• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Got Zael and Calista. If you treat the battles like a really long and challenging Puppet Zone it goes by much better.
I only got Calista, so I need to work on that 50 sec rule.

I'll probably just grind 20-1 / 23-4 until event is over though, then focus on TLS with my overleveled guys.

You can get animaton and dark matter in chapter 20 though.
True, but if you got all the ores you need then it becomes more of a time thing.

duckroll

Was trying to get at least Calista from TLS event quest today, everything was going fine, then in the 9th battle after beating the Mithra Dragon, I didn't know Zael would get an extra turn before the battle ended and his column attack wiped HALF MY PARTY and all my attackers, before it rolled into the final battle. Couldn't even exit the app and load again. FUCK. Lol. >_<

Is there a guide somewhere?

- In the first battle don't use Zael to attack Calista.

- In the second battle Syrenne must survive.

- In the fourth battle you must win within 5 turns.

- In the sixth battle use power points and position Yurick so his meteor kills more than 4 enemies in the battle.

- In the eighth battle you have to drag the fight out until the nullify healing wears off before completing the battle. Kill off the Golems so you don't get killed, but leave the other two enemies alone until you can heal. If you kill one, the other will keep spamming Inferno All.

- If you did all the above correctly, you should be facing Zael and a Mithra Dragon instead of just Zael. Attack and kill the Mithra Dragon and NOT Zael. To break the dragon's shield you just need to land about 9 elemental attacks on it.

- In the final battle as long as Zael is a main pincer in the final attack that kills the boss, you should get at least Calista. If you managed to do everything listed with 50 seconds or less of movement time in all ten battles, you will also get Zael.

Acidote

Was trying to get at least Calista from TLS event quest today, everything was going fine, then in the 9th battle after beating the Mithra Dragon, I didn't know Zael would get an extra turn before the battle ended and his column attack wiped HALF MY PARTY and all my attackers, before it rolled into the final battle. Couldn't even exit the app and load again. FUCK. Lol. >_<

Wait what

Just realized they could potentially add Metal Zone 6 and 7 with story part 2.

If Part 2 goes up to level 90 content, then they'll add for sure MZ 6 for 60-70 and MZ 7 for 70-80.

...and have us grind 80-90 like we had to do with 60-70.

duckroll

There's no question about it. There will definitely be more Metal Zones and Hunting Zones when the new story content hits. The only question is... when... :(

But instead of increments of 10, maybe they might have increments of 5.

Metal Zone 6 - Lvl60-64
Metal Zone 7 - Lvl65-69
Metal Zone 8 - Lvl70-74
Metal Zone 9 - Lvl75-79

Hunting Zone 4 - Lvl70-79
Hunting Zone 5 - Lvl80-89

Red Mage

Finally got it working. Had to keep exiting and loading as it tried to load the battle. It'd do it about 25% at a time, and after that first battle loaded, it was kosher. Weird.

If you managed to do everything listed with 50 seconds or less of movement time in all ten battles...

Wow, that sounds ridiculous.

Visceir

One of the reasons why I like Amina and her party resurrect skill. Don't have to worry about everyone surviving, they'll be back alive on the next floor.

Slowly gaining levels on my characters, feels nice to see your SS mage become powerful enouigh to wipe out the enemies that were left with 10 - 15% HP previously after your AoE dmg.

Regretting just a tiny but not leveling all my characters/jobs to max level beforehand, Piz'fer is still lvl 43 on one of its jobs and Starting leveling Olber from lvl 66 rather than lvl 70 feels extra tedious too.

Regretting just a tiny but not leveling all my characters/jobs to max level beforehand, Piz'fer is still lvl 43 on one of its jobs and Starting leveling Olber from lvl 66 rather than lvl 70 feels extra tedious too.
ATM leave some jobs at 69, and *if* MZ 6 comes out run it with an exp booster.

Visceir

ATM leave some jobs at 69, and *if* MZ 6 comes out run it with an exp booster.

I wanna do the DNA change for Olber and Piz'fer, I liked the Z class skills that I saw on the niconico stream, seemed fun. Might as well work towards that rather than blindly hoping to pull them from PoT.

Now I'm also curious how they plan to do the new content. If the new content is starting with level scaling for lvl 70 then many people will be massively overleveled once the new content actually comes around...

duckroll

Yesssss. Got Calista. Now to figure out how I can build a party strong enough to get through this in the turn time limit to get the best ending. Good thing we have a whole month for this. Lol...

The biggest obstacles are probably the 9th and 10th battles. I just don't have the damage output to take the bosses down quickly, and once they start moving more time is wasted having to evade stuff so my party can stay alive... >_<

Now I'm also curious how they plan to do the new content. If the new content is starting with level scaling for lvl 70 then many people will be massively overleveled once the new content actually comes around...
Have to consider new people running through Part 1 from level 1 to 70.
It makes sense for it to start at 70.

Visceir

Have to consider new people running through Part 1 from level 1 to 70.
It makes sense for it to start at 70.

Would have also made sense to increase level cap along with new content like mmo-s usually do~

Z class characters might take a while to level up tho, bet they take noticeable more exp to level up. It's amusing seeing S'naip at lvl 86 while everyone else is lagging 7 levels behind.

duckroll

Honestly, if the new content they're working on is as good as this special event quest for The Last Story, I'm happy to wait. I hope they put a lot of effort into the Matsuno bonus quest too. I'm really looking forward to that one!

Honestly, if the new content they're working on is as good as this special event quest for The Last Story, I'm happy to wait. I hope they put a lot of effort into the Matsuno bonus quest too. I'm really looking forward to that one!
Also enjoyed TLS.
Ran it first without reading any spoilers.

My only problem is that they should've put in more clues for those endings, and also state at the end that there's more than one.

It wouldn't surprise me if most people ran it only once and thought that was it without reading anything about it on the net.

Staab

Got Calista but couldn't manage to finish it under 50seconds of movement, gonna need some additional levels for that methinks !

Her jobs are weird though, she's a healer (def) / healer (def) / sword unit... like a tank ? doesn't seem to have much damage...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Got Calista but couldn't manage to finish it under 50seconds of movement, gonna need some additional levels for that methinks !

Her jobs are weird though, she's a healer (def) / healer (def) / sword unit... like a tank ? doesn't seem to have much damage...
Well Amimari is Healer/sword/healer...

Aexact

I got Calista!

... And Zael!

Had a team of Kuscah, Ma'curi, Bahl, Suoh, Leviathan, Bahamut, all about level 70 (... 71ish from two failed attempts where I at least got EXP out of the deal)
Needed the two mages because apparently stage 9 Mitra has a shield that breaks after 9 non-physical attacks and physical attacks was my entire plan. Stage 10 was also sweating bullets, took me like 7 turns of despairing "did I go over the time limit now" moves, those wisps getting in the way are pretty ruinous to my gameplan of stacking 1.5x phys buffs to punch a hole through the enemy's HP.

lol this is a full blown text sequel to The Last Story, didn't expect that. Felt like the game proper barely touched on this Outsider stuff. Zael and Calista are as delightfully saccharine as ever.

... Oh hey, Metal Zone King in the arena is still open.

I'm on Chapter Ten. I also have seventy Metal Tickets.

Let's say I wanted to power through to get strong enough to do the Last Story dungeon.

I would need to get to Chapter Twenty (or Twenty-three?), it seems like, to use for leveling? Or would I need to get to the end?

Let's say I wanted to power through to get strong enough to do the Last Story dungeon.

I would need to get to Chapter Twenty (or Twenty-three?), it seems like, to use for leveling? Or would I need to get to the end?
Don't you have access to them from the Arena menu ?

Besides, you got an entire month to prepare for TLS.
No way you'll miss out.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Don't you have access to them from the Arena menu ?

Besides, you got an entire month to prepare for TLS.
No way you'll miss out.
Ehhhh if you're still not diligent, I think people will miss out. The 1/2 for story is definitely a boon, but I do worry about people able to reach an acceptable level but not have a fair B%.

Visceir

Yeah, finishing the dungeon would be doable but meeting all the conditions for the 2 characters might be rough. One month is plenty time though.

I just abused the King Metal Zones in the arena and got all the needed monsters for DNA system from lvl 30 to 50 while also getting Piz'fer' last lacking job from lvl 43 to 63. Still got 30 metal tickets left.

Leveling goes super fast if you got the neccessary tools to do it.

First SS characters also got to lvl 80. Wonder if I'll be able to get all 3 jobs to lvl 80 by the end of weekend.

duckroll

If you get to the end of the game you should have a party which is capable of beating event. You should be able to beat the game before the event expires, but....

If you have any characters around the tail end of lvl40s (48 or 49) or lvl50s (58 or 59) now, you should definitely use tickets to take advantage of the Metal Zone 4 and 5 King events which are open in the Arena now (they're not always there), since those cost the most stamina usually, and those higher levels are harder to grind.

Otherwise taking advantage of the half stamina off special for the story now is the best option to progress really quickly.

Hige

Are there any analyses of the new Lambda Z class characters? Like tier lists or anything? I would've expected a whale to already have a write-up by now lol.

I have 5 characters I could evolve to Z (Yukken/Olber/Ami'sandra/Piz'fer/Lewto) and I don't know which would be the most worthwhile. I'm leaning towards Ami'sandra or the SS mages, but I might wait to see if I pull a Z class first—if they do another 10 pull godfest event.

Visceir

Are there any analyses of the new Lambda Z class characters? Like tier lists or anything? I would've expected a whale to already have a write-up by now lol.

I have 5 characters I could evolve to Z (Yukken/Olber/Ami'sandra/Piz'fer/Lewto) and I don't know which would be the most worthwhile. I'm leaning towards Ami'sandra or the SS mages, but I might wait to see if I pull a Z class first—if they do another 10 pull godfest event.

Not sure what exactly you're looking for but their stats at lvl 70/90 and skills have been detailed

here

SS Mages

A'misandra's chain extension skill and heal all seem nice. And the capsule powerups+the new area magic2 attack for SS mages.

I would probably do A'misandra first if I had her.

If you set your device's time ahead for tomorrow, you can farm 30-8 for Mantle Helix with the item drop bonus + the half stamina.

You need 5 of those to recode an SS mage to Z, so good time to grind them.

Fandangox

I got the game yesterday, around what time/level should I be good for the TLS event? (I realize I need to clear chapters until I get the necessary energy either way)

If you get to the end of the game you should have a party which is capable of beating event. You should be able to beat the game before the event expires, but....

If you have any characters around the tail end of lvl40s (48 or 49) or lvl50s (58 or 59) now, you should definitely use tickets to take advantage of the Metal Zone 4 and 5 King events which are open in the Arena now (they're not always there), since those cost the most stamina usually, and those higher levels are harder to grind.

Otherwise taking advantage of the half stamina off special for the story now is the best option to progress really quickly.
Hmm, I'll see what I can do, although I know the event will show back up probably sooner than later. Thanks.

Did anybody else not get a Daily Quest for yesterday?

Visceir

I got the game yesterday, around what time/level should I be good for the TLS event? (I realize I need to clear chapters until I get the necessary energy either way)

Might take a while as most people have tackled the dungeon with lvl 70+ team. For someone who just started out this is really far off. It's not so much that you just need to beat the dungeon but you need to do it in a certain timeframe and need quite good damage for that.

I'd say just enjoy the game and focus on other things right now and see where you're at in 2 weeks or so. The event will be available for a month.

Did anybody else not get a Daily Quest for yesterday?

Didn't get one either.

Fandangox

Might take a while as most people have tackled the dungeon with lvl 70+ team. For someone who just started out this is really far off. It's not so much that you just need to beat the dungeon but you need to do it in a certain timeframe and need quite good damage for that.

I'd say just enjoy the game and focus on other things right now and see where you're at in 2 weeks or so. The event will be available for a month..

Yeah it does look like it will take some time.. Don't even have a level 10 party yet.

Luckily the game is better than I expected.

duckroll

Anyone who needs White Hole for Koko and Samatha's DNA Recode should farm 25-7 today. Not only is this the final day for half stamina story chapters (only 9 stamina per run!), but it's Item drop rate up for that chapter today too. :)

Already got mine from the first try!

Visceir

If you set your device's time ahead for tomorrow, you can farm 30-8 for Mantle Helix with the item drop bonus + the half stamina.

You need 5 of those to recode an SS mage to Z, so good time to grind them.

Thanks. Ran it with Alika+Gatz and got the first Helix on my first run.

Had already forgotten that you can freeze over the boss' launchpad if it is about to do the super attack, really enjoy small details like that about the game.

Top Bottom