• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

duckroll

Another lame Alternate Fate run. I suck. Zael is never going to get any of those easy bonus skill boosts at this rate! :(

Samatha Λ is up to lvl64 now. I'm starting to have her make 2-man runs with Lewto on 23-4, and they get almost 50k exp each. Pretty good deal. Still going to be a huge grind to 80 though. Lol. Got both my dragonslayers up to 65/65/65, so they'll be ready whenever Bahamut and Leviathan return. Yay.

Maybe I'll just refocus and try more TLS runs to refine a Perfect Fate strategy instead. Not like there's much else to do in the game at the moment! :p

Got both my dragonslayers up to 65/65/65, so they'll be ready whenever Bahamut and Leviathan return. Yay.
Speaking of those 3 descended bosses, some people were suggesting they might add to each a fourth stage that gives them a Λ upgrade item.

So if you're hardcore, time to grind Bahamut, Odin and Leviathan to 80/80/80 just in case.

duckroll

What's your Zael % at?

0.0%! Lololol. I haven't used him at all, and I've been too busy working on Samatha to make serious runs. The last 2-3 I tried in the last few weeks have all been Alternate Fates.

Speaking of those 3 descended bosses, some people were suggesting they might add to each a fourth stage that gives them a Λ upgrade item.

So if you're hardcore, time to grind Bahamut, Odin and Leviathan to 80/80/80 just in case.

I... don't have Bahamut, Leviathan, or Odin.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeowch. Well, if you ration it so that you stick to doing 3 runs per day for the last 10 days, you should still be able to get him to a respectable % even failing some runs after adjusting the strategy.

0.0%! Lololol. I haven't used him at all, and I've been too busy working on Samatha to make serious runs. The last 2-3 I tried in the last few weeks have all been Alternate Fates.

I... don't have Bahamut, Leviathan, or Odin.

ouch

so are zael and Calista any useful or....

vladisaac

I have been playing Terra Battle for quite some time and I am finally getting my first Z class through Recode DNA. Since Pizfer is a mage, I didn't bother leveling up the monsters to get more SB, he will eventually get it naturally.

http://puu.sh/hSfWO/02e30f94a6.png

Quite proud of this achievement haha.

I didn't get to finish The Last Story (Wii) this weekend, but I decided to start playing the dungeon in Terra Battle since time is running out and I got Calista and Zael after a few attempts. Of course I skipped the story scenes, but after I finish the main game on Tuesday (fingers crossed), I'll start playing to get a little Skill Boost before it ends.

I was actually shocked when I got Zael, because I had such poor positioning in the penultimate battle and spent A LOT of time spinning around there and on the final battle I was constantly being cornered with no real good spots to do a lot of damage. But it worked, so hooray.

Now bring back the dragons, since I missed them the last few times.

Fandangox

I finished chapter 20. My party is around level 50, but I don't think I will be able to grind 20-30 levels on all of them on the remaining time to attempt the Last Story dungeon :c

zulux21

I finished chapter 20. My party is around level 50, but I don't think I will be able to grind 20-30 levels on all of them on the remaining time to attempt the Last Story dungeon :c

11 days is plenty of time.

just watch the metal zone openings and use your stamina there for a bit to get up to 60, from there just do 20-1 over and over again with all of your stamina (I can't remember if the metal zone is open that you need, if not work your way there but I didn't have any problems after chap 20 until 25 or so so it shouldn't be to hard to get to :p). each run should get you at least a half a level up to level 70. With 11 days you will get at least 5 energy that you can burn to do some extra runs.

Fandangox

11 days is plenty of time.

just watch the metal zone openings and use your stamina there for a bit to get up to 60, from there just do 20-1 over and over again with all of your stamina (I can't remember if the metal zone is open that you need, if not work your way there but I didn't have any problems after chap 20 until 25 or so so it shouldn't be to hard to get to :p). each run should get you at least a half a level up to level 70. With 11 days you will get at least 5 energy that you can burn to do some extra runs.

I cannot use any other Metal Zone since I assume Metal one 4 only levels up from 40-50 which most of my characters are already past by. Plus I don't have much time this week to grind the slow way :/

Baliis

The condition for getting Zael feels so weird. Some runs I feel super confident but don't get it, other runs I basically give up on, yet get him there.

After a fair bit of grinding I finally attempted the LS dungeon. I got Calista easily enough however had to do a ton of restarts on that second last floor.

She was all I was shooting for when I seen the event but I think I might actually be able to manage Zael after a few days of tweaking. My low SB% on my physical dudes definitely hurts me but power points solved that issue for the most part.

I finally beat The Last Story (Wii), the last six or so hours are just non-stop awesome.

Should I need to play the Epilogue before I read the Terra Battle story?

Also, I have not been able to repeat my previous luck and get Zael some Skill Boost. I am barely able to get Calista again. Actually, the last round I played I thought I did everything correct even having Zael initiate the last attack and I still got nothing. Bleh.

Falk

that puzzling face
Ughhhh Calista and Zael are at 54% and 48% right now and I want to puke.

Should be reasonably high enough for gameplay if I ever need to use them, right? I mean, there's always savescumming if a super duper critical ability doesn't trigger.

I feel like I should be grinding Maralme and Velraine up instead.

Folstern

Ughhhh Calista and Zael are at 54% and 48% right now and I want to puke.

Should be reasonably high enough for gameplay if I ever need to use them, right? I mean, there's always savescumming if a super duper critical ability doesn't trigger.

I feel like I should be grinding Maralme and Velraine up instead.
Their lowest skills are around 30% activation so their skills should mostly proc with those skill percentages.

Maralme and Velraine can be boosted quite a bit just through PoF draws if you are patient enough to run the coin weekends until you complete it.

duckroll

This month's V Jump apparently revealed Lich Lambda, Marilith Lambda, and Odin Lambda. Lol.

Sakaguchi tweeted that there'll be a version update soon (usually he tweets that a day or so before a patch goes live), and that maybe there'll be a Nico stream around the end of next week.

Falk

that puzzling face
Maralme and Velraine can be boosted quite a bit just through PoF draws if you are patient enough to run the coin weekends until you complete it.

Oh yeah, coin creep farming is definitely on the menu. I (re-)started ~45 days ago and got sidetracked by boosting the shit out of a core team to take on TLS, so I've not done any of the eidolon stuff yet.

I do believe Malarme and Velraine need to be a minimum level in all jobs before SB and level gains from PoF kick in, right? Both Maralme and Velraine were sitting at lv10 j1 with nothing else unlocked lol

Marilith Lambda

Incoming nightmare fuel D:

Folstern

I do believe Malarme and Velraine need to be a minimum level in all jobs before SB and level gains from PoF kick in, right? Both Maralme and Velraine were sitting at lv10 j1 with nothing else unlocked lol
The most efficient way would be to get all their jobs unlocked and level those jobs to 70. When you're done with PoF they'd both be at 100% SB and level 90 across all jobs.

Visceir

Odin already is one of the highest physical damage dealers though.

Seems really weird to do this, perhaps it's a way to repurpose old bosses for new content?

Finalow

dat space section.

I feel sad for pulling Alika + some crap out of 7 cards, give me back mah energy please.

I'll try to level up this team + Grace at 65 for Leviathan and Bahamut. what's the best way to do it? After I can't use MZ3 from the arena I can go to MZ4 and MZ5 in the map but my team sucks for MZ, runners always get away (I have literally no AoE besides shitty monsters) and I usually get less than 150-200k exp per run. maybe 20-1 is better?

I'll probably miss TLS event, hopefully they'll put it back someday.

Falk

that puzzling face
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Should have swapped from TLS to levelling the two dragon hunters a little sooner.

Falk

that puzzling face
Maralme and Velraine? They might be described as dragon hunters but they don't actually have any anti-dragon skills, do they?

They don't. It's more of the principle of it. :E

edit: Also Wyrmtail.

Not visible skills, but they have an invisible passive bonus against Dragons. x1.2 damage on Job1, x1.3 in Job2, and x1.5 in Job3. :)

Holy shit lol, that's a nice touch- was only going for it because it sounded freaking cool.

edit2: Okay, for someone who's never done Bahamut/Lev/Odin, how useful is stuff like Grace's debuff? Should I start levelling her too? Trying to figure out how I'm going to approach it in terms of levelling a roster for this before the first one ends. Obviously I have a bunch of 90 job3 single target damage dealers leftover from TLS.

duckroll

Maralme and Velraine? They might be described as dragon hunters but they don't actually have any anti-dragon skills, do they?

Not visible skills, but they have an invisible passive bonus against Dragons. x1.2 damage on Job1, x1.3 in Job2, and x1.5 in Job3. :)

Velraine. 💖

Actually, Velraine and Maramle do do extra damage versus dragons.

This puts a wrench into my plans. Urf.

Advise, please. Should I try to get Ma'curi leveled up to make Zael boosting easier? Or just keep at it with my setup, which has me at Calista 15%, Zael 3%. OR. Should I shift into dragon mode and worry about getting Zarl some B% like everyone else gets it? The only thing is I feel the dragon events will rotate back in more frequently than the Last Story event will.

Meeps

edit2: Okay, for someone who's never done Bahamut/Lev/Odin, how useful is stuff like Grace's debuff? Should I start levelling her too? Trying to figure out how I'm going to approach it in terms of levelling a roster for this before the first one ends.

You can't use Grace's debuff on Odin, and I didn't use it on Leviathan, but it was extremely useful on Bahamut Ultra. I'm sure there are better strategies by now, but make sure you bring units with anti-fire capsules and shields. The meteor attack can destroy your party if you don't pull off a quick kill.

For Leviathan, Levitate-All makes the fight fairly trivial since it lets you dodge the whirlpool. Just throw in a good ice mage to break the shield.

For Odin, I used a Blastosaur to clear away the bombs and just went all out on physical attacks with Bahl and Ma'curi.

Good luck! It's frustrating but I think it's some of the best content in the game.

Good thing I pulled Rikken recently.
Now I can %SB cap those 3 descended beasts with ease.
Advise, please. Should I try to get Ma'curi leveled up to make Zael boosting easier? Or just keep at it with my setup, which has me at Calista 15%, Zael 3%. OR. Should I shift into dragon mode and worry about getting Zarl some B% like everyone else gets it? The only thing is I feel the dragon events will rotate back in more frequently than the Last Story event will.
Since you officially got both Zael and Callista, I'd forget about them for now and go full on prepare for the descended events.

You still got 10 days for TLS though, so if you can evolve Odin pretty fast this week, you can still catch up on running TLS for some %SB.

Finalow

I'll try to level up this team + Grace at 65 for Leviathan and Bahamut. what's the best way to do it? After I can't use MZ3 from the arena I can go to MZ4 and MZ5 in the map but my team sucks for MZ, runners always get away (I have literally no AoE besides shitty monsters) and I usually get less than 150-200k exp per run. maybe 20-1 is better?
anyone? :<

You can't use Grace's debuff on Odin, and I didn't use it on Leviathan, but it was extremely useful on Bahamut Ultra. I'm sure there are better strategies by now, but make sure you bring units with anti-fire capsules and shields. The meteor attack can destroy your party if you don't pull off a quick kill.

For Leviathan, Levitate-All makes the fight fairly trivial since it lets you dodge the whirlpool. Just throw in a good ice mage to break the shield.

For Odin, I used a Blastosaur to clear away the bombs and just went all out on physical attacks with Bahl and Ma'curi.

Good luck! It's frustrating but I think it's some of the best content in the game.
Grace is probably the best "strategy", the ultra version dies in 2 turns.

it's broken, basically the enemy defense goes to -1000000000 (-100%) and you do 1000000000 damage with one pincer. not sure how exactly it works though. hope to get her at 65 in time.

duckroll

If you don't have any characters who can do column/row pincer area, or column/area attacks, your next best bet to have a character with Confuse Area help out in MZ4, or Petrify Area for MZ5. If you don't have any of that.... well... good luck?

Red Mage

dat space section.

I feel sad for pulling Alika + some crap out of 7 cards, give me back mah energy please.

I'll probably miss TLS event, hopefully they'll put it back someday.

Do you have anyone who makes bombs? Put a bomb in front of the runners, they'll suicide.

Whoo looking forward to the dragons! I missed em the first time around. I think I need to face the fact that I won't get Zael. I'm just not seeing how I can do it without decent SB on S'naip and Bahl.

my 90 team is ready to wail on those mofos.

so much grief they gave me as a young terra battler.

oh but i will take joy this time. i will make them suffer.

BTW: i've been on the same last story fight for 2 days now because i cant ohko 4+ enemies with that dude's meteor attack.

i've tried all sorts of things (different setups, different characters) and while it changes who dies, its still only 3 max:/

i'm close to just considering this one a loss for both chars.

Yurick can one-hit kill the ice monsters in a pincer with his fire attack.

Do what you can with a meteor and then kill the rest in pincers.

Jagernaut

oh ok, i was confused. i thought that METEOR had to kill 4+ enemies.

The guide I read said:

On this stage you must eliminate at least 4 of the 6 mobs using Yurick's spells. It's recommended you have a Power Point ready and waiting in order to proc his Meteor skill and make quick work of this floor.

I used 2 power points in a row and only pincered with Yurick. Worked for me, got Calista twice but not Zael.

Xetherion

I think I need to face the fact that I won't get Zael. I'm just not seeing how I can do it without decent SB on S'naip and Bahl.

Yeah same here I think, I don't even have Bahl, and my 3 physcial dps of Snaip, Suoh, and Odin all have under 30% SB. Odin's only at 16%.

I hope the Last Story event comes back like the Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin one has.

I wish we had more info on Lich and Marilith lambda.
Are they auto adding j2 and j3 with next patch ?
Are they going to be part of a desdended battle like Odin ?
Do I level them to 80 now ?

Yeah same here I think, I don't even have Bahl, and my 3 physcial dps of Snaip, Suoh, and Odin all have under 30% SB. Odin's only at 16%.

I hope the Last Story event comes back like the Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin one has.
I had to level from scratch Bahl and Sn'aip for TLS, and they were each at 0% SB.
Now I got both Zael and Callista at 100% from frequent runs with them both.

Although I did have Power Point Amp from Gugba, so those PPs helped kill stuff faster.

Xetherion

How did you boost their SB %? I tried 1-5, but i was usually only getting 1 or 2 characters to boost 0.1% per run, sometimes nobody gained skill boost at all. It didn't seem worthwhile...

How did you boost their SB %? I tried 1-5, but i was usually only getting 1 or 2 characters to boost 0.1% per run, sometimes nobody gained skill boost at all. It didn't seem worthwhile...
I didn't.
I just leveled them with Metal Zones and went in TLS with 0% SB.
Like I said though, Power Point Amp made it easier.

Xetherion

Oh okay, i thought you started at 0% and then gained some before you went into TLS. I don't have Gugba, so no Power Point Amp for me. Oh well.

Finalow

new patch out, iOS only so far it seems.

new co-op mode added (??)

If you don't have any characters who can do column/row pincer area, or column/area attacks, your next best bet to have a character with Confuse Area help out in MZ4, or Petrify Area for MZ5. If you don't have any of that.... well... good luck?
don't have any of that. Lunato can learn petrify arrows but it's J3 and I'm still J1 with him, also not sure how much that's worth it/helpful.

Do you have anyone who makes bombs?
nope.

so uh :(, instead of wasting stamina on MZ4 or MZ5 I guess I should just run 20-1? I wanted to level up a bit before doing that again because last time it wasn't easy.

Top Bottom