• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Riposte

Spending 5 energy allows you to recruit a new character in the tavern. You get 5 energy for beating the tutorial. You get another 5 energy if you go to the options and scroll all the way down where you can enter the promo code: dhth66nWXVCbjdTC for another 5 energy.

Depending on what characters you get from those 2 recruitments people start the game over again to get the most ideal start (not neccessary though).

With the 2 starter B rank characters, those 2 that you got from recruitment in the tavern and the 2 random grunts you should have an ok team together to tackle the next chapters and progress on.

Thanks for the promo code.

I didn't mean the basics; I mean like... at some point I'm going to have a lot of characters of various grades (a lot of shitty ones apparently), a lot of (limited) opportunities to upgrade jobs, etc. What am I trying to do? How many characters do I level? Do I switch them out carelessly? Do I try to kick out weaker characters (can I even do that)?

Don't see why you'd try to cheat the game for anything above "Bs". It's not like its been very hard.

meow

Got Amazora on my next pull, B class. It's nice that she's elemental but I really didn't need another sword user. Sooo many swords.

I didn't mean the basics I mean like... at some point I'm going to have a lot of characters of various grades (a lot of shitty ones apparently), a lot of (limited) opportunities to upgrade jobs, etc. What am I trying to do? How many characters do I level? Do I switch them out carelessly? Do I try to kick out weaker characters (can I even do that)?

Don't see why you'd try to cheat the game for anything about "Bs". It's not like its been very hard.

well some mobs will only have one skill wheres other mobs and all named units have multiple skills to learn

you want to have some variety in types and dont want to be stuck with all bow users when the stage has nothing but swords. like i said some mobs ionly have one skill, but you would rather much have them in your team if they have a dmg bonus vs enemies in stage. UNLESS the character you have has something special (like AOEs, healing, or status effect that works in that stage)

for now im saving up job materials until i decide who is more my permanent team (Kuscah is my healer and he's always in my party, so ill upgrade him first)

all up to your discretion

until you open up the 2nd tier of the special zones, you wanna keep some mobs around ~14-16 for better drop rates. until you open up the 2nd tear, your characters SHOULD be around 22+ or so before ch 9.

Visceir

I didn't mean the basics; I mean like... at some point I'm going to have a lot of characters of various grades (a lot of shitty ones apparently), a lot of (limited) opportunities to upgrade jobs, etc. What am I trying to do? How many characters do I level? Do I switch them out carelessly? Do I try to kick out weaker characters (can I even do that)?

Don't see why you'd try to cheat the game for anything above "Bs". It's not like its been very hard.

Before you start the map/mission it displays what kind of enemies you'll be facing. Usually the weapon type outweighs whatever other positives the character might have, especially in later stages.

Since you get characters randomly you usually have to make things work with what you got. I guess in that regard most people will have a personal and different experience with the game from everyone else.

I always roll with 2 healers and an AoE mage in my line-up (I'd probably give 2 AoE mages and 1 healer a try if I had 2 mages). The other 3 characters are damage dealers and get switched out depending on what weapon type enemies I'm facing.

The main DD's I have are 2 sword, 2 bow, 1 spear -- this is mainly because those are the characters I was given. Currently I'm facing maps full of spear guys so I include the spear guy and 2 of my bow guys in the party even though one of the sword guys has extremely high damage output (he just wouldn't survive the enemy attacks).

wrowa

So after playing a bunch whenever time permits, I've rare rolled 6 times and got all A's and 1 B. This doesn't include the SS I rolled in the beginning.

Am I screwed guys?

I'm up to chapter 10 and I haven't lost a single battle yet, despite only having one S character (and even that one I got just recently).

13-8 is a big difficulty spike all of a sudden. It probably doesn't help I keep losing a unit before getting to the boss. >_>

I'm facing difficulty with this fellow too. His cross attack just does TOO much damage. Admittedly my characters are probably underlevelled, they're generally 25ish. Seems like the recommended level is low 30's.

Visceir

I'm facing difficulty with this fellow too. His cross attack just does TOO much damage. Admittedly my characters are probably underlevelled, they're generally 25ish. Seems like the recommended level is low 30's.

The second you defeat all of its minions the fight is pretty much over as it has no way of hitting you if you know its pattern. Take note of where the minions are and place your characters according to that so that you'd be hitting the minions first with all of your characters.

Think I had only 2 characters left when I defeated the minions and just kept on slowly chipping away at the boss' health.

Yaari

Apparently the third item for all those jobs is a pretty rare one, as I am lacking it for almost every available Job change. But where do I get these items?

Visceir

Apparently the third item for all those jobs is a pretty rare one, as I am lacking it for almost every available Job change. But where do I get these items?

Boss monsters drop them (rare drop), pretty sure the wiki has most of that information available.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Rare drops in special hunt areas. Pudding, Tin etc.

meow

I was looking at some of the higher level abilities in trying to decide who to add a second job for since I only have enough materials atm to upgrade one, what does something like this mean: Magic Attack +5%, Fire, 2 Turns, 30%
On a character that isn't marked as elemental? At some point they get the chance at an element attack too?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of rare drops, who uses Gyros? Because I just had that drop from 9-3, I think.

I was looking at some of the higher level abilities in trying to decide who to add a second job for since I only have enough materials atm to upgrade one, what does something like this mean: Magic Attack +5%, Fire, 2 Turns, 30%
On a character that isn't marked as elemental? At some point they get the chance at an element attack too?
That's Nakupi right? I have him and that skill unlocked. So far it hasn't really done anything? I thought it was a defense skill.

meow

That's Nakupi right? I have him and that skill unlocked. So far it hasn't really done anything? I thought it was a defense skill.
That would make sense (though seems low on usefulness scale) but his lvl 15 abilities outright say defense instead: Magic Defense +20%, Ice, 2 Turns, 30%

So was wondering what it was haha

just started this. chapter 4 introduced spikes that can damage you when you cross over it. lolwut. is there any other random damage tiles later on that i should know about?

chrono01

just started this. chapter 4 introduced spikes that can damage you when you cross over it. lolwut. is there any other random damage tiles later on that i should know about?
Definitely.

Lava, bombs, acid, rocks that block your path, shields from enemies, etc. Plenty of stuff to watch out for!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That would make sense (though seems low on usefulness scale) but his lvl 15 abilities outright say defense instead: Magic Defense +20%, Ice, 2 Turns, 30%

So was wondering what it was haha
Oh oops, I actually don't have that, I only have the lvl 15 ability unlocked. My guess is that it does count as an elemental attack. The reason he wouldn't have a element designation on him is because he can use both ice and fire, maybe?

havent touched it all day. wondering if i should plan specific teams for the special areas.

You would need to have specific teams if you want to efficient. Like if you were hunting puddings physical types aren't going to well, and there is a hunt where you mostly fight spear users. IIRC puppets seem to be a bit more resistant to magic than physical or maybe they just are stronger against dark, since Zerro is my main magic user. I also have a leveling team, if I see metal hunt it up, I go in with 4 characters, usually 3 lowbies and 1 high level character and it works pretty well when leveling my new characters since I can manage to kill at least something every turn.

Hige

It boosts magic attack for fire elemental allies by 5%. Do you have Nakupi? Since those skills are available on the first job you can just click the question mark next to the ability name in his menu. I have Samupi who has similar skills and it seems really niche until endgame when you have a larger character pool.

meow

edit: HAHA just posted that same thing. oops!

Oh oops, I actually don't have that, I only have the lvl 15 ability unlocked. My guess is that it does count as an elemental attack. The reason he wouldn't have a element designation on him is because he can use both ice and fire, maybe?
Somehow I just realized it tells you what they do if you click on the question marks on the character page. The lvl 15 boosts allies defense, the lvl 65 boosts magic attack of allies of that element. That seems kinda meh.

Visceir

edit: HAHA just posted that same thing. oops!

Somehow I just realized it tells you what they do if you click on the question marks on the character page. The lvl 15 boosts allies defense, the lvl 65 boosts magic attack of allies of that element. That seems kinda meh.

Protip: you can view all that information during battle too if you press and hold a character. Works on monsters too. Comes handy during boss battles so you know what you're up against.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
This has been a learning experience.

TheMoreYouKnowLogo.jpg

It's too bad Nakupi doesn't seem worth grinding all the way out then.

Visceir

Re-leveling second/third jobs from lvl 1 takes a lot of stamina and makes you think twice about how far along you want to get the character in each job.

I might keep Amina's second job at just lvl 15 and try to make her go straight third job after that while Zuzu's second job lvl 65+ skill seems worth it to get him all the way there.

Re-leveling second/third jobs from lvl 1 takes a lot of stamina and makes you think twice about how far along you want to get the character in each job.

I might keep Amina's second job at just lvl 15 and try to make her go straight third job after that while Zuzu's second job lvl 65+ skill seems worth it to get him all the way there.

i think keeping a job at certain levels to do the special zones would be an excellent idea. im thinking of keeping a couple of aoe chars at lv 19 for one of their jobs with the skills from the other 2 if they fancy me.

Visceir

i think keeping a job at certain levels to do the special zones would be an excellent idea. im thinking of keeping a couple of aoe chars at lv 19 for one of their jobs with the skills from the other 2 if they fancy me.

I don't really see the point. In Metal zones it obviously doesn't matter as the sole purpose is to get exp and having a lower level character for hunts doesn't make much sense either as it hasn't been proven that being outside the level range actually lowers drops...and you always get higher level(better) hunting zones as you progress on with the story chapters and level up.

I honestly wouldn't even bother with hunting zone 1 as the drops in hunting zone 2 are way better. You're better off just advancing the story until you open those up.

I don't really see the point. In Metal zones it obviously doesn't matter as the sole purpose is to get exp and having a lower level character for hunts doesn't make much sense either as it hasn't been proven that being outside the level range actually lowers drops...and you always get higher level(better) hunting zones as you progress on with the story chapters and level up.

I honestly wouldn't even bother with hunting zone 1 as the drops in hunting zone 2 are way better. You're better off just advancing the story until you open those up.

y u gotta douse my ambitions mang? ;-; i need an excuse not to grind all these mofos beyond 20 3 times!

EDIT: ive gotten a wyvern 4 goddamn times. mobs should get a higher boost % when duplicate or have it raised to get to 100% sooner cause this shit is ridiculous

putermcgee

Dammit just got Zenzoze again with my 5 energy.

This is the second time this happened too -_-
Maybe it's because I'm pretty happy with the characters I have, but I get psyched when I get a dupe because it's such a nice skill boost for a character I already use.

It looks like Camellia the Pleasure Seeker sought pleasure in some seedy area of town and ended up with mouth herpes.

Hubb

Maybe it's because I'm pretty happy with the characters I have, but I get psyched when I get a dupe because it's such a nice skill boost for a character I already use.

The skill boost is pretty small for the 5 energy you spend. It actually is a reason not to spend money for me. I wouldn't be happy if I bought energy and the got a double as one of my rolls.

EDIT: wrong roll

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm enjoying Terra Battle. My first picks were Suoh the Sellsword and Ra'prow the Beat Master. The music reminds of "The World Ends with You".

suoh.png

Suoh the Sellsword

Raprow.png

Ra'prow the Beat Master

They've made the fights much faster. The gifts have been real nice.

The skill boost is pretty small for the 5 energy you spend. It actually is a reason not to spend money for me. I wouldn't be happy if I bought energy and the got a double as one of my roles.

yeah, if it was an exponential increase in boost for every dupe i wouldnt mind. but a measly 5% everytime when it costs relatively a lot per character is a kick in the gonads.

bon

I got Eileen today. Is she useful?

My current setup is
2 swords
1 spear
1 bow
1 healer
1 offensive mage

I guess I could replace one of my sword characters with her, but I'm not sure if using 3 mage type characters is a good idea.

Neol

yeah, if it was an exponential increase in boost for every dupe i wouldnt mind. but a measly 5% everytime when it costs relatively a lot per character is a kick in the gonads.

Seriously. That and the fact there are 20+ different characters that I could've gotten but ended up with a dupe.

Got to pray to RNGesus more.

I got Eileen today. Is she useful?

My current setup is
2 swords
1 spear
1 bow
1 healer
1 offensive mage

I guess I could replace one of my sword characters with her, but I'm not sure if using 3 mage type characters is a good idea.

She's alright early on. Lullaby helps with metal zone and generally putting areas of enemies asleep. She really shines tho when she gets her 2nd job and gets access to levitation when you have to deal with bullshit hazard stages.

Paltros

You'll want her at at least level 20 actually, skill slots unlock when you get a job to level 20.

Top Bottom