• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

That's okay, a friend of mine finally took my code, so I'll be ready for a 10x pull this weekend, although I certainly won't turn away one more with the Taiwan/Hong Kong code.

Speaking of the Download Starter, is there anywhere that says where the new music has been added to the game? I'm pretty sure the Tavern music was replaced from the main menu theme, but since I never got too far in the game in the early months, that's about all I would have seen change myself.

duckroll

I think so far the new music added has been:

- Hunting/Metal Zone from Uematsu
- Lamia Co-op Quest from Shimomura

Further additional tracks from Uematsu haven't been implemented yet, Ito's tracks will be used for the new story chapters in Season 2, and Mitsuda's music will be a future boss battle track, possibly for an event.

Battle animations also haven't been implemented. Versus Mode isn't done yet. Matsuno's bonus dungeon scenario isn't done yet. The Sakaguchi and Terra Battle staff boss battle event isn't done yet.

So 2.5.0 is out, but the new content is locked for now.

They've added tons of new upgrade materials (for Z class probably) on some of the current bosses.
(Partial list on first post here if you want to start farming them.)

And they nerfed CO-OP farming/leeching, which is getting some hate.

duckroll

Looks like they've totally revamped co-op. No more exp/coins for non-host players. Eidolons available rotated weekly. But they've added manual settings for the MP servers, so maybe that'll make it easier to connect to more players for some people. The weekly rotation also suggests they might be ready to release more next month.

The Z-class materials are all available. Sadly it seems like my speculation about the DNA Recoded characters is accurate - the Z-class upgrades only have 1 job. :(

duckroll

Just saw 2ch post screens of the Z-class upgrade skills. Whoooooaaaaaaaa...

http://i.imgur.com/z99Pcqf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZFDAnET.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/f376VFw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d3C0trQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cmLECha.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UTrA1Mf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Mbckowr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pcEBFIw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uJl1vHc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WgY4WC5.jpg

The lambda characters go beyond lvl70 (they get the 4th skill on lvl80), but it looks like 70 might still be the cap for now. Samatha Lambda's stats at lvl70 are:

Atk: 291
Def: 298
MAtk: 363
MDef: 306

That's substantially better than her stats at lvl70 on Job 3. But that's not where it ends, the skills are pretty insane. Don't have time to translate all the characters right now but...

- Lightning & Spear (Princer Row) 30%
- Control Time +4sec Equip
- Super Capsule Absorb Equip
- Tempest & Spear 30%

That's an example for Samatha. Capsule Absorb is a new skill type for the Lambda characters. The mages have the normal ones, Samatha and Koko have the Super version. For the mages, the skill basically boosts magic attack by 5% for every capsule absorbed, with a 2x effect for absorbing capsules of the same element as the character itself. Yukken Lambda also has Ribbon (Area 1) 100% as her lvl80 skill, which grants immunity to all status effects for 3 turns.

duckroll

What's with the lv 90 Gatz?

New level cap is 90. They'll be implementing Daily Quests and Achievements soon. Apparently even if you have all the required materials and monster, you need to be lvl80 and have all 3 jobs unlocked for an SS before you can do DNA Recoding. Lol. Dat grind...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
New level cap is 90. They'll be implementing Daily Quests and Achievements soon. Apparently even if you have all the required materials and monster, you need to be lvl80 and have all 3 jobs unlocked for an SS before you can do DNA Recoding. Lol. Dat grind...
Sounds perfect for the place I am in game; I'll actually be motivated to play if the level cap is raised that high.

Meeps

Those co-op changes really stink. I understand how people could abuse it, but now you don't even get anything if an item or summon doesn't drop.

At least there are those new items to farm in regular chapters.

duckroll

Some other details I noticed from the Famitsu scans:

- The Daily Quest system will not use any Stamina, instead you can only tackle it once a day. Sounds like they'll be stuff like the Tears event, where you can get select items or bonus exp from the battles.

- The achievement system will have rewards - you can get energy and items from clearing achievements. Sounds pretty generous, but I guess for a one time thing, they can afford it to keep players busy.

- Daily Quests will be found in the Arena, while Achievements will be visible in Main.

Edit: @theMrCravens, Yes it's Heal All.

Some other details I noticed from the Famitsu scans:

- The Daily Quest system will not use any Stamina, instead you can only tackle it once a day. Sounds like they'll be stuff like the Tears event, where you can get select items or bonus exp from the battles.

- The achievement system will have rewards - you can get energy and items from clearing achievements. Sounds pretty generous, but I guess for a one time thing, they can afford it to keep players busy.

- Daily Quests will be found in the Arena, while Achievements will be visible in Main.
Achievements!! Finally. Hopefully they won't be useless/lame like Record Keeper's.

I guess they'll mostly be for Season Two or task oriented stuff. Maybe a few retroactive ones for Season One chapters.

duckroll

They're not Google Play/iOS achievements. I mean, they might also tie in with those, but this is an actual in-game Achievement system you can view in the menus, showing the requirements and the rewards. It looks pretty slick.

Visceir

Sounds perfect for the place I am in game; I'll actually be motivated to play if the level cap is raised that high.

Yeah, I welcome to grind too. Atleast there will always be something to do.

The new items are in game already, right? Might as well start working on getting the needed items for my characters.

Glad I have Gatz and Alika.

Edit: Seems like one of the new The Last Story characters has a taunt skill, seems very interesting.

Staab

Yeah, I welcome to grind too. Atleast there will always be something to do.

The new items are in game already, right? Might as well start working on getting the needed items for my characters.
Yup, already started farming Elixis and Ethers, and they drop !

Very excited about those changes, finally some new stuff to do besides levelling characters !

duckroll

4Gamer has posted coverage on the upcoming systems: http://www.4gamer.net/games/263/G026384/20150423076/

q4Zys2f.jpg

For Samatha Lambda's DNA Recoding, we'll need:

- 1x Samatha at lvl80 or more with all 3 jobs unlocked
- 5x Deepwater Helix
- 1x White Hole
- 15x Terra Spearbronze
- 1x Celestial Dragon at lvl50 or more
- 1x Mermaid at lvl50 or more
- 30,000 coins

Some Achievements:

- Clear Chapter 5 = 1x Energy 1x Metal Ticket
- 6 characters at lvl20 or higher on any job = 1x of every Tear
- 3 Sword characters (Job1) at lvl25 or higher = 1x Energy
- 3 Spear characters (Job1) at lvl25 or higher = 1x Energy
- 3 Bow characters (Job1) at lvl25 or higher = 1x Energy

Screens of the Daily Quests:

kiyoaki

Some Achievements:

- Clear Chapter 5 = 1x Energy 1x Metal Ticket
- 6 characters at lvl20 or higher on any job = 1x of every Tear
- 3 Sword characters (Job1) at lvl25 or higher = 1x Energy
- 3 Spear characters (Job1) at lvl25 or higher = 1x Energy
- 3 Bow characters (Job1) at lvl25 or higher = 1x Energy

So we'll probably get those automatically unlocked (and receive thee corresponding rewards) if we already have these characters and levels? That's awesome.

duckroll

I was pretty happy with the recoding announcement since I have Zerro, Jennish and Samantha. But man... Those requirements.

The requirements are high but I'm really happy with the way the Z upgrades are designed. It seems totally worth it. A Samatha with over 6000 HP, much better stats, Pincer Row Lightning+Spear attack, Control Time +4, and being able to power up even more during battles by absorbing capsules? That's really, really strong! Don't forget, these Z upgraded characters can equip 4 of any of the previous 12 skills as well.

Imagine something like this:

Lvl90 Samatha Lambda

HP: 6601
ATK: 372
DEF: 381
MATK: 463
MDEF: 391

Lightning + Spear (Pincer Row)
Control Time +4
Super Capsule Absorb
Tempest + Spear

Tempest Strike
Thunder Strike
Thunder Strike (1 Column)
Magic Attack +10%

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Good thing I leveled my Celestial Dragon... not the mermaid though...
There's so many things I want to do; I can't choose.

Visceir

Hmm, once you've done the DNA change, can you still change back to the regular SS jobs? Will they still be max level? How else would you be able to get their skills to add to the new Z character?

Gonna have to level all those monsters from lvl 30 to lvl 50. Sure am glad I did the coin pulls tho

duckroll

Hmm, once you've done the DNA change, can you still change back to the regular SS jobs? Will they still be max level? How else would you be able to get their skills to add to the new Z character?

Gonna have to level all those monsters from lvl 30 to lvl 50. Sure am glad I did the coin pulls tho

The Z character considered a brand new character with a single job. You will not be able to switch back to the SS jobs. You are required to have all 3 jobs at lvl80 before you can do DNA Recoding, so you will already have "unlocked" all those skills. When you select skills for the empty skills slots, the equip screen will display all the skills from the previous 3 jobs for you to pick.

Visceir

The Z character considered a brand new character with a single job. You will not be able to switch back to the SS jobs. You are required to have all 3 jobs at lvl80 before you can do DNA Recoding, so you will already have "unlocked" all those skills. When you select skills for the empty skills slots, the equip screen will display all the skills from the previous 3 jobs for you to pick.

Thanks for clearing that up. Need to decide how I will go about recoding my characters since they'll most likely be rather useless until I've got them all leveled up again.

Will probably change Yukken first and then Olber after and save Piz'fer for last.

Already got a Wormhole item and one Deepwater Helix. Thankfully the bosses aren't much of a hassle for me anymore.

Most of the daily quest rewards seem rather underwhelming, but I guess I can't complain if it's just something additional and doesn't take any stamina.

Edit: The niconico stream starts in a few hours, correct? Hoping there will be even more new information there. Guess people doing the datamining are ahead of the program tho.

The requirements are high but I'm really happy with the way the Z upgrades are designed. It seems totally worth it. A Samatha with over 6000 HP, much better stats, Pincer Row Lightning+Spear attack, Control Time +4, and being able to power up even more during battles by absorbing capsules? That's really, really strong! Don't forget, these Z upgraded characters can equip 4 of any of the previous 12 skills as well.

Imagine something like this:

Lvl90 Samatha Lambda

HP: 6601
ATK: 372
DEF: 381
MATK: 463
MDEF: 391

Lightning + Spear (Pincer Row)
Control Time +4
Super Capsule Absorb
Tempest + Spear

Tempest Strike
Thunder Strike
Thunder Strike (1 Column)
Magic Attack +10%

Now that I didn't know, that's pretty cool. I guess it is nice having something to work toward. Now to decide who to focus on first

Visceir

DNA stuff/daily quests and The Last Story arena dungeon are available now, nice.

All the achievements too, got all of them right away.

Character needs to be lvl 80+ for each job to recode DNA....ok this might take a while, haha.

kiyoaki

New content. Beautiful. I just claimed my achievement rewards.

Getting network errors now. Their servers must be getting hammered.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hot damn these achievements

Why

Why now

edit: And they're gone again (here at least) and the servers have become somewhat stable.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Anyone try The Last Story content yet? It's showing a difficulty of 65 and my main team is mostly 62-64, so I'm wondering if I should try it out or hold off. 40 energy is a big cost to possibly not be able to pass.

Still haven't finished the main story yet. Taking my time, on Chapter 21.

Baliis

Anyone try The Last Story content yet? It's showing a difficulty of 65 and my main team is mostly 62-64, so I'm wondering if I should try it out or hold off. 40 energy is a big cost to possibly not be able to pass.

Still haven't finished the main story yet. Taking my time, on Chapter 21.

I tried it with a mostly 61-62 team and got completely destroyed.

Visceir

I finished the Last Story chapter with a 70's team but didn't get anything for it, doh :(

Finished the last story dungeon as well with my team of lvl 70 chars. Olber+Zuzu's evasive chains made it quite easy.

I read somewhere that depending on how you go about it there are 4 endings to the dungeon.

Aexact

Whatever the recruitment conditions are for the Last Story guys is, it's some wacky guide-dangit stuff like leave this many enemies alive on floor 8a or don't attack this enemy with NPC(2) or heck if I know, apparently attempting to "Negotiator" them is no good.

What a change though. Guess Chap 20 is still the best stamina to EXP ratio...
Needs a new level 70 Metal Zone! (It'll probably cost 50 stamina goodness gracious)

duckroll

Oh nice, they put up all the content! I gave the Daily Quest a go, great music but it's kinda shitty as a challenge. Lol. Hopefully the others are better. Going to try the Last Story thing next. :)

duckroll

Shit, I think being stuck in a holding pattern for over a week where I've just been leveling characters and doing Metal Zones has made me weak. I totally didn't expect this event to be an actual challenge. I didn't want to attack the girl at first, but got completely wrecked by her Rage All and the mob. My party is lvl66-70 too. Lol. Gotta plan a better party and try it again when I'm not sleepy. It's great to have real new content again! <3

Visceir

Ran The Last Story dungeon again and actually read the story this time around, still didn't receive either of the characters.

I'll just spoiler tag it just in case, but here is what I will try to do next time around I'll run it.
Avoid hitting Calista with Zael in the first battle. Also use a character with sleep to try to just put her to sleep rather than attack her. Already tried just killing all the minions and leaving her alive, but after a while she stopped calling in reinforcements and I had to attack her to stay alive.

Same for the fight against Zael later on, just try to put him to sleep instead. This is just me making guesses tho, I don't Really know how to get the characters.

...or perhaps demoralize would work...

Only change I noticed this time around was that I didn't have an NPC helping me out in some fights

Top Bottom