• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

linkent

Crazy amount of content update!!
Cleared last story and skip all the story, gotta do it again tomorrow and read it. Too late and too sleepy now.

Lucky for me that i kept my coins and didnt complete for coin pulls. Could complete it but trying to level all jobs and early levels.
All i left are hero characters did a 10pulls and instantly lvl 80 Camella all jobs.

Visceir

Seems like you can get the new Z Class DNA characters from Pact of Truth pulls. Really strange choise to just make them available like that and circumvent all the effort it takes to get them through the DNA system, hmm.

linkent

Seems like you can get the new Z Class DNA characters from Pact of Truth pulls. Really strange choise to just make them available like that and circumvent all the effort it takes to get them through the DNA system, hmm.
Not to mention that if you get the Z class from DNA upgrade,
You will lose your OG character and have to increase the Z's level and SB again.
AND the OG SS are back to your Energy Pull again(assuming you had already 100%SB and upgrade to Z)

Crazy amount of content update!!
Cleared last story and skip all the story, gotta do it again tomorrow and read it. Too late and too sleepy now.

Lucky for me that i kept my coins and didnt complete for coin pulls. Could complete it but trying to level all jobs and early levels.
All i left are hero characters did a 10pulls and instantly lvl 80 Camella all jobs.

What level were your guys to clear last story? I can't even beat wave 1

zulux21

i beat it with my level 70 team. (well 71 now :p)
5WZcig0.png
just a wave or two were hard most of them just took some time, though I killed one of my people in a stupid way.

duckroll

I got wiped the first try, on the second try I beat it and got the bad ending. Wave 1 can be really tough if you don't know what to expect. Just target the girl and ignore the mobs. Try to keep your other units away from the mobs so they don't get hit by the area attacks. If you have at least 2 heavy hitters at lvl70, she should go down pretty quickly.

The battles seem to have special conditions though, which are related to some sort of branching. For example if you use Zeal to attack Calista in the first battle, she has a "!!" reaction.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I got wiped the first try, on the second try I beat it and got the bad ending. Wave 1 can be really tough if you don't know what to expect. Just target the girl and ignore the mobs. Try to keep your other units away from the mobs so they don't get hit by the area attacks. If you have at least 2 heavy hitters at lvl70, she should go down pretty quickly.

The battles seem to have special conditions though, which are related to some sort of branching. For example if you use Zeal to attack Calista in the first battle, she has a "!!" reaction.
Yeah it's interesting how nobody has reported getting either character.
Conditions must be insane.

Visceir

Gonna hold off on running The Last Story again until someone figures out the right way to go about it to get the new characters. Seems like people are having a really tough time figuring it out.

Wait.

Ugh. 10 waves?

Shit, looks like I'm grinding. Whats the current cap? Remember I played back towards launch/70 :p

It's 90 now

How do you guys plan to go about getting to lvl 80+? Grind 20-1 over and over?

zulux21

Yeah it's interesting how nobody has reported getting either character.
Conditions must be insane.

yup I sure didn't get any of them.

my plan is to likely slowly grind 20-1 again and get my characters up to 90 so when people figure out how to get them I can get through the battle with ease.

HawthorneKitty

yup I sure didn't get any of them.

my plan is to likely slowly grind 20-1 again and get my characters up to 90 so when people figure out how to get them I can get through the battle with ease.
Going for Invincible mats today since there's a rate up for 1 of them; still rare though considering the stamina cost.

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh, survived the first half of the last story's event so far, interesting plot!

Edit: Died on 7/10 :/
Im using at the moment
(all job 3)
Zuzu 64
Kuscah 70
Piz'fer 61
Lewto 57
Alika 61
Sha'plar 49 (I think I basically got him then quit)

Other S/SS I have are
Camellia
Zeera
Puprope
Pupropu
Lunaken
Palpa (lol)
Leviathan (Job 1)
Bahamut (Job 2)

zulux21

Going for Invincible mats today since there's a rate up for 1 of them; still rare though considering the stamina cost.

I don't have an invincible thus I don't care at this time :p
I won't roll energy again until there is another boosted 10x event anyways... I expect to get to 1k energy before I roll again as they wait until fall of next year to do the event again :p

Heng

Where do you get the items to upgrade your SS characters to Z? I've tried running Last Story chapter and got nothing for it.

Edit: Nevermind found the list, it's listed after the bosses name.
Thanks Visceir.

Visceir

Where do you get the items to upgrade your SS characters to Z? I've tried running Last Story chapter and got nothing for it.

They changed some monster drops

From terrabattleforum:

Monsters loot
Some monsters have changes in their drop table (Thanks Brakkis for the exact locations)

Toxoid (13-8 boss): 13% Heartwood Bow instead of 3% Terra Spearbronze
Mechadrake Redux (14-4 boss): 13% Heartwood Pendant instead of 3% Dark Ring
Lock-On 333+ (19-5 boss): 13% Black Hole instead of 3% Terra Bowstring
EM Generator (20-1 boss): 13% Heartwood Sword instead of 3% Terra Swordsteel
Phoenix (21-7 boss): 13% Elixir instead of 3% Fire Ring
Ice Golem (22-5 boss): 13% Heartwood Wand instead of 3% Ice Ring
Dark Dragon (23-3 boss): 13% Wormhole instead of 3% Dark Ring
Young Onyx Dragon (23-10 boss): 13% Ether instead of 3% Terra Swordsteel
Oxsecian Bomber EX (24-10 boss): 13% Heartwood Spear of 3% Terra Bowstring
Craggy Leviathan (25-7 boss): 13% White Hole instead of 3% Terra Staffwood
1AOO (ch 25 boss, unkillable. Seems bugged as its 29-8 version does not drop the item): 13% Wisp of Jealousy instead of 3% Shell of Madness
Jade Guardian (26-5 boss): 18% Deepwater Helix of 3% Ice Ring (yes, 18, not 13!)
3COO (29-10 boss): 13% Cipher Cell instead of 3% Wisdom Flower
Oxsecian Fighter EX (30-8 boss): 18% Mantle Helix instead of 3% Terra Staffwood (yes, 18, not 13!)

putermcgee

Got wiped on the second wave my first try, then on the eighth wave on my second try. I'm going to have to reorganize my line-up a bit because my healer got double pincered in the wave 8 enemy layout, which meant once she was dead, all were dead.

If the Z-class characters are in the PoT pool, there's no way I'm going to sacrifice one of my SS-classes along with an A-class dragon... Not to mention the waste of time to get a weak monster over level 50 just to get absorbed.

I am liking the new content, and this is still one of my favorite iOS games, but they've made some changes I'm not thrilled about recently. Now only the host of a co-op match gets exp? Good luck finding people to randomly join you when they have literally nothing to gain from it.

I am liking the new content, and this is still one of my favorite iOS games, but they've made some changes I'm not thrilled about recently. Now only the host of a co-op match gets exp? Good luck finding people to randomly join you when they have literally nothing to gain from it.
I'm guessing mass feedback will make them change stuff around.

So Z-class stuff are in PoT ? That's crazy.
New people can just try and reroll one now. lol

Momentary

Banned
Looking to trade for Steam bucks

Got an account with:

SS: Olber, Gaiga, Amimari, Czekras, Koko, Lewto, Jennish, Bajanna, Camellia, Yulia, Suoh, Sheena, Yukken
S: Ellvern, Zuzu, Gegonago, Alika, Zeera, Puprope, Pupropu, Palpa, Leviathan, Bahamut, Odin, Zafitte

And a hell of a lot of A's and B's all PoF complete. PM if interested.

Hige

I've barely played in the last couple weeks and I just log in for the daily bonus now. All my characters are level 60+ on all jobs so I don't even do metal zones anymore. The thought of leveling up SS characters to level 80 and beyond is extremely unappealing if they don't introduce something better than 20-1 soon.

It's a huge update and yet I'm not that excited about it. :( I was obsessed with this game since launch day, but the way they've handled the events and co-op battles is underwhelming.

HawthorneKitty

I think the co-op is fine.
I remember bringing sub-optimal characters because I knew I could get away with it if the others were competent. I never exploited it for exp because I don't have time for that, but I only ever did it for eidolon items. The stamina circumvention was real in co-op story I bet.

HawthorneKitty

Looks like people have figured out how to get the TLS characters.
Less than 50 seconds of dragging and all those stipulations? Yeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Visceir

Thanks. I better be getting some badass Z characters for all this energy I've been hoarding! Hopefully they'll have another PoT event soon.

Right now the smartest course of action for spending stamina seems to be just leveling up my characters. All the DNA mats are no use until I meet the level requirements and having a high level party will surely make everything else easier. + the potential energy achievements for lvl 85+

duckroll

Damn, after the achievements activated, I overflowed with Energy. Thanks Mistwalker!!!! :D

Along with the Taiwan code, I have 53 energy now, with another 3 coming really soon once I get some more people leveled. Gonna save it for now and do a 10x pull when the time feels right. :)

Does anyone know if monsters count for the "way of the sword/spear/bow/staff" achievements? It says Job1, and they have one job, so...

kiyoaki

I've never had this much energy! (50, that is). Since I already have two SS characters I need to level up to Z class, and plenty of items I need to farm, I don't feel like getting new characters right now. I'll hold out until they do another ten-pull campaign like the recent one.

Visceir

I'm feeling like just grinding out the exp this weekend while the story chapters cost half the stamina. Getting one job to lvl 80 seems fairly easy -- getting 3 to lvl 80 will be rough tho...guess you can settle for just 1 job if you don't care or can't do the DNA thing.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm feeling like just grinding out the exp this weekend while the story chapters cost half the stamina. Getting one job to lvl 80 seems fairly easy -- getting 3 to lvl 80 will be rough tho...guess you can settle for just 1 job if you don't care or can't do the DNA thing.

What if Mistwalker adds a 5th ability that unlocks at 80?

????

duckroll

I don't feel like doing Ch 20...

Don't use ch20 to grind lol. It's a waste of time and stamina. I generally use ch23-4 to grind characters and it works really well. Costs 16 stamina per run (8 now!), and as long as you have a good S or SS mage and know how to position the team, you should be to get out of it with 98-100k exp per run. It's best to do the run with a 4 member party because of how the final battle goes (positioning is VERY important to kill everything in a single turn), so that'll get you 25k per character. Previously with the lvl70 cap, it meant that the high level mage would be maxed out and won't benefit from the exp, but now even that has changed! :)

HawthorneKitty

Don't use ch20 to grind lol. It's a waste of time and stamina. I generally use ch23-4 to grind characters and it works really well. Costs 16 stamina per run (8 now!), and as long as you have a good S or SS mage and know how to position the team, you should be to get out of it with 98-100k exp per run. It's best to do the run with a 4 member party because of how the final battle goes (positioning is VERY important to kill everything in a single turn), so that'll get you 25k per character. Previously with the lvl70 cap, it meant that the high level mage would be maxed out and won't benefit from the exp, but now even that has changed! :)
I got these nice EXP capsules though...

Folstern

Got Zael and Calista. If you treat the battles like a really long and challenging Puppet Zone it goes by much better. You also get 3% boost for each character when you clear it and get the perfect ending so it's probably worth repeating. I need to try out his tanking skill.

That background looks interesting.

Visceir

Thanks for that. I thought I was up on the special codes available, but I missed this.

How many turns does that heal-negate last from round 8 in TLS? I think if you get hit with that, you might as well give up.

Lasts quite a while and I'm quite sure you will always get hit with that. The monsters on that floor have specific behavior, if you kill the right ones then the other ones don't do any special moves or just stay in one place and do the same move over and over.

Supposedly you can also negate the fire damage if you get close the the npc.

You definitely don't want to kill the enemies and move on to the next floor until the heal-negate debuff has ran out tho or you won't get the right ending with the new characters.

meow

Glad to see TLS event lasts for a while yet, I'm in the middle of finals and don't have the time/inclination to figure things out.

Is the change to co-op only on the story stuff or also on the eidolons?

You can get animaton and dark matter in chapter 20 though.

Top Bottom