• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Valkyrie was pretty easy with the 0 stamina; people got used to her quickly.
Being able to Outflank her is nice too.

Momentary

Banned
You can get item boosters as drops also, and rare ores.
Joining public CO-OP games cost no stamina, so if you want more gametime, there's that.

Also, fun !

I have to say the Valkyrie fight is pretty original.
I love the "flee" timer concept they got going.

On another note, the current V-Jump magazine in Japan got a code for a special Eidolon:
IMG_2322.png

Are they ever going to give other people the chance for these special edition characters.

Momentary

Banned
They usually have contest up for these.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had another for Xerxes.

For Yulia though (Strategy Guide exclusive SS character), I doubt it.

Well, they should at least offer the opportunity for people from other regions to obtain it just as easy as Japan can. I'm about to quit the game just for this reason. It's a time suck anyways.

Well, they should at least offer the opportunity for people from other regions to obtain it just as easy as Japan can. I'm about to quit the game just for this reason. It's a time suck anyways.
You can try importing the magazines with these codes, but not really recommended.

There's some people offering up to sell the code upright if you want.
Check the TB forums.

Zero_IYAD

Need some advice on my main team, I just recruited Harold which is neat:

tumblr_nk3k2rqPz41srgzyyo1_540.jpg

Who should I put in my main team? Who should I work on & upgrade their job? Who should I ignore?

I'm up to Chapter 16, am not playing on daily bases, but I'm farming Metal Zone & Tin Parade whenever I get the chance.

HawthorneKitty

Need some advice on my main team, I just recruited Harold which is neat:

Who should I put in my main team? Who should I work on & upgrade their job? Who should I ignore?

I'm up to Chapter 16, am not playing on daily bases, but I'm farming Metal Zone & Tin Parade whenever I get the chance.
Go with Pupropu, Grace, Bahl, Korin, Ba'gunar and Sh'berden/Ra'prow/U'nasag; Ignore Palpa
Get Pupropu Job 2.

Wait, is Palpa your healer?

Zero_IYAD

Go with Pupropu, Grace, Bahl, Korin, Ba'gunar and Sh'berden/Ra'prow/U'nasag; Ignore Palpa
Get Pupropu Job 2.

Wait, is Palpa your healer?
Great, I'm on the right track, that's my exact team, Ra'prow being my main spear weilder & a Lvl 50 Human Healer instead of Pupropu, so no, I never actually brought Palpa into a real battle.

Pupropu job upgrade items seems hard to get!

Also Grace vs Harold as my main archer?

Hige

Harold offers better DPS, but Grace gives you utility with her -defense % skills for certain fights like Leviathan/Bahamut.

kiyoaki

Turns out Macuri is the only one of my five Lv 65 spear users who is worth using against Valkyrie. Ah well. Valkyrie I & II are pretty easy by now, but I still haven't beaten her final form.

HawthorneKitty

Turns out Macuri is the only one of my five Lv 65 spear users who is worth using against Valkyrie. Ah well. Valkyrie I & II are pretty easy by now, but I still haven't beaten her final form.
Suoh is the best on III. :3
Assassination is too op.

kiyoaki

Just beat III three times in a row and got the three Balmungs I needed.
Yes, Assassination works great on that stage. Petrify too.

Daffydd

Neo Member
A couple of useful threads that I've never seen pointed out on Neogaf before:

Hunting zone guide, with detailed drop rates per monster and per zone and expected numbers of drops:
http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-hunting-zone-drop-data.5354/

Monster farming guide, with number of each farmable monster per battle and information on drop rates:
http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/list-of-all-recruitable-monsters-for-every-stage.4661/

On average, you win more Ore and Tears PER STAMINA in zone 1 than zones 2 and 3, and more Particles PER STAMINA in zone 2 than zone 3. Yes, you read that right!

Take Tin Parade, for example: assuming you kill all enemies each round (meaning you spawn all twelve possible enemies), on average, you'll kill 3 of each warrior type (each warrior type drops different items) and 3 casters (the casters all drop the same items) per round. That's 9 of each warrior type and 9 casters per battle, on average; and there are 3 battles per run (36 total enemies).
Zone 1, you'll average about 1.07 Tears per run: .107 per stamina.
Zone 2, you'll average about 1.07 Tears and 1.44 particles per run: .071 and .096 per stamina, respectively.
Zone 3, you'll average about 1.44 Tears and 1.80 particles per run. .072 and .090 per stamina, respectively.
These numbers were calculated independently from those in the Hunting Zone thread above based on the per-monster drop rates given in that thread; my results match those in the thread. Divide by 4 for the chance of each tear and particle type. The boss appears 10% of the time in each Zone, and always drops one Tear or Particle. I assumed that hunting zone kills are fair Bernoulli trials in making these calculations.

Random events are often streaky. Long dry spells are expected, even assuming TB's RNG is well designed. However, as you can kill more monsters PER STAMINA in zone 1 than zones 2 and 3, you are more likely to approach the average if you stick to Hunting Zone 1 for Ore and Tears. Use Hunting Zone 2 for Particles. Use specific story zones if you want a specific Ore, Tear or Particle. Hunting Zones 2 and 3 are better for rings, weapon items (e.g., staffwood) and flowers/tails/pelts/shells.

pronk420

i think they tweetered something about the strategy guide on the Japanese twitter, releasing on thursday maybe? will it be in english too?

linkent

I am not sure if that calculation has "Treasure Hunter" passive included.(not sure whether it affect Pudding)
At HZ3, with treasure hunter, i had 90% drop rate of 1 ore.
And definitely has many 4 drops as well.
Did HZ1 twice, i got no drop 1once and 1 drop once.
I know small sample size but they need to include TH to the calculation i think.

This goddamn Animaton just wont drop!!!
I have 20 of Dark Matter and Oxz and 15 Orichalcum.
1 Animaton.
On the previous 2 HZ3, 4 DM dropped at once and the 4Ori dropped at once.

They're bringing back Bahamut, Leviathan and Odin Descended for the next 3 weeks starting tomorrow.
(one per week)

I got them all evolved and leveled, so now to cap them more for skill ups.

correojon

They're bringing back Bahamut, Leviathan and Odin Descended for the next 3 weeks starting tomorrow.
(one per week)

I got them all evolved and leveled, so now to cap them more for skill ups.

How do these events work? Do they cost stamina or are they free like the Eidolon battles?

I´ve been farming 15-6 for Orichalcum all day, the boss there has a drop rate of 20% and today chapter 15 has item drop rate boost...so far I´ve got 0 :( Even without the boost I should´ve got 2 or 3 by now, is everything working normally for you guys? I´m getting 2~3 drops from the normal mobs almost every run but the boss won´t let go of my Orichalcum!

How do these events work? Do they cost stamina or are they free like the Eidolon battles?
CO-OP Eidolon battles were only free this week (ends today).

Descended battles do cost stamina. (15/25/40 for each respective difficulty)
You gotta run the second and third version for the items to evolve it to Job 2 and 3.

I´ve been farming 15-6 for Orichalcum all day, the boss there has a drop rate of 20% and today chapter 15 has item drop rate boost...so far I´ve got 0 :( Even without the boost I should´ve got 2 or 3 by now, is everything working normally for you guys? I´m getting 2~3 drops from the normal mobs almost every run but the boss won´t let go of my Orichalcum!
Heh. RNG man.

Afaik you can only capture bahamut in 3 now, but you get 3% boost per capture.

F that, he's 30% boost and 65+ on all others. plus he's part of my main group. He will level up naturally.

the other two haven't really justified the effort i put into them.

but then again i have been neglecting them for the boss dragons. they just look so much cooler :eek:

correojon

CO-OP Eidolon battles were only free this week (ends today).

Descended battles do cost stamina. (15/25/40 for each respective difficulty)
You gotta run the second and third version for the items to evolve it to Job 2 and 3.

Heh. RNG man.
I kept trying and then got 4 Orichalcums on a row :)

Are those events singleplayer or coop? I think I´m still too early in the game and should focus on unlocking more chapters in story mode and upgrading my team (currently at chapter 16).

Alright, so for those interested in the SS character Yulia from the strategy guide (or the JP guide for that matter), you can buy it digitally from BookWalker for about ~12USD.

The only probem is that you need to use a VPN with jp IP address to access the site.
Someone on the TB forum suggested to use Hola Unblocker (a free VPN), which I did and it worked perfectly.

Once you cover that, the rest is actually pretty simple to navigate.

Are those events singleplayer or coop? I think I´m still too early in the game and should focus on unlocking more chapters in story mode and upgrading my team (currently at chapter 16).
Solo, but they came out before CO-OP was released, so who knows if they'll add in the option.

zulux21

Alright, so for those interested in the SS character Yulia from the strategy guide (or the JP guide for that matter), you can buy it digitally from BookWalker for about ~12USD.

The only probem is that you need to use a VPN with jp IP address to access the site.
Someone on the TB forum suggested to use Hola Unblocker (a free VPN), which I did and it worked perfectly.

Once you cover that, the rest is actually pretty simple to navigate.

Solo, but they came out before CO-OP was released, so who knows if they'll add in the option.

is Yulia even any good?
not that I am likely to spend $12 on just her since I can't read japanese so a japanese guide would be pointless...

beyond that a guide in general is likely inferior to the terra battle x site.

Folstern

Yulia has two coin stealing abilities that work during pincers which is useful during the Coin Weekends but beyond that she doesn't have a lot of use. Mid-grade sword skills. If you've already cleared PoF and promoted every character you have she is basically worthless for the time being but who knows what money sinks will be added later.

is Yulia even any good?
She's decent, but not SS Mages/Gugba/Yukken/Rikken decent.
It's more of a collector thing in the end.

Although some player did the math, and I think it's like an average of ~30$ worth of energy to get an SS (drop rate and RNG).
So eeeeeeeh, like or dislike the strategy guide, it's not overkill pricey.
(although that extra energy could net you Palpa and Ba'gunar dupes :p)

On another note, Bahamut is up.

Tidd

First try was perfect except Bahamut didn't drop the right item. :(
Second try he killed Grace first turn lol

At least I can defeat him now, so I should get the 3rd job this week.

Acidote

How do I get Bahamut? I've killed him several times in the first two "wings" of the arena and only items drop. Do I just have to keep trying?

Foolworm

I'm having a weird experience with the arena...

So I got to Bahamut Omega, and I had gotten him to below 20% health when the game crashed on me. Now, usually when this happens, I just load the game again and a continue prompt boots me to the beginning of the last battle. This time, that didn't happen; the game threw me into the world map, meaning that my 40 stamina prior was wasted. I was pretty pissed, but the last triple meteor would have wiped me out so I was toast anyhow.

I play through Ultra again and it crashes a second time right when I get to Bahamut Omega. However, this time the game did boot me into the last battle when I reload it, but with all the stuff in the status bar frozen. I could not press the pause or fast forward buttons, and the timer and power point bars never depleted. In short, I had infinite power points and movement time. Needless to say, I made short work of Bahamut, but the game started working normally again when I returned to the map.

Edit: Ran Ultra a few more times and no glitching occurred, thankfully. Got everything for Bahamut now; since I don't have a Negotiator character, I'll just level him up for Leviathan when she rolls around next week. Along with Koko, which I rolled with the free energy, I should have plenty of firepower at my disposal.

I'm having a weird experience with the arena...

So I got to Bahamut Omega, and I had gotten him to below 20% health when the game crashed on me. Now, usually when this happens, I just load the game again and a continue prompt boots me to the beginning of the last battle. This time, that didn't happen; the game threw me into the world map, meaning that my 40 stamina prior was wasted. I was pretty pissed, but the last triple meteor would have wiped me out so I was toast anyhow.

I play through Ultra again and it crashes a second time right when I get to Bahamut Omega. However, this time the game did boot me into the last battle when I reload it, but with all the stuff in the status bar frozen. I could not press the pause or fast forward buttons, and the timer and power point bars never depleted. In short, I had infinite power points and movement time. Needless to say, I made short work of Bahamut, but the game started working normally again when I returned to the map.

i guess the game felt bad and wanted to makeit up to you

GeoGonzo

Will the upgrade item for bahamut drop in rank 2 even if you own one? I need another one for the second upgrade...
You don't need another one for the second upgrade, they are different items with a very similar name. The second item only drops from the third fight.

Xetherion

Can anyone tell me the drop rates of Bahamut on each tier? I barely beat 2nd tier Bahamut with my team of:

Czekras 40 J2
Sorman 43 J3
Snaip 40 J2
Amerpact 42 J2
Kapori 40 J2
Grace 40 J3

Only Amerpact, Sorman, and Grace were left alive by the time I finally finished him. If the drop rate on tier 2 isn't much better than tier 1, I'll just keep farming tier 1.

GeoGonzo

Can anyone tell me the drop rates of Bahamut on each tier? I barely beat 2nd tier Bahamut with my team of:

Czekras 40 J2
Sorman 43 J3
Snaip 40 J2
Amerpact 42 J2
Kapori 40 J2
Grace 40 J3

Only Amerpact, Sorman, and Grace were left alive by the time I finally finished him. If the drop rate on tier 2 isn't much better than tier 1, I'll just keep farming tier 1.

Unless things have changed since patch 1.2, the capture chance if you haven't captured him yet is 20% for tier 1, 40% for tier 2 and 100% for tier 3.

Xetherion

Unless things have changed since patch 1.2, the capture chance if you haven't captured him yet is 20% for tier 1, 40% for tier 2 and 100% for tier 3.

Thanks! I actually ran tier 1 again a little bit ago and got him! Does Caladbolg drop on tier 1, or only tier 2?

Top Bottom