• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

obstskwerl

Neo Member
ok, theoretically speaking, do you guys see Maralme being useful for the upcoming Leviathan battle? I have Lewto and Daiana both on lv 65 job 3, I figure with the fire based attack+dragon killer bonus, Maralme would be a good addition to the team???

ok, theoretically speaking, do you guys see Maralme being useful for the upcoming Leviathan battle? I have Lewto and Daiana both on lv 65 job 3, I figure with the fire based attack+dragon killer bonus, Maralme would be a good addition to the team???
Leviathan is crazy hard because of his extremely annoying "confuse all" Maelstrom skill.
Levitate All (to avoid the confuse attack) or Confuse Ward is really good here, and probably recommended.

Most people use the Grace (Dragon DEF Down) or Red Starwhip (MDEF Down) method to kill it quick before it even uses the confuse skill. So if you got either of them, keep it leveled as backup in case.

Hige

For some reason I thought Maralme only enhanced physical damage against dragons, but I did a quick search and can't find anything concrete. I think she has to lead the pincer attack for the bonus as well.

If you're going the magic route, I think you need to use Red Starwhip even if you break the shield with ice attacks first. It's been a while since I did it, but I remember not being able to beat it until I brought Piz'fer along to break the shield. If you have Grace I'd just go with physical attackers and use her. She's a lot easier to position than Red Starwhip, since her -defense skill can trigger from any range as long as she's in the chain.

Wooo 100 daily logins. (got nothing)
Although it got reset twice before already.

Damn Bahamut doesn't want to get capped much.
I really want Yukken / Rikken.

Visceir

Been doing my coin pulls in a rather half-assed manner every weekend. Slowly inching closer to the end but I'm guessing it'll take a couple more weekends atleast. The lowest monster % are still in the 40s.

Gonna just sit on my energy until then. Currently the biggest fear is that I accidentally push the "roll energy pulls 10x" button while spamming the coin recruitment, haha.

GeoGonzo

I finished the coin recruitment this weekend. Some thoughts based on how things went:

-D Monsters are cleared very, very fast.
-B Monsters go next... Either this game has too many Cs or not enough Bs, I'd say.
-There are few A Monsters but their droprate is so low that I was still less than half done with them by the time I finished with C Monsters.
-Surprisingly, all 6 characters seem equally rare: You don't clear first Jaguna, then Velraine/Maralme and THEN the three SS, you get an even mix of them. And since duplicate SS give twice as much B% you are likely to complete them all before Jaguna.

I got about 2 weekends left of coin farm to complete mine, but I spent this one on Bahamut capping, and probaby will do the same for Levi and Odin.

Momentary

Banned
Is Jaguna some kind of an inside joke. I see people talk about her like she's the bane of this game.

BTW: Baha Ult is killing me all day long. I definitely don't have the right party comp, but I don't have time to level up new folks to beat this guy before the even ends.

kiyoaki

I don't have the discipline to do straight coin farming every weekend. It's still going to take me months the way it's going right now.

At least this weekend I managed to get all my characters to 65/65/65-70. Now I'm waiting for Leviathan to descend so I can bag his last job.

correojon

I´ve made more than 20 runs against Time Devourer (chapter 10-10) to get Gungnir and unlock Camellia´s 3rd job with no result yet :(

Which is the better way to level up characters? Should I unlock level 3 as soon as possible and level all jobs steadily or focus on the 1st job, then switch to the second when I reach 65 on the first and finally the third?

I´ve made more than 20 runs against Time Devourer (chapter 10-10) to get Gungnir and unlock Camellia´s 3rd job with no result yet :(
Wait for those "2x item rate up" dailies if you haven't already.
Almost got every item on the first try during their special rate day.

Which is the better way to level up characters? Should I unlock level 3 as soon as possible and level all jobs steadily or focus on the 1st job, then switch to the second when I reach 65 on the first and finally the third?
If you get job 3 open, focus on that one first.
The main stats (not skills) on job 3 are always better, and it'll just help you more on later missions.

After that, only level job 1-2 if you need the skills. (some are really worth it)

correojon

Wait for those "2x item rate up" dailies if you haven't already.
Almost got every item on the first try during their special rate day.

If you get job 3 open, focus on that one first.
The main stats (not skills) on job 3 are always better, and it'll just help you more on later missions.

After that, only level job 1-2 if you need the skills. (some are really worth it)

Ok, thanks!

Still trying to get that Gungnir...grrrr...

Xetherion

So I took on Bahamut 2 again today after leveling up some more Ice characters I recently got. Man, between Amerpact and Gigojago I had so many Anti Fire caps that i quickly hit 100% Fire dmg reduction. Even Meteor did 0 dmg.

Makes me wonder if I can take Bahamut Ultra down even though my team is barely in the level 50 range, and Gigojago and Unasag are still in their low 40's.

Hige

Is Jaguna some kind of an inside joke. I see people talk about her like she's the bane of this game.
She has terrible skills and garbage stats to back those skills up with, even for a B class character she is just godawful. She might be an alright support healer if you somehow have nothing else to use, and her self-levitate is potentially useful for chapter 18 if you have no other levitation users. That's about it.

Foolworm

So I took on Bahamut 2 again today after leveling up some more Ice characters I recently got. Man, between Amerpact and Gigojago I had so many Anti Fire caps that i quickly hit 100% Fire dmg reduction. Even Meteor did 0 dmg.

Makes me wonder if I can take Bahamut Ultra down even though my team is barely in the level 50 range, and Gigojago and Unasag are still in their low 40's.

You will get slaughtered. Without level 65 skills, your party won't do enough damage. Bahamut Ultra also clears your party's fire resistance at the beginning of the fight and every three turns thereafter, so you will be taking significant amounts of elemental damage while you rebuild your defense. Throw in pincer attacks and time saps from the various mooks and it's a recipe for disaster.

Incidentally, I recently pulled Kapori, which is a godsend for Odin since my physical attackers are all sword/multiclass. My team is now:

Gugba (power point amp, defuse bomb)
Gatz (defuse bomb, treasure hunter)
Bahl (DPS)
Kapori (augment / negate circle)
Burbaba (bow) (power point amp)
Kuscah (heal)

Originally planned to run Samupi instead of Burbaba, but Butterbur (my nickname for him) had better stats, typing and power point amp. Any comments on how viable it will be? Assume 65+, all jobs, ~10% skill boost (on average).

SunGod

Here's a gift code for Hironobu Sakaguchi receiving the GDC Lifetime Achievement Award
5 energy, 2 animaton and 10 serenity shoots: cyrkrnHAjfmjYDYf

kiyoaki

Here's a gift code for Hironobu Sakaguchi receiving the GDC Lifetime Achievement Award
Thank you. Pulled a dupe, but 5% more for Grace brings her closer to perfection. Also, animaton!

correojon

Nice! Congratulations to Sakaguchi!

Aaaand...just pulled R'Zonand for the third time this week :( I´m running this spear team right now:
Camellia
Djugan
Kem
U'nasag
Bahl
Kuscah

I also have Pahrl, Metupí, Maralme, O'pari, Palpa and Ba'gunar (and R'Zonand). Is there any way to improve my team with what I have?

Acidote

Just drafted Gatz with the code's free energy. It's certainly not going to substitute Zuzu, but levitation comes really handy.

linkent

Thx for the code!
My last 3 pulls are all gold!
Amimari
Jennish
Zaffite
Also gotten Sheena

This game just dont let me quit.

Momentary

Banned
Been reckless with spending my energy I saved up since I haven't completed the Pact of Fellowships yet. I'm not spending anymore energy until then. I've gotten lucky though. My buddy gave me a code for a Yulia character that I haven't seen on any of the wikis yet. He was telling me it was a Japanese only character. I've got her up to 38 now and unlock her jobs. She seems like a legit gold farmer she has 2 gold grabbing abilities that I hope stack. If she stacks with Bajanna's ability then it's going to be a pretty damn good coin collecting weekend.

I almost want to cave in and start spending some cash on this game. Tired of having to wait to play.

Screenshot_2015-03-03-21-50-38_zpsxjpptbwq.jpg

Been reckless with spending my energy I saved up since I haven't completed the Pact of Fellowships yet. I'm not spending anymore energy until then. I've gotten lucky though. My buddy gave me a code for a Yulia character that I haven't seen on any of the wikis yet. He was telling me it was a Japanese only character. I've got her up to 38 now and unlock her jobs. She seems like a legit gold farmer she has 2 gold grabbing abilities that I hope stack. If she stacks with Bajanna's ability then it's going to be a pretty damn good coin collecting weekend.

I almost want to cave in and start spending some cash on this game. Tired of having to wait to play.

who's yulia?

kiyoaki

Got 5 energy on my 100th daily login and pulled Gatz, who looks moderately useful.

Also defeated Leviathan Ultra in a weird 20 minute fight wherein I first whittled down his armor (?) for 50 turns or so without doing much damage, then took the remaining two thirds of his HP in a single turn. The only challenge that now remains for me is Odin's third form.

This game needs more content.

Foolworm

How do you guys do the 60+ levels?

23-4 on Co-op with a three man squad. It's actually better than 20-1 if you and your partner take turns paying the stamina cost.

Also defeated Leviathan Ultra in a weird 20 minute fight wherein I first whittled down his armor (?) for 50 turns or so without doing much damage, then took the remaining two thirds of his HP in a single turn.

If you had Grace in your team, you probably debuffed Leviathan's defense to zero, which would result in a OHKO for the next physical attack that connects.

Any advice on how to beat the second tier Leviathan? That shield is sturdy.

Bring an ice unit and the shield will break after 8 ice attacks. Leviathan absorbs ice damage though, so avoid chaining the ice unit after that unless it's to kill mooks, which still take damage.

I went 3/3 on Ultra, it was smooth sailing once I had enough capsules since Leviathan doesn't clear elemental resistance like Bahamut.

Tidd

Got both items for Leviathan today... Needed a few tries for the Ultra version, because I fucked up my movements. In my final attempt Grace died in Round 4 and I was like "fu let's waste 1 energy for reviving" and thank god Levi dropped the Trident first try.

Can't wait to kill Odin Ultra next week.

kiyoaki

Lamia looks great. I like how they're bringing back all the classic FF monsters. It'd be good if we could use eidolons outside of eidolon battles, though.

They should make the summon PP spawn as an option when you reach 3 bars in single player. It'd be fine if you chained the summon, the normal PP didn't.

Acidote

Bring an ice unit and the shield will break after 8 ice attacks. Leviathan absorbs ice damage though, so avoid chaining the ice unit after that unless it's to kill mooks, which still take damage.

A'merpact saves the day once again I guess. Thanks.

They should make the summon PP spawn as an option when you reach 3 bars in single player. It'd be fine if you chained the summon, the normal PP didn't.
That's probably the best way to handle it.

I believe Eidolon summoning is one of the biggest complaint, so wouldn't surprise me if they change it somehow.

Haha, just saw this:
10437619_10153083086670259_7890484280977030513_n.jpg

Momentary

Banned
I'm guessing after these 3 Descended battle-fest, we'll get the Lamia Eidolon fight.
There's a new (jp) preview about it here.

shot1.png

Where is this exclusive Eidolon demon looking dude that was supposed to be a gift code or something like that. I asked my friend who got Yulia for me and he doesn't know anything about it. Am I mistaken about this and just hallucinated seeing it, or has he not been announced yet?

I second this. I don't do Co-op much because of how often the other party has lost connection with me and the loss of power that goes with it. That ticks me off. At least let me use what I've earned from dealing with Co-op bullcrap.

Where is this exclusive Eidolon demon looking dude that was supposed to be a gift code or something like that. I asked my friend who got Yulia for me and he doesn't know anything about it. Am I mistaken about this and just hallucinated seeing it, or has he not been announced yet?
Xerxes Eidolon code from last month V-Jump magazine.
Some people were (still are I think) selling some codes on the TB forum.

Momentary

Banned
Finally 100% the D group of enemies.... C looks like it's going to be the toughest one to complete. That's going to be ridiculous.

Xerxes Eidolon code from last month V-Jump magazine.
Some people were (still are I think) selling some codes on the TB forum.

Thanks. Was able to gift one to my friend who got me Yulia.

This is getting close to a Console/PC release "mile stone" thing they got going on. I wonder if people who have data on their mobile game will be able to transfer goodies over.

Visceir

This is getting close to a Console/PC release "mile stone" thing they got going on. I wonder if people who have data on their mobile game will be able to transfer goodies over.

Quite sure the console game won't be a port but a game with actual 3d models. Secretly still hoping it'll be an actual full fledged rpg in the same universe.

I wouldn't expect to see the game this year tho even if we hit the milestone in the next months.

My celestial dragon is still at 25%, but most other monsters are at 75%+, got Camilla again from coin pull today. Getting closer to the end~

Sitting on 50 energy right now, guess I might as well wait until they add Amano's characters.

Quite sure the console game won't be a port but a game with actual 3d models. Secretly still hoping it'll be an actual full fledged rpg in the same universe.

I wouldn't expect to see the game this year tho even if we hit the milestone in the next months.
I can't find the quote, but I'm pretty sure they still have no idea how to handle the console milestone.

I doubt they even barely have any concept plan for it.

Momentary

Banned
I'd be cool with the same formula, but with more... spectacles.

Also, I feel like that free Stamina event they did for the Eidolons pretty much killed it. It feels like everyone is waiting for another free event. I'm trying to level up Xerxes and it's a ghost town.

I just got Zerro the Dark (SS) on my first roll. Am I good to play the game without using IAP?
Any of the 4 SS mages are top tier, so you're good.

Don't forget to use the 5 energy code posted a few posts up.
There might be other codes that still work, but can't quote them right now.

Top Bottom