• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Is anyone actually following the story?

Chapter 15+
I'm not quite sure if the whole planet/world was in the spaceship or did they make the world explode as they launched the Maker into space...the same world they were trying to save...

Edit: supposedly the Bahamut event will have staff/fire and staff/neutral type monsters. Guess I'll be well prepared with my 2 ice mages.

Alex

Strange feeling when your favorite game of the year so far is a F2P mobile title.

Well, tied with Divinity: OS.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Strange feeling when your favorite game of the year so far is a F2P mobile title.

I had a similar feeling, but thankfully Evil Within spared me the shame of having an F2P mobile title at the top of my current GOTY list.
Still need to get around to playing Divinity though.

So playing this on Chapter 5 a moment ago, I ended up in a stalemate with two slug type enemies that just sat in the bottom right corner with no way for me to manoeuvre my units either side of them. Not sure how well thought out this battle system is to be honest...and I was enjoying it up until then too. :(

you can attack enemies in corner by putting 2 characters in the horizontal and vertical adjacent like this:

o o o o e x
o o o o o e

x: Enemy
e: character

now if you meant that the 2 slugs were immobile cause they werent moving that was either a glitch or more likely they couldnt move because of the way you had you characters setup prevented them from moving.

Hige

you can attack enemies in corner by putting 2 characters in the horizontal and vertical adjacent like this:

o o o o e x
o o o o o e

x: Enemy
e: character

now if you meant that the 2 slugs were immobile cause they werent moving that was either a glitch or more likely they couldnt move because of the way you had you characters setup prevented them from moving.
He probably means there were two enemies right next to each other with one in the corner of the map. You can only attack an enemy in the corner if there's only one enemy. If there's another enemy adjacent to the one in the corner you can't attack them which gets annoying. He should be able to move his characters away from the edge and the enemies will chase after him, though.

Aexact

Just started and used my two free rolls.

aJjsP3c.png
rD6TOxG.png

Woo, SS rank!
... After playing around, it appears these two characters are defensive types? Kem is super self-sufficient with his self heal and Sheena looks like she's getting support abilities in the future. They're swell and all but it'd be nice to roll someone that does a bunch of damage, barely taking enemies out even when I chain everyone.

Never played Puzzle and Dragons before so I'm getting used to pushing my units around. Man, those first few battles, I was just setting up embarrassing vanilla pincers. Tried the Metal Zone twice and 50% of the enemies are still getting away but I'm figuring it out.

lost my first battle.

yo fuck 7-10.

lava pits, 2 boss mobs and they can attack twice per turn and cross entire vertical lines?

the icing on the cake is that i got a 3rd kuscah for 5 energy too. like his skill didnt activate anyways constantly

Neol

Woo, SS rank!
... After playing around, it appears these two characters are defensive types? Kem is super self-sufficient with his self heal and Sheena looks like she's getting support abilities in the future. They're swell and all but it'd be nice to roll someone that does a bunch of damage, barely taking enemies out even when I chain everyone.

Never played Puzzle and Dragons before so I'm getting used to pushing my units around. Man, those first few battles, I was just setting up embarrassing vanilla pincers. Tried the Metal Zone twice and 50% of the enemies are still getting away but I'm figuring it out.

Pretty good rolls and if you got grace as a starter your in good shape. Sheena actually is a pretty offensive non-elemental type character so definitely keep using her. Kem is alright, primarily a tank char though so hopefully you'll get an elemental spear user later on. That or the OP mages.

lost my first battle.

yo fuck 7-10.

lava pits, 2 boss mobs and they can attack twice per turn and cross entire vertical lines?

the icing on the cake is that i got a 3rd kuscah for 5 energy too. like his skill didnt activate anyways constantly

Took me 3 tries to beat this one. Had to just quickly kill one of them with the hope I still have kuscah alive to heal hazard dmg.

Apparantly chap 18 is the stage hazard death chapter I'm hoping for a levitation char by then.

Woo, SS rank!

A spearman with a Heal skill!?

I am beyond jealous at this moment.

Nikokuno

lost my first battle.

yo fuck 7-10.

Haha lost half of my party in this battle at morning, going all out in sacrifice mode >.> one more turn and only one character alive ^.^

Nishastra

Banned
lost my first battle.

yo fuck 7-10.

Yeah, this one kicked my ass the first time. They always stay behind the lava and can breathe at you if you get close to them.

I dealt with it by getting my units behind the lava before they spawned so I could just attack them immediately and never have to try to get two people through lava in one turn, which is just asking for death.

Anfang

Hack, tip, exploit (not sure what to cal it)

Ok so we all know the hunting zones are based by days of the week. So what you might not have known is that it goes off of your systems clock. So if you switch your time to japans time it gives you access to what they currently have. Basically this extends your hunting time on a particular zone if you need it nothing more and only works with us time and japan time.

So to recap close program completely > change system time > restart program and voila.

Visceir

Beat Chapter 18 and advanced my A'merpact to second job.
job2-507827c60538e9fd5ee990242b715ffd.jpg

Trying to farm a Mantledrake for myself in 7-10 right now, it's kinda fun to return back to those early areas and pretty much just one-shot everything. Makes you realize how much stronger your characters have gotten

I hate this game, mostly because I want a few SS toons and I keep reaching for my credit card and at the last moment make some dumb reason like " I will buy it next week".

Visceir

I hate this game, mostly because I want a few SS toons and I keep reaching for my credit card and at the last moment make some dumb reason like " I will buy it next week".

I bought the 10$ energy pack early on. Not to just do some rolls at once, but to just have enough energy so I could roll a new toon every day with the login bonuses/chapter completions. Definitely made the game more fun/enjoyable.

Although I imagine, if you'd just get duplicates or useless B rank characters then it'd be a serious bummer, haha.

Don't think I'll be spending more anytime soon.

Oddly enough I've been enjoying this more than anything else I've played this year as well.

I bought the 10$ energy pack early on. Not to just do some rolls at once, but to just have enough energy so I could roll a new toon every day with the login bonuses/chapter completions. Definitely made the game more fun/enjoyable.

Although I imagine, if you'd just get duplicates or useless B rank characters then it'd be a serious bummer, haha.

Don't think I'll be spending more anytime soon.

Oddly enough I've been enjoying this more than anything else I've played this year as well.

I have gugba (SS) and a few A(s), but I need a named spear user.

Even with my whining about spending money, I am extremely enjoying this game. it might be my game for the year assuming DA:I doesnt totally suck.

I find myself playing even at work, like right now.

Visceir

Even with my whining about spending money, I am extremely enjoying this game. it might be my game for the year assuming DA:I doesnt totally suck.

I find myself playing even at work, like right now.

I was kinda hoping to get a second different element AoE mage and someone like Gatz, would have had my perfect team together. Currently the characters I have that I consider usable are

Piz'fer SS ice/AoE mage
A'merpact SS ice/AoE mage
Amina SS healer mage
Kuscah B healer mage
Zuzu S high normal dps/sword
Kem S tank/spear
Grace B dps/archer
Metupí A dps/archer
U'nasag B spear ice/dps/magic (only considering him because of the upcoming Bahamut dungeon)

Still trying to get Mantledrake to have a different element AoE spell caster and more ammonition for metal/hunting zone.

I got a few other named characters that I don't see any use for.

I imagine most of this week's stamina will be spent on farming materials for job changes, then gold for job changes and then metal zone for exp. Don't want to continue with the story until I have a decent party consisting of job3 characters together.

Does anyone know any good maps where I can farm coin/gold?

I wouldn't really want to wait until the weekend with the job changes, that's why I'm asking.

Think I need like 40 - 50 k gold at least, sigh.

Yea, you pretty much have to wait till the weekend to make bank. That's why I stop progressing the story on tuesday-thursday and sat-sun. Those days are for grinding, which is fun, for some odd reason with this game.

Aexact

Pretty good rolls and if you got grace as a starter your in good shape. Sheena actually is a pretty offensive non-elemental type character so definitely keep using her. Kem is alright, primarily a tank char though so hopefully you'll get an elemental spear user later on. That or the OP mages.
=(
Rolled Bahl instead, she hasn't gained a fraction of a percent of skill activation since I got her, haha. Guess that's what happens when your activation skill is Counterattack. Definitely hoping for a proper archer though! And an elemental spear user, I suppose that's what these elemental rings that say they upgrade elements are for. Feels encouragingly daunting.

A spearman with a Heal skill!?

I am beyond jealous at this moment.
Oh man, I was getting all cozy and thinking I knew what I was doing and then bam, 4-3 Sabertooth King nearly wipes me. Ended up with extremely sketchy tactics when everyone but Kem and Kusch died.

Flanked the Sabertooth King with Kem and Kusch, each healing themselves to full after the Sabertooth's column attacks, just made a small loop and moved them back to their original positions each turn. Disrespectful tactics but even the dead get EXP.

Def need more practice.

Burt

Yea, you pretty much have to wait till the weekend to make bank. That's why I stop progressing the story on tuesday-thursday and sat-sun. Those days are for grinding, which is fun, for some odd reason with this game.
Because the core game is a ton of fun, as opposed to the usual notion of grinding where you repeat a boring activity ad nauseam :)

Even if you stripped away all of the meta and progression elements of the game and just left the battle system, it'd still be a really solid experience, on par with almost any of the match 3/tile shuffling games available on mobile. It'd still be my bathroom game.

Uthred

Finally had Gae Bolg drop on 8-10 and got my first character to their third job

Is anyone actually following the story?

Chapter 15+
I'm not quite sure if the whole planet/world was in the spaceship or did they make the world explode as they launched the Maker into space...the same world they were trying to save...

Edit: supposedly the Bahamut event will have staff/fire and staff/neutral type monsters. Guess I'll be well prepared with my 2 ice mages.

It wasnt super clear but it seems that the maker is a giant ship which formed the core of the world/was the real world and the actual planet part was waste product from the maker, when Perope re-energised it the ship discarded that waste material and set off into space? Though it implies/states that everyone on the world seems to be inside the ship. It does state that your initial quest to save the world from destruction was successful (despite the planet exploding in the background) Either that or your party is made up of sociopaths

Visceir

It wasnt super clear but it seems that the maker is a giant ship which formed the core of the world/was the real world and the actual planet part was waste product from the maker, when Perope re-energised it the ship discarded that waste material and set off into space? Though it implies/states that everyone on the world seems to be inside the ship. It does state that your initial quest to save the world from destruction was successful (despite the planet exploding in the background) Either that or your party is made up of sociopaths

So if The maker is so vast and huge that it can fit the whole world then how come the enemies could locate you so easily and your party is the only one fighting them, doesn't really make sense...at all, haha.

Because the core game is a ton of fun, as opposed to the usual notion of grinding where you repeat a boring activity ad nauseam :)

Even if you stripped away all of the meta and progression elements of the game and just left the battle system, it'd still be a really solid experience, on par with almost any of the match 3/tile shuffling games available on mobile. It'd still be my bathroom game.

The Dark Souls of puzzle games! (only half serious)

I did find some parallels between the Dark Souls bosses and the ones in Terra Battle, but I suppose those are common tropes in games (2 bosses mutually reviving eachother)

Uthred

So if The maker is so vast and huge that it can fit the whole world then how come the enemies could locate you so easily and your party is the only one fighting them, doesn't really make sense...at all, haha.

Because most people were living on hull/outer layer, your party could be located so easily because it was pushing into restricted areas, also for the first few chapters your party was explicitly showing up and going "HEY HEY WE WANT THE MAKER!" and other normal folk were trying to beat the shit out of them for various reasons ;) But yeah, it doesnt make a lot of sense, you can sort of half justify it but its full of holes

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
11-10 is where I am now stuck.

That being said it would be nice if I could level up my SS healer to a level closer to the rest of my party. I think if that happened I could beat this as I was within a turn before.

Visceir

11-10 is where I am now stuck.

That being said it would be nice if I could level up my SS healer to a level closer to the rest of my party. I think if that happened I could beat this as I was within a turn before.

Did you figure out the boss gimmick?
it always goes for the power point and that allows it to deal massive damage to your party, get the points first

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Did you figure out the boss gimmick?
it always goes for the power point and that allows it to deal massive damage to your party, get the points first

Yes that hasn't been my issue so much as my healer is like 8 levels bellow the rest of my party.

Healer is 25 rest of my party 33.

zulux21

Can someone explain better to me than the game did how you "push" characters before I get to a chapter without knowing and it kills me?

If you are having issues grasping the push gameplay, I would recommend downloading Puzzles and Dragons and playing that for a bit as that is great practice for the push gameplay. All you would have to do after that is adjust to make sure that you are lining up your characters correctly for attacks instead of match 3s.

Hack, tip, exploit (not sure what to cal it)

Ok so we all know the hunting zones are based by days of the week. So what you might not have known is that it goes off of your systems clock. So if you switch your time to japans time it gives you access to what they currently have. Basically this extends your hunting time on a particular zone if you need it nothing more and only works with us time and japan time.

So to recap close program completely > change system time > restart program and voila.

all of the above!

forgrim

i was taking story mode slowly til i found out about this 'compensation' that is coming. i'm on 13-1. time to get to 14-4 quickly and farm away

zulux21

i was taking story mode slowly til i found out about this 'compensation' that is coming. i'm on 13-1. time to get to 14-4 quickly and farm away

I won't be able to get there in time as I am just on chapter 7 (work keeps getting in the way... and hyrule warriors beyond that :p)

Uthred

It seems that the extra skill slots beyond the basic four are shared between jobs e.g. if you have two unlocked from your first job and you unlock the second job you will still have two unlocked.

Neol

totally missed what this is. pleas explain kind sir.

I'm assuming there talking about the compensation you get for owning regnercell since there nerfing him tomorrow. 14-4 is where you can recruit him so farm away and hope your lucky.

It seems that the extra skill slots beyond the basic four are shared between jobs e.g. if you have two unlocked from your first job and you unlock the second job you will still have two unlocked.

Yup. Besides the extra slot you have automatically in the beginning, each extra skill slot is obtained when your character reaches 20. This applies to each job totaling in 3 in total which is why its advisable to at least lvl up each job to 20.

Aexact

Yup. Besides the extra slot you have automatically in the beginning, each extra skill slot is obtained when your character reaches 20. This applies to each job totaling in 3 in total which is why its advisable to at least lvl up each job to 20.
Not that I'm close to opening up new jobs but I see that some skills don't unlock until lvl 65, which seems pretty far off. If you change before lvl 65, what happens? You don't get the new skills from the old job class ever? After using the resources, can you freely switch back? Is it Pokemon style and you have to forget some skills to make room?

Saprol

Not that I'm close to opening up new jobs but I see that some skills don't unlock until lvl 65, which seems pretty far off. If you change before lvl 65, what happens? You don't get the new skills from the old job class ever? After using the resources, can you freely switch back? Is it Pokemon style and you have to forget some skills to make room?

You can change between jobs whenever at party formation.

holy shit 16-10, first boss i'm stuck at.
I figured out how to dodge the energy cross but I can't tell if there's a pattern to dodge the bludgeons after he does the critical drain.

EDIT: Listening to Decisive Battle while trying to figure this guy out makes me rage less lol

EDIT: omg I didn't realize he did damage to himself when he does the energy cross, what a gimmicky boss haha

Zorbane

Neo Member

You still have access to all jobs that you've unlocked. The way it works is that each jobs will have their own unique stats and skills but can "borrow" a few skills from the other unlocked jobs.

A good example is Amimari: http://www.terrabattlex.com/characters/amimari

She has two jobs where she's a healer and one when she's a sword, and as you can see the stats are leaning to their weapon type (more atk for sword, more matk for healer).

Lets say you've unlocked all three and pick the 3rd job as her current type, you can pick some of the offensive skills from Job 2 to give her a bit more firepower (or vice versa add healing)

Top Bottom