• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Uthred

Any clarity on how the "Executes in 2 turns" stuff works? Does it mean it takes effect the turn after that character is in an active combo? (I'd test it myself but Im out of stamina at the moment)

Welp, should I still level him up? And nvm, just unlocked 9

Yes, he's currently one of the best characters in the game in terms of overall damage output, big help in getting through the story

Any clarity on how the "Executes in 2 turns" stuff works? Does it mean it takes effect the turn after that character is in an active combo? (I'd test it myself but Im out of stamina at the moment)

Yes, he's currently one of the best characters in the game in terms of overall damage output, big help in getting through the story
i think it means it stays active for 2 turns

SWKwong

Neo Member
Just lost my first battle at 13-8. It hurts ;(. Dimensional shift seperating my healer and having two sword users screwed me over.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The more I play this, the less I enjoy it. I feel like the grind is really really heavy. Money is slow to come by, mats are absurdly rare, and XP is tiered by the silly metal zones. I enjoy everything the game does, but the mechanics just feel rusty. :/

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The more I play this, the less I enjoy it. I feel like the grind is really really heavy. Money is slow to come by, mats are absurdly rare, and XP is tiered by the silly metal zones. I enjoy everything the game does, but the mechanics just feel rusty. :/
what were you expecting from a mobile game? This isn't a game you finish in a few weeks.

Visceir

Don't know how far into the story chapters you are but I'd suggest just doing those until you actually get seriously stuck.

For each chapter completed your max stamina increases, your stamina fully recovers, you get 1 energy and while completing the chapter you get some exp and coin + you actually get introduced to new things and enemies.

I finally beat 17-7 after like 5 tries. Feels good to be done with that, ugh. 17-8 was easy, 2 more and I'll have full stamina again.

So I got a character in level 15 that i can already put in a new job.
Is it better to level up to 35 and then change their job to keep all possible skills like Fire Emblem or does this game work differently and you can change of job whenever you want?
What are the cons and pros?

Also I see another option when you get more bolts/money in the recruiting screen. Is it better to wait so I can press that button to recruit (like better luck getting better ranked characters?) because its the same amount of money/bolts only doubled as you are getting two characters instead of 1 and seems a little stupid to give that option if nothing changes.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So I got a character in level 15 that i can already put in a new job.
Is it better to level up to 35 and then change their job to keep all possible skills like Fire Emblem or does this game work differently and you can change of job whenever you want?
What are the cons and pros?

Also I see another option when you get more bolts/money in the recruiting screen. Is it better to wait so I can press that button to recruit (like better luck getting better ranked characters?) because its the same amount of money/bolts only doubled as you are getting two characters instead of 1 and seems a little stupid to give that option if nothing changes.

You can change the job whenever you want.

Karu

Discovered this thread today and tried it out immediately, it got me hooked! And according to this thread it doesn't seems to die down after the first stage if "oh, this is kinda fun". Good.

No patience for reroll though, 2 B's and just going right in.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Discovered this thread today and tried it out immediately, it got me hooked! And according to this thread it doesn't seems to die down after the first stage if "oh, this is kinda fun". Good.

Thats the standard characters everyone gets, just keep playing and have fun :)

Characters 1-4 are standard. The reroll ones are 5 and 6. You get them using the 5 free energy from completing tutorial and 5 free energy from twitter code

Visceir

Beat 18-1 on my second try. Feeling like my characters are becoming underleveled for the stuff that is getting thrown at me. Guess I'm gonna have to get some farming done, but I'm not quite sure where to even begin.

Tempted to go back to 7-10 and get myself a Mantledrake, should be a decent enough substitute for a second AoE mage.

I think this game is pretty good, but with such nice artwork I'd like it if the battle sequences cut to something more animated.

The 1 million downloadstarter goal is "start work on battle illustrations", so spread the word and get people to download it.

What the twitter code?

free 5 energy promo code: dhth66nWXVCbjdTC

Karu

Characters 1-4 are standard. The reroll ones are 5 and 6. You get them using the 5 free energy from completing tutorial and 5 free energy from twitter code
Ah ok, well the same. But I'm not a perfectionist in relation to games in general, so there is that. ;-) Can't wait til my stupid phone's battery is full again,

Panda Rin

running into a wall in chapter 12 where I'm not blowing through content anymore.

haven't gotten anything above an A since getting two SS initially.

Karu

On chapter three, did the metal stuff 3x times. Now the missions are easy. Too easy?! Was prefering it pre-powerleveling. Welp. Also... fuck mages. Still only one sword/crossbow/spear. Sigh... (Lot of complaining, but game is fun. ;-))

Soulflarz

Banned
On chapter three, did the metal stuff 3x times. Now the missions are easy. Too easy?! Was prefering it pre-powerleveling. Welp. Also... fuck mages. Still only one sword/crossbow/spear. Sigh... (Lot of complaining, but game is fun. ;-))

I was using a generic archer until chapter 7 when i finally got one who wasnt >.>

Anfang

Once you hit 10+ the missions start throwing a lot more at you, and it becomes not so easy.

anaron

I wonder how much the vs mode will light up the game's community. I know all the friends I've gotten hooked and I are dying for it

Is there any point to the level limits on the hunting zones? I know that if you have a level 40 member in your party and do a metal zone2 run, that one lv40 guy won't get XP.

So would having a lv40 while doing a hunting zone 2(lv20-39) hurt your odds of item drops and overall coin gain?

Is there any point to the level limits on the hunting zones? I know that if you have a level 40 member in your party and do a metal zone2 run, that one lv40 guy won't get XP.

So would having a lv40 while doing a hunting zone 2(lv20-39) hurt your odds of item drops and overall coin gain?

Drop rate is increased in higher level hunting zones, so that's about it. There's no advantage to doing a lower level hunting zone AFAICT.

Top Bottom