• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Got done with 18-3, slowly making progress. Feels like I'm winning fights that I'm not supposed to win, with all odds against me. Could really use a character with levitate :(

Hunting Zone 3 should open up after this chapter, hoping I can get it before tuesday so I can farm some materials for job changes.

Negator

Just got off of Love Live and apparently I have yet to learn my lesson, so here I am in this game.

I rerolled until I at least got an SS (Gaiga). Should I be saving the rest of my energy until some kind of event pops up?

Neol

Just got off of Love Live and apparently I have yet to learn my lesson, so here I am in this game.

I rerolled until I at least got an SS (Gaiga). Should I be saving the rest of my energy until some kind of event pops up?

For now there doesn't seem any reason too save your energy so go ahead and spend it to recruit. Better too just get a team of adventurer units than the generic units.

Uthred

How are people approaching their second and third jobs? I've been moving over and levelling them to 15 and moving back but for some of them maybe it would be better to make the second or third job their "main" considering theyre supposed to have better stats?

Soulflarz

Banned
How are people approaching their second and third jobs? I've been moving over and levelling them to 15 and moving back but for some of them maybe it would be better to make the second or third job their "main" considering theyre supposed to have better stats?

I cant get the third material so sigh.

Czekras-Job1.png
oh yes, imma keep this one for sure. specially since he turns into this:

zulux21

YESSSS finally pulled an SS

Bow user wasn't super in demand, but I'll gladly take it.

I still just have my SS from the start(lewto). I have two S now as I pulled one yesterday though Sha'plar and the one I pulled yesterday was
this adorable little shadow user

which she made me happy as I now should have enough fire power to deal with pudding zone, just need to actually unlock level 2 of it still as i am in the middle of chapter 6 or so.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I still just have my SS from the start(lewto). I have two S now as I pulled one yesterday though Sha'plar and the one I pulled yesterday was
this adorable little shadow user

which she made me happy as I now should have enough fire power to deal with pudding zone, just need to actually unlock level 2 of it still as i am in the middle of chapter 6 or so.
I thought it was Miku for a sec.

Hige

I've unlocked the second job for about 4 characters (including the story tutorial one) and I've moved them all over to the second job. I think it depends what your goals are. "Better stats" don't matter until you get your second job to almost the same level as the first job, which means that you're using stamina to level up instead of progressing through the story. The stat difference won't truly come into play IMO until you max out at level 70 which is still far away for most of us.

I also didn't need any more skills on the first jobs except for some level 65 abilities, but those take too long to unlock. In some cases it's more appealing to go for the level 35 skill in the second job instead. At this point I'm going to see how far I can get without unlocking more jobs until I really need it.

zulux21

I thought it was Miku for a sec.
:p
I've unlocked the second job for about 4 characters (including the story tutorial one) and I've moved them all over to the second job. I think it depends what your goals are. "Better stats" don't matter until you get your second job to almost the same level as the first job, which means that you're using stamina to level up instead of progressing through the story. The stat difference won't truly come into play IMO until you max out at level 70 which is still far away for most of us.

I also didn't need any more skills on the first jobs except for some level 65 abilities, but those take too long to unlock. In some cases it's more appealing to go for the level 35 skill in the second job instead. At this point I'm going to see how far I can get without unlocking more jobs until I really need it.

As long as some SS keep being offered in the coin recruit I will likely continue to just feed my coins to that instead of working on jobs because I am a sucker like that lol.

Visceir

Got A'Merpact today as my last roll. An A Class AoE ice mage. Hes a really good character, but since I already have Piz the SS ice mage hes kinda useless to me :(

250px-Amperact.png

Yesterday before going to bed I had nearly enough stamina to give it a try at 8-10 to get the weapon to unlock my SS mage's third job. Stayed up an extra 10 min but actually got the weapon this time around.

How far I level the second jobs entirely depends on their skills. Everyone will be obviously leveled atleast to lvl 20 to unlock the extra skill slot, but other than that I might skip the rest of the levels and go straight to third job if the lvl 35 skill isn't appealing.

Hige

How far I level the second jobs entirely depends on their skills. Everyone will be obviously leveled atleast to lvl 20 to unlock the extra skill slot, but other than that I might skip the rest of the levels and go straight to third job if the lvl 35 skill isn't appealing.
Isn't the skill slot only for that particular job, though? Why go to level 20 if you're going to switch?

Visceir

Damn, SS class 3rd job changes are expensive. 20k for each. Good thing I had close to 40k saved up....still lack the money for my other characters though, should have farmed Coin creeps more during the weekend :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
FUCK 18-5.

o o o o o o
o o o o o o
o z s s z o
o s e e s o
o s e e s o
o z s s z o
o o o o o o
o o o o o o

s = spike
z = super spike
e = laterally attacking monster

Visceir

I died way before the final battle.
I don't want to bring a second healer...

Took me 4 tries but I managed to beat it. The first 2 ones were the toughest, then after that it was easy. I did do it with 2 healers.

Since I'm just half way through chapter 18 I can't imagine what else it will fling at me, ugh. Could really use Gatz and his levitate right now.

Some Nobody

The more I play this, the less I enjoy it. I feel like the grind is really really heavy. Money is slow to come by, mats are absurdly rare, and XP is tiered by the silly metal zones. I enjoy everything the game does, but the mechanics just feel rusty. :/

Where are you? I don't have a problem with any of that, but I'm fairly early into the game (Chapter 6). Materials are pretty easy to get a hold of and the weekend lets me grind for cash, which is why I'm almost at 20k--I'd be close to 30 if I hadn't tried to recruit like twice. As far as XP--I maxed all my characters out early on and since then haven't had any big problems getting things done.

The grind is certainly there, but no less than it would be in another game. (Better than Destiny, lol.) The only thing that's slowing me down is this stamina nonsense, but it's a mobile game so there's no way around that.

Edit: We're at 800,000! Strategy guide confirmed! Now if we can just get to one million so I can get some battle animations... After that, I'm set until the 1.5 and 2 million tiers.

anaron

Where are you? I don't have a problem with any of that, but I'm fairly early into the game (Chapter 6). Materials are pretty easy to get a hold of and the weekend lets me grind for cash, which is why I'm almost at 20k--I'd be close to 30 if I hadn't tried to recruit like twice. As far as XP--I maxed all my characters out early on and since then haven't had any big problems getting things done.

The grind is certainly there, but no less than it would be in another game. (Better than Destiny, lol.) The only thing that's slowing me down is this stamina nonsense, but it's a mobile game so there's no way around that.

Edit: We're at 800,000! Strategy guide confirmed! Now if we can just get to one million so I can get some battle animations... After that, I'm set until the 1.5 and 2 million tiers.
Yay :]

I'm the same, the 1 mil mark will tide me over for a good while.

Some Nobody

Can someone explain better to me than the game did how you "push" characters before I get to a chapter without knowing and it kills me?

Visceir

Ah, I usually skip that screen since it takes forever to load, haha.

I do have Regencell, but I haven't been using it. Hope I'll get a gift anyway *fingers crossed*

chrono01

Ugh, I don't have it. :(

I might try farming it tomorrow just in-case the gift is something like 5 free Energy. Does anyone know, in particular, where it drops?

Edit - Ah, Chapter 14/15, huh? Off I go!

Hige

Looks like Regenercell is being fixed for game balance and those who have her will get a gift.
I found this. I didn't look at the video because I want to avoid spoilers, but from that screenshot you can apparently make a hardcore farmable team with magic monsters. Magic attack +50% is insanely broken, damn.

Visceir

I found this. I didn't look at the video because I want to avoid spoilers, but from that screenshot you can apparently make a hardcore farmable team with magic monsters. Magic attack +50% is insanely broken, damn.

Yea, it seemed really good, but obviously I wasn't going to get it to lvl 65 anytime soon so it didn't make sense to use it.

Team has Mantledrake too, does fire AoE and can be farmed from 7-10.

Hige

Yea, it seemed really good, but obviously I wasn't going to get it to lvl 65 anytime soon so it didn't make sense to use it.
I just got one from 14-10; the magic attack skill is level 50 actually. It's a B class so it shouldn't be too hard to get there.

For anyone trying to farm one before they change it, 14-4 has like 7 Regenercells.

AC!D

So playing this on Chapter 5 a moment ago, I ended up in a stalemate with two slug type enemies that just sat in the bottom right corner with no way for me to manoeuvre my units either side of them. Not sure how well thought out this battle system is to be honest...and I was enjoying it up until then too. :(

Top Bottom