until after I beat the game. Unlike most mobile games, the low ranks can be better than the high ones. If you pull an SS mage, awesome. If not, it's not a deal breaker like most other mobile games.

With respect to 2) Suoh, Camellia and Sheena are all SS ranks that can be pulled from Pact of Friendship. (The coin-based one) Additionally, I question spending energy on stamina. It's never necessary, and doing so puts you steps further from rolling Pact of Truth characters. Additionally, Sheena is a glass cannon, but incredibly powerful with great skills.

3) Bahl is one of the better sword users in the game. Her 1.5x attack boost level 65 skill in her third job makes her capable of some rather crazy damage. (She's seeing use against the tier 3 summon fights currently, which speaks volumes about her usefulness) Ra'prow is an okay spear user, and Grace is fantastic because of her -20% defense abilities for wild beasts and dragons. (Both of which have been very useful in events)

Everyone has a different experience, but it's still generally accepted in ANY game with a gacha mechanic, it's often best to re-roll for at least a high tier unit if you intend to stick with the game. If you have no desire to complete the highest level content, sure - go with whatever the game deals you. But he's a PAD player, so he probably understands the importance of a decent starting hand. Bahl and Grace are probably good enough for him to proceed, though.

And yeah, there are 3 SS characters, sorry. I thought there were only 2. But regarding spending energy on stamina for coins, it's been discussed in this thread that people do that. While it's not your play style, it's definitely a viable way of getting all the crap out of the coin gacha. But if you're not looking to farm Coin Creeps all weekend, there's no reason to even consider that.

Hige

I'm of the opinion that you don't need to reroll in this game if you don't want to. However, it is the only opportunity to get the character you want, so it's definitely worth the time spent rerolling IMO.

As for spending energy on stamina, I haven't done it (yet), but I may be tempted to since the 2.1 update stealthily added chapter 31-34 info to the game files. I want to get the SS characters from coin pulls before there's a ton of new stuff in the pool.

Sorry to bring it up again, but I'm still missing my final 10th referral if anyone could redeem it:

bpmmPH3gPuNA

(go to Main > Friend's list > Redeem code)

Hopefully won't have to make a throaway account. ;.;

Zero_IYAD

Thanks nicoga, RPG Wizard & Hige..

nicoga was there when I started posting about PAD, I played solo for almost 3 months before finding out the OT & everyone was suggesting I should reroll but I refused, I was already attached to my monsters.
I'm against rerolling in the 1st place.
Now I'm almost 620 days in-game with a superb roster & up to rank 348

I can say the same with this game, I love Bahl, Korin & Grace recruitment last night made me much more attached to my team, so I guess I'll stick with them.

A few more questions:
- Metal Zone is an area that opens on certain hours, it's main purpose is to farm EXP?
Is there a fixed time table or a helper reminding app to know when exactly it opens?

- Can you explain to me the daily areas & what are their purposes?

- Where can I spend my coins in this game aside from recruiting shitty warriors?

- What are the tiny arrows next to certain characters? Why don't other characters have them? What are the capsules that pop up in the middle of a stage?

- Can we add friends? What are the codes you guys are sharing?

Sorry for asking too many Qs, trying to understand the main concepts : )

kiyoaki

No but if you google something like 'terra battle tier list' you'll get the gist of it.
Thanks. Seems like all of my characters are considered trash except for Lewto, Amimari, and perhaps Ma'curi.

I really want Zuzu or Jennish after seeing them kick ass in the co-op fights.

kiyoaki

Metal Zone is an area that opens on certain hours, it's main purpose is to farm EXP?
Is there a fixed time table or a helper reminding app to know when exactly it opens?
http://www.terrabattlex.com/zones/metal_zone_schedule

- Can you explain to me the daily areas & what are their purposes?
http://www.terrabattlex.com/zones/hunting

- Where can I spend my coins in this game aside from recruiting shitty warriors?
Well, you need money to change jobs. Also, sometimes you actually get decent characters/monsters via coin recruiting, and finally, once you've maxed out on all the trash, the really good characters are supposed to start dropping.

- What are the tiny arrows next to certain characters? Why don't other characters have them? What are the capsules that pop up in the middle of a stage?
The Arrows indicate elemental affiliation. Red for fire, blue for ice, yellow for thunder, purple for darkness. Also white for HP healing and green for status healing. Fire is strong vs. ice and vice versa, the same goes for thunder vs. lightning.
- Can we add friends? What are the codes you guys are sharing?
The referral codes can be redeemed for extra energy. You find yours and the option to add another player's code under main --> invite friend. Go back some pages in this thread, there are some posts explaining it in detail.

I think there's also a terra battle metal zone timer app floating around.

And kiyoaki's link will explain it better, but in a nutshell, hunting zones are there to pick up the materials needed to upgrade classes.

With respect to coins: You need them to upgrade classes for your adventurers. Also, as you get further in the plot, better monsters become available in the pact of friendship. Additionally, there is a chance of pulling some high rank adventurers from it, and several of those are pretty good. (Other than that, there's no reason to hold onto money, so spend away. Weekends make it easy to farm for additional money in the hunting zones.)

With respect to referral codes: You get to use ONE code. You can have people use your code up to 10 times.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks nicoga, RPG Wizard & Hige..

nicoga was there when I started posting about PAD, I played solo for almost 3 months before finding out the OT & everyone was suggesting I should reroll but I refused, I was already attached to my monsters.
I'm against rerolling in the 1st place.
Now I'm almost 620 days in-game with a superb roster & up to rank 348

No shame in not re-rolling. :) It's not impossible to progress without it, and since you have Grace and Bahl, you're pretty OK. The only bummer is that you missed out on the free Kuscah we all got by playing when the game first came out. He's a really solid healer.

Your biggest hurdle is going to be getting over the lack of strong healer. Make use of Terra Battle X and check out characters with skills you may want. When you recruit someone, check their skills by clicking their name. From there, you can also click a skill to see what it does AND what other characters have it.

Regarding the little pills that pop up on the field...Those are various boosts or resistances. See this page for Anti-Shadow Capsule that Jennish has. These skills can be really nice, but since some skills are super rare to find on characters (Anti-Shadow is limited to Jennish for example), consider them more a perk versus a necessity.

Zero_IYAD

Damn! I missed a free healer!
My current is a Class C Human, she's good, but lacks on attack damage.

I found this app 'Terra Alarm' for Metal Zone times, seems pretty decent.

Thanks you guys : )

Gizuko

Regarding the little pills that pop up on the field...Those are various boosts or resistances. See this page for Anti-Shadow Capsule that Jennish has. These skills can be really nice, but since some skills are super rare to find on characters (Anti-Shadow is limited to Jennish for example), consider them more a perk versus a necessity.

I thought Bagunar had the same skill, but his is called anti-darkness capsule (they have the same effect, it seems).

It is not the case, but some characters have watered down versions of some SS' skills.

Deadly

I thought Bagunar had the same skill, but his is called anti-darkness capsule (they have the same effect, it seems).

It is not the case, but some characters have watered down versions of some SS' skills.
I thought it was the same but I went to check but Darkness and Shadow seem to be different things.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Some of the weird skill things are, well...Weird.

I have done something terrible and started farming 1-5 for skill boosts.

Gizuko

For real? I can't find the difference, unless it is the same as the the magic tiers, but then it'd be shadow and abyss.

I... I just don't get it T_T

Deadly

For real? I can't find the difference, unless it is the same as the the magic tiers, but then it'd be shadow and abyss.

I... I just don't get it T_T
Sorry! It seems it is a magic tier, didn't know of those on my end. Darkness has Shadow-Abyss-Dark Matter.

Speaking of SS healers (from TB facebook) :
10915152_10153001811275259_4786531202555395602_n.jpg

Hige

Jennish gets Anti-Darkness capsule like Pupropu and Ba'gunar. Terra Battle X just has some weird typos here and there.

Darn I missed your Chaos 2, Hige. :(
:eek:

Did you actually get into the room? I didn't want to waste my stamina so I was backing out and making a new room if I didn't have good team members lol. I'm ruthless.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sorry to bring it up again, but I'm still missing my final 10th referral if anyone could redeem it:

bpmmPH3gPuNA

(go to Main > Friend's list > Redeem code)

Hopefully won't have to make a throaway account. ;.;

There ya go. Should put you at 10. :)

E: 15 energy, pulled Alika (S), O'pari (B), and R'zonand (A). Reduce life 1/3 on R'zonand sounds pretty awesome for high HP bosses.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
:eek:

Did you actually get into the room? I didn't want to waste my stamina so I was backing out and making a new room if I didn't have good team members lol. I'm ruthless.
No, my pro Samatha and Kana would have been accepted immediately.

E: 15 energy, pulled Alika (S), O'pari (B), and R'zonand (A). Reduce life 1/3 on R'zonand sounds pretty awesome for high HP bosses.
It doesn't work on bosses; would be too broken; Alika is awesome though.

saichi

Just rolled Samantha now. Considering how early I am (at Chapter 6), I think I'll level her up and use her ahead of Samupi and Zenzoze.

Aaaaaah. Thank you !
Seeing that unfinished 9/10 was bugging me.

Here's my current box, anything I should do our focus on? Looking for any feedback.
What Rockturtle and Nico said, but keep up with Grace in case they bring back the dragon events in the future. Grace murders them.

You also want to level up Bagunar for tuesday's Pudding events (need magic attacks), and for the CO-OP Chaos battle (dark affinity boss).

J0dy77

Thanks for the input. I'll stay away from Jag. She looked cool but did seem kinds of weak.

Are there any specific team compositions I should be making? I've been running the two healers I have with one of each damage type.

Visceir

Here's my current box, anything I should do our focus on? Looking for any feedback.

I'd roll with Koko, Pahrl, Bahl, Grace, Gigojago (you'll need anti-fire capsules in chapter 21+as abow user he would take advantage of Pahrl's buffs) and a healer of your choise.

I leveled Pupru up to lvl 65. Wild Shot is a rather garbage skill.
3.5x ATK (physical), 30% chance per target (80%, lead)

Slightly stronger than tera skills, but when it misses it does 0 damage. Now imagine if you attack a row of enemies and you only kill 30% of them, leaving gaps inbetween and unable to launch another pincer attack on all of them.

Honestly, I don't think she even deserves the S rank...wouldn't even give her A rank.

kiyoaki

Only commenting on the ones I've used myself:

Amimari is good, use her early and often to get her skill% up so she'll actually make some use of the nice attack skills she gets on her second job.

Gigojago and Ba'gunar are so-so, they're kind of useful in special scenarios, but I haven't really found a use for U'nasag yet.

Grace and Kuscah are of course good, and I'd even level up the Red Starwhip a bit.

Finally upgraded my Artemis and Chaos to max.

Chaos was way harder for me with only having Ba'gunar as my good dps source.

Although fight-wise, Artemis 3 can be easily done with random players since you don't need specific element characters.

Chaos 3 on the other hand has a lot of random issues that can pop-up. At 50% and 25% HP, his Perdition attack can basically one shot you if his monsters prey on the weakest units while you are paralyzed. Happened too often for me.

Overall, incredible fights and CO-OP is awesome.

Best tip I can give (already been said by others) is to ask for help on the Terra Battle Forum insta-chat panel thingy. Some overall nice people there (watch out for NSFW pics sometimes).

Zero_IYAD

A few more questions ^^"

- Do I stop getting EXP from farming Zone 1 once my party members reach > Level 20?
I don't think I'm gaining EXP anymore!

- What are these god damn Eidolons & WHY do I keep getting 2 notifications about them every single time I open the game tho I always open them hoping they disappear!!

- This is my current party:

tumblr_nixzrjL0eA1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

This is my whole collection:

tumblr_nixzrwNFSI1srgzyyo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nixzsnBRU61srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Just got Verlraine, too many sword wielders!
Should I replace someone in my party with her?

- This is my referral code: GAp2NjvvhTGC
Not sure how will I benefit from sharing this :|

kiyoaki

A few more questions ^^"

- Do I stop getting EXP from farming Zone 1 once my party members reach > Level 20?
I don't think I'm gaining EXP anymore!
Yes. Move on to Metal Zone 2 for characters above level 20, or just continue with the main story.

- What are these god damn Eidolons & WHY do I keep getting 2 notifications about them every single time I open the game tho I always open them hoping they disappear!!
They're summons. You can only use them in co-op. I think the messages disappear once you've used them once or played a co-op game.

Just got Verlraine, too many sword wielders!
Should I replace someone in my party with her?
I have leveled Velraine up high in all three jobs, and I found her pretty underwhelming in endgame and co-op. You're probably better off with Bahl and Korin. IMO, your roster looks pretty strong overall, for an early game party.

- This is my referral code: GAp2NjvvhTGC
Not sure how will I benefit from sharing this :|
If someone redeems your code, you'll both get free energy. You'll also get 5 free energy just once if you redeem another player's code.

Finally finished 100% the A class monsters in the PoF pool.
Looking forward to draw 10 gold cards in a row when the money dungeon open this weekend. =)

Aexact

Finally upgraded my Artemis and Chaos to max.

Chaos was way harder for me with only having Ba'gunar as my good dps source.

Although fight-wise, Artemis 3 can be easily done with random players since you don't need specific element characters.

Chaos 3 on the other hand has a lot of random issues that can pop-up. At 50% and 25% HP, his Perdition attack can basically one shot you if his monsters prey on the weakest units while you are paralyzed. Happened too often for me.

Overall, incredible fights and CO-OP is awesome.

Best tip I can give (already been said by others) is to ask for help on the Terra Battle Forum insta-chat panel thingy. Some overall nice people there (watch out for NSFW pics sometimes).
I just finished too! Thanks to all the people on the Terra Battle Forum, since coordinating team composition for the tier 3s is ... I dunno if I wanna say essential but it helps a lot.

Yeah, Chaos was pretty nuts. I only had Ba'gunar too though I could contribute a bit with Kana and Bonna's anti-paralysis. Still, I suppose it is theoretically possible to win without someone having a Jennish but all my successful attempts had at least one in the party (there's a surprisingly number of Jennishs out there).

At first I thought Anti-Dark capsules were a bad idea because those two enemies that eat capsules pack a punch in Chaos 3, but if you got three Bag'unars (and really, the chances of someone having 4 characters that are more worth fielding then Bag'unar is pretty low) and either Jennish or Puro-boy generating capsules, it's possible to hit max dark resist. Had a run where my allies were paralyzed by Perdition. Both of them. Their turns were skipped. We still survived because our dark resist was 100%. So yeah, the risk of capsules screwing you over is worth gambling for.

Artemis is pretty tough but yeah, lots of useful sword characters and Poison is less vicious. Actually had a run where my healer died and the other healer was Amimari and Rikken. I thought we were screwed but Zuzu is really strong, gotta have Zuzu. Evasive Arts gives you a ton of breathing room and we chained Rikken's Heal All nearly every turn. Artemis is going to hit enemies on both sides so that cute SS healer pic is legit, there are so many times where you're out of position and the SS healer only being able to heal one side of the pincer isn't enough.

But yeah, super tense games. Tons of misplays too, especially if my Control Time users die. I am so unaccustomed to not having Control Time.

Oh, and my last Chaos 3 run, the boss killed himself. He was brought to a sliver of HP left and he was in his own Shot AOE attack on his turn.
And dropped two Codexes. I dunno how that happened but it was super hype.

so i havent started to do the co-op things.

what are the optimum team setups?
For Artemis: very strong sword or bows, healer, levitate all, anti-poison character.
Magic users are mostly useless. Damage would be too low.

For Chaos: Ba'gunar is great. Lightning magic users are GODLY. Kana is awesome, or any anti-paralysis. Try to avoid bringing pure melee guys (sword/bow/spear).

Zero_IYAD

So what's the point of Co-op?
I cleared Chaos easiest difficulty with 2 more random people, but seems nothing happened except for the usual rewards (items, coins, EXP)..
Do you actually recruit the boss if you beat him on a higher difficulty?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So what's the point of Co-op?
I cleared Chaos easiest difficulty with 2 more random people, but seems nothing happened except for the usual rewards (items, coins, EXP)..
Do you actually recruit the boss if you beat him on a higher difficulty?
The boss is recruitable as an Eidolon on any difficulty; don't know the actual percentages. Co-op is fun too.

Top Bottom