• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

SunGod

Thank you! I used the energy for an energy pull and got Korin. Finally another swordfighter! Is he any good?

He's awesome. I used him through my whole playthrough, I haven't had much time to play recently so I haven't tried but I'm told he's basically perfect against Artemis too (makes sense, if you look at his abilities)

Disappointing NicoNico show. Seems they only mentioned very few new features.

I'm sure they got more CO-OP bosses and Descended battles in the works, but they didn't show any.

Hige

PSA: Getting a dupe character raises their level on all 3 jobs.

I thought it only raised the job the character was currently using, so I've been leveling Sheena/Camellia/Suoh to 50+ on every job this whole week. So you only have to raise jobs 1-3 to level 20 and you can get to 70 via dupes. Wish I knew that earlier.

zulux21

PSA: Getting a dupe character raises their level on all 3 jobs.

I thought it only raised the job the character was currently using, so I've been leveling Sheena/Camellia/Suoh to 50+ on every job this whole week. So you only have to raise jobs 1-3 to level 20 and you can get to 70 via dupes. Wish I knew that earlier.

for the record, it's every job you have unlocked.
if you don't have the job unlocked it won't get any levels.

Xetherion

Gift code for +3 energy, +5 metal tickets and +1 EXP boost

rkzrnWwgTcPnjdHC

My referral code is F3uUcMaAxPzc

Thanks for the gift code! Sorry for noob question, but where do I enter referral codes? The redeem code button in Invite Friend menu is greyed out.

Also do you guys just always summon whenever you get 5 energy? I started saving mine after they had that event where you get a metal ticket for every summon, in case they do something like that again. Are those events pretty rare?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Thanks for the gift code! Sorry for noob question, but where do I enter referral codes? The redeem code button in Invite Friend menu is greyed out.

Also do you guys just always summon whenever you get 5 energy? I started saving mine after they had that event where you get a metal ticket for every summon, in case they do something like that again. Are those events pretty rare?
GO to Options tab, on the bottom.
It was the first one of it's kind; 4 months of life for the game so we can't be sure.

Hige

I finished all the coin pulls and decided to blow my energy since I'm not at risk of pulling a Jaguna dupe anymore.

7 pulls:
3 dupes
S'naip
Lunato
Olber
Harold

That's not a bad haul!

Momentary

Banned
How long has it taken people to get coin pulls out of the way? It seems like a daunting task. Also, which is the best place to do coin runs? I've been doing the 20 stamina one and I feel like that's good, but I need to get past chapter 19 to get more stamina. What is the max Stamina at the end of the game?

Deadly

Do you guys have trouble getting on Terra Battle X on mobile? My phone always freezes when I try to go on the site to check the metal zone schedule

Visceir

I finished all the coin pulls and decided to blow my energy since I'm not at risk of pulling a Jaguna dupe anymore.

7 pulls:
3 dupes
S'naip
Lunato
Olber
Harold

That's not a bad haul!

Grats on getting Olber. Mine is sitting at 13% B at the moment.

Think I'm gonna work on getting all the coin pulls before considering blowing my energy as well and just save it up, since I honestly don't care about 98% of the characters in the game at this point.

Currently sitting on 25 energy.

How long has it taken people to get coin pulls out of the way? It seems like a daunting task. Also, which is the best place to do coin runs? I've been doing the 20 stamina one and I feel like that's good, but I need to get past chapter 19 to get more stamina. What is the max Stamina at the end of the game?

The 20 stamina one is the best one. You can modify the timezone to extend the coin creeps weekend by like 18 hours.

You can get ~350 k coin each weekend(without spending energy to restore stamina) and you need about 5 mil coin to do clear all characters.

Coin creeps is also a good way to boost character skill activation %, since a power point is available every turn.

Hige

I've been playing since day one, so it's taken me about 4 months. It's about a 14 week project if you change your time zone and restart the app to access the weekend dungeon early. That gives you a 73 hour window to run the dungeon, but that might change to 72 hours with daylight saving time soon, not sure.

If you plan for your stamina to be full (max stamina is 100) as soon as you can access the weekend dungeon, you can get about 48 runs per weekend at an average of 7,500 coins per run, or 360k per weekend. The best way to speed it up is to farm monsters with a Negotiator Pro character (Rikken/Yukken) during the week since every drop means you save 3,000 coins and there aren't really any efficient coin farming techniques when it's not the weekend outside of chapter 20-1.

This whole process will take longer because you'll likely be using coins to upgrade your characters, so keep that in mind. I upgraded a lot of my characters as soon as I could, so I could've finished the coin pulls sooner if I didn't do so many upgrades.

How does the friend referrals work? I've never sent an invite or anything
http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2015/01/post-18.html
The Invite-a-Friend Campaign has begun. From the game menu, select Main, and send an invite through the "Invite Friend" option. Both players will receive a present. Let's invite our friends to play Terra Battle!
Present Notes:
- The invited player will receive 5 free Energy.
- The player that sent the invitation will receive 5 free Energy for the 1st, 5th and 10th player invited. 1 Energy will be sent for other invitations.
- Players may send a maximum of 10 invitations.
- The process is complete when the recipient enters the invitation code.
- Senders will receive their present as soon as the recipients clear Chapter 3. If the recipient has already cleared Chapter 3, the sender will receive their present as soon as the Referral Code is entered.

fack, logged in 1 minute too late and lost bonus.

oh well.

did 10 pull coins, got the 2 dragon bosses. not bad. needed a thunder aoe for sure.

correojon

I started playing this yesterday and I´m really liking it. The art is precious, the gameplay seems simple at first, but as you start advancing and more skills are added it really starts to shine.

There´s just one thing I don´t like about this game: the energy system. I would gladly pay for an energy free version, but I´m not going to pay 5€ for a chance to pull a character once, most of all is there´s risk of getting an useless char.

Are there any tactics to get more energy? I already got 5 from entering a referral code.

Also, is there any use for all the C-D monsters you reclute?

Soulflarz

Banned
Since I've been playing since launch, I figure I should finally finish the game. Anyone have a strat for the final boss? I've been there for a couple months lol.

There´s just one thing I don´t like about this game: the energy system. I would gladly pay for an energy free version, but I´m not going to pay 5€ for a chance to pull a character once, most of all is there´s risk of getting an useless char.
This is how all these iap games work.
Getting duplicate sucks in every one of them.
You cry a little inside, but you keep playing.

Are there any tactics to get more energy? I already got 5 from entering a referral code.
You get some free energy for the first few days by mail, after that it settles to 5 energy per 8 days (if you log in consecutively every day). Basically a character pull every week.

You can get some more energy by creating private (not public) CO-OP games and inviting different people each time. (max 20 if I recall)

Also, giving your referral code to 10 players that haven't used theirs will net you some energy, but this is harder since most will have used them by now. (unless you setup dual accounts)

Pretty much useless right now.
Using up coins in the Pact of Fellowship will net you these monsters, and every duplicate upgrades them.

What most of us do is collect coins with the weekend hunts, and try to get every single monster up to 100% from recruiting (takes millions of coins). This empties up the roster and leaves the rare SS characters up for grabs.

Xetherion

I use some Spear ones because I still haven't pulled a Spear user from PoT. I got a turtle one recently that has the +2 seconds Control Time skill which is pretty nice to have.

You can also recruit some boss monsters if you're lucky. I got the Mantledrake after I beat him, he's been a very useful Fire Mage.

Aexact

I used some of them early game because I had no elemental damage to run Pudding Time and elemental damage is kinda necessary to get materials from Pudding Time. Spinestrich and Dracorin and a generic Lizardfolk Fire Mage until I got the mandatory story magic character and pulled some elemental damage.

Though considering how I feel about it now, it would've probably been better to wait until Hunting Zone 3 opens after chapter 18. Only problem with that is that you'll definitely want to raise your character's jobs before chapter 18, which is noticeably tougher then other chapters if you're one of the many people who didn't have Levitation. There's only one character with legitimate Levitation (meaning: not Jaguna) that's a A or B class and the rest are S/SS ranks.

I didn't have it at the time so I did it the hard way and it's totally doable but yeah, Chapter 18 is the one to watch for.

Foolworm

They are there to plug holes in your team until the RNGods decide to grant you decent characters. It's unlikely that your team will cover all elemental and physical bases until a good way in, which is where the converted mooks come into play.

I recommend metal orbling for its sleep ability in the first 2 metal zones. Keeps the pesky beasts from running and cheating you out of precious exp.

correojon

Thanks for all the replies and information :)

You can get some more energy by creating private (not public) CO-OP games and inviting different people each time. (max 20 if I recall)
How do I do that? When I enter Coliseum I have 3 options:
Find public room
Special: The same missions as in public room appear, however yesterday I had some Metal Zone missions which are not showing today.
Find private room: It asks me for a room number but doesn´t give me the option to create one myself :S

You guys are saying that I should use the coins to pull out monsters from the Tavern, but I´ve read elsewhere that I should save them to add jobs to my main chars. Which one is it?

I´m still at chapter 9-9 and getting my ass kicked by the boss there, he has an attack that hits all my team and I can´t heal everyone before he kills´em (I´ve only got one healer I got right at the start of the game).

Visceir

Thanks for all the replies and information :)

How do I do that? When I enter Coliseum I have 3 options:
Find public room
Special: The same missions as in public room appear, however yesterday I had some Metal Zone missions which are not showing today.
Find private room: It asks me for a room number but doesn´t give me the option to create one myself :S

You guys are saying that I should use the coins to pull out monsters from the Tavern, but I´ve read elsewhere that I should save them to add jobs to my main chars. Which one is it?

I´m still at chapter 9-9 and getting my ass kicked by the boss there, he has an attack that hits all my team and I can´t heal everyone before he kills´em (I´ve only got one healer I got right at the start of the game).

Whenever you start a stage in co-op mode it'll be a private room first. You can either create one yourself and share the code or have someone share their room code and join theirs. The 20 people have to be all different tho, can't do it 20 times with the same person.

Metal zones and hunting zones are open at specific times and days. You can find the metal zone schedule at http://terrabattlex.com/

Save your coin for job changes.

You could probably start 9-9 in co-op mode and have someone from here help you out with it.

Seems like there will be a new update out that adds emotes to co-op play.

correojon

OK, I´ll try to create some private rooms when I have some more energy.

When trying to join a game in the Arena->Co-op Battle->Find Public Room there is an energy bar next to each mission, for example Artemis I shows 15 energy, but I managed to join a game earlier. Do you get 15 energy if you beat the stage or what? The other guy disconnected after his first turn and I haven´t been able to find another match...I thought the 15 energy would be a requirement, but I only have 2 atm and I could still enter the battle.

I read that the boss at 9-10 (I messed earlier, it´s not 9-9) is vulnerable to sleep, so I decided to level up a Mechanicorb while farming for Sea Tears, that way I can unlock a 2nd job for other characters. I may be a bit underpowered atm, so the Exp I get along the way will also help. Any advices to farm Sea Tears? I´m farming in 7-7 but haven´t got anything yet.

New sword-based Eidonlon battle coming soon-ish.

EDIT: This friday. yay !

So level up those Spear units.

Preview from TBforum:
B-HD7vKCQAAN-_A.png:large

Xetherion

I read that the boss at 9-10 (I messed earlier, it´s not 9-9) is vulnerable to sleep, so I decided to level up a Mechanicorb while farming for Sea Tears, that way I can unlock a 2nd job for other characters. I may be a bit underpowered atm, so the Exp I get along the way will also help. Any advices to farm Sea Tears? I´m farming in 7-7 but haven´t got anything yet.

You'd probably have better luck farming them in the Hunting Zone during Tin Parade. They're still a rare drop though.

linkent

Was getting tired of this game due to lack of content and busy with One Piece TC
Used 10 of my energy to pull.
Jennish and Amimari :O

And now with new coop boss, gonna level those 2 up!

kiyoaki

Pulled my first dupe today - it was Korin. I didn't feel too bad about it because he's proven to be such an excellent character; plus I had him in the early 60s in each class, so every additional level helps. Korin is so great against Artemis, especially paired with two Zuzus on the allied teams.

I have more high-level spearmen than you can shake a stick at. This new eidolon boss will go down hard.

Visceir

Wonder if they'll make the phoenix eidolon available along with the sword one.

Either way I guess it'll be a good time to put my olber to use. Got him to 16% B last weekend.

Foolworm

Man, pulled Daiana right after completing chapter 27... She would have been so handy against all those ice elemental enemies. Oh well, I'll train her up and continue, need a mage for AOE attacks anyhow.

What's the point of running Co-op stages in this game? Aside from getting the Eidolon drop -IF you get any-?
You can get item boosters as drops also, and rare ores.
Joining public CO-OP games cost no stamina, so if you want more gametime, there's that.

Also, fun !

I have to say the Valkyrie fight is pretty original.
I love the "flee" timer concept they got going.

On another note, the current V-Jump magazine in Japan got a code for a special Eidolon:
IMG_2322.png

Top Bottom