• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Need team advice. I have the following characters:

Lewto
Koko
Bahamut
Samupi
Burbaba
Ethereal
Nakupi
R'zonand
Ma'curi
Grace
Amazora
Ba'gunar
Kuscah
Opari

I normally run Lewto, Bahamut, Samupi, Grace, Kuscah, Burbaba. I just got Koko. Who should I drop? I'd rather not drop Bahamut since he takes a while to level and assume he's going to be good once his items are released. I'm thinking I drop Grace and just run without a Bow?

Neol

Since you already have a SS mage and its fire as well, I don't really see the need in running bahamut.

If you want to stick with him tho then I guess grace would be the choice out. Samupi turns into bow class at job 2 and burbaba as well in job 3 so that will fill the need for a bow class later on if needed.

Also noticed you have Ma'curi. He's a pretty good spear character and will deal a lot of dmg throughout the whole game near S-SS levels of dmg. You could replace Burbaba or Samupi with him but since you have Koko its up to you if you want multiple spear users or not.

Soulflarz

Banned
so in 14-4
I find it really stupd that the boss tries mass attacking us if we take too long, because I heal way quicker than he hurts me. Whats the point.

putermcgee

So thought I'd try this again as all my friends are playing it and my first four rolls were garbage.

Why oh why is the tutorial so long? Feels long, even if it's not.
What were your first rolls? I feel like a lot of people put too much emphasis on starting with S or SS characters, but it's simply not necessary at all. It doesn't matter if you're planning on playing only for free, or spending a boatload of cash.

Since you already have a SS mage and its fire as well, I don't really see the need in running bahamut.

If you want to stick with him tho then I guess grace would be the choice out. Samupi turns into bow class at job 2 and burbaba as well in job 3 so that will fill the need for a bow class later on if needed.

Also noticed you have Ma'curi. He's a pretty good spear character and will deal a lot of dmg throughout the whole game near S-SS levels of dmg. You could replace Burbaba or Samupi with him but since you have Koko its up to you if you want multiple spear users or not.

Yeah I noticed how crazy his attack stat is at max level. I just figured A, S, and SS characters must have something to make them better than B.

With your advice then I think I go: Lewto Koko Bahamut Buraba Ma'curi Kuscah.

Neol

Yeah I noticed how crazy his attack stat is at max level. I just figured A, S, and SS characters must have something to make them better than B.

He honestly feels like a S class charater. I have him and his dmg output is ridiculous. Definitely doesn't deserve to be in his tier.

Party sounds good :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

Samupi ain't no slouch. He's a good 4 levels lower than most of the rest of my main party and is still #1 in raw attack power.

Hige

I'd get rid of Bahamut for someone else, probably Grace. It takes too long to level and only has one attack skill until level 65 on its first and only available job right now. Plus you already have fire element covered with Lewto who is way more useful. If you really want a second mage you're better off with the almighty Mantledrake IMO.

I just realized the higher metal zones let you level your 20+ characters. Bahamut out, Samupi back in. Running three spear characters now...

Neo Dark

"Briefly describe how your team works."

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I kept re-rolling until I got S and SS rank classes and then I just slapped these guys in there cause they're the best right? And after that, whatever high rank recruit I get, I put them in and take out the lower losers"

SirKhalid

Neo Bahamut Coming Soon!

On 10/31/14, prepare yourself for a special Bahamut evolution event! This is a level 35 quest, so level up now to face these daunting Neo Bahamut battles!

<Bahamut Evolution>
Collect Bahamut's special 2nd job item, "Caladbolg," from Neo Bahamut!
*Note*
*Caladbolg drops are determined by in-game rates.
*The start time is 7 a.m. UTC.

anaron

Neo Bahamut Coming Soon!

On 10/31/14, prepare yourself for a special Bahamut evolution event! This is a level 35 quest, so level up now to face these daunting Neo Bahamut battles!

<Bahamut Evolution>
Collect Bahamut's special 2nd job item, "Caladbolg," from Neo Bahamut!
*Note*
*Caladbolg drops are determined by in-game rates.
*The start time is 7 a.m. UTC.

haha I love that Sakaguchi is straight up using his OG Bahamuts <3

Visceir

Leveling B rank character in metal zone, went from lvl 1 to lvl 17 first time around, went from lvl 17 to 26 second time around. I could get used to this.

linkent

Wow if this one is lvl 35, wonder how high is the next one.
This kind of limited timed event should not have high requirement.
New player wont be able to get job change without the mats anyway.

Neo Dark

Yeah.. I don't like how the job change item is only available for a limited time. Level 35 is doable for me but not so sure for the next one plus the drop rate from the first part sucked for some people.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Wow if this one is lvl 35, wonder how high is the next one.
This kind of limited timed event should not have high requirement.
New player wont be able to get job change without the mats anyway.
With a team just north of level 30 I think I'll do fine but I need to get on with the main story to prepare for the second Bahamut event since it'll likely come the weekend after that and will have a lvl > 40.

Ephidel

I presume there's a metal zone lv2, as I've now outlevelled lv1. How do I get to it? Do I have to get to a certain stage in the story first?
My characters are all around lv22 at the moment, so unless there is one I presume I won't stand a chance when Bahamut Stage 2 arrives.

Mistouze

I presume there's a metal zone lv2, as I've now outlevelled lv1. How do I get to it? Do I have to get to a certain stage in the story first?
My characters are all around lv22 at the moment, so unless there is one I presume I won't stand a chance when Bahamut Stage 2 arrives.
It opens up once you have completed chapter 9 of the story. Let's you level your characters up to lvl 30.

Some Nobody

Beat chapter 8. It opens up alongside chapter 9. However Metal Zone Level 2 maxes out at level 30, so the level 35 Bahamut Stage 2 is going to give us both some problems. :-/

Yeah, you unlock it once you clear Chapter
if I remember correctly. I really could use a Metal Zone 4 right about now...

Ephidel

Cheers for the info.
I'm halfway through Chapter 6 at the moment so that might be doable. I guess I'll have to give it a go.

linkent

so after 10 days of consecutive log in, there is no more energy? got 1500 on 11th and 3000 on 12th..
seems like no way to get energy other than spending money or clearing 1 level (1energy + refill)

what happen if i purposely miss a day, will i reset the login bonus?

also any1 with 2 devices that can play this on 1 and continue or another? or if i login with my other device, the current one will be deleted?

Neo Dark

so after 10 days of consecutive log in, there is no more energy? got 1500 on 11th and 3000 on 12th..
seems like no way to get energy other than spending money or clearing 1 level (1energy + refill)

what happen if i purposely miss a day, will i reset the login bonus?

also any1 with 2 devices that can play this on 1 and continue or another? or if i login with my other device, the current one will be deleted?

No, no and no. After first 10 logins, you only get energy as gifts or from chapter completion. Missing a day won't reset login bonus. Only the consecutive one which doesn't give energy. And if you change devices, you're logged out the previous device and need to input the info again to connect to it again.. Which then disconnects you on your other device

Ryuukan

No, no and no. After first 10 logins, you only get energy as gifts or from chapter completion. Missing a day won't reset login bonus. Only the consecutive one which doesn't give energy. And if you change devices, you're logged out the previous device and need to input the info again to connect to it again.. Which then disconnects you on your other device

Not true, you get 2 energy on the 5th consecutive day and 3 energy on the 8th, then it resets

meow

That's not true...you get energy on the 5th and 8th consecutive logins.
http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Login_Bonus

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's spear!? I totally missed that! How are you liking her overall? I have a few too many ranged characters right now, and she doesn't seem to have high survivability.
She's okay to me. I just unlocked Negotiator Pro, so that will be useful. Once I get her control time, she'll be more useful. My issue with her is her lack of offensive variability in terms of skills.

HAttyboy

Posted this about 12 hours ago, I'll repost it now for the other half of the world.

===

For those who still don't have the game in their Google Play store -

• Go here and download the .apk and the .obb.
  • You'll need an apk installer for your phone. I use one that's, neatly enough, called 'APK Installer'. Search the Play Store and install the program.
  • Connect your phone to your PC.
  • Transfer the .apk to a 'holding' folder on your phone (I dumped it in <Download>).
  • Go to Android/Obb and create a new folder called 'com.mistwalker.guardians'. Transfer the obb. file into this. (If you intend to install the game on an SD card instead of main memory, I think you use the folder SD/Android/Obb..? Don't know. I don't have an SD card on my phone, so not sure how it presents itself.
  • Open your APK Installer, navigate to wherever you're holding the apk. and install.

This worked for me in Sweden (unavailable) and I've been happily playing since launch day.

Two things to note:
  1. I'm not sure what will happen when the game has a version update, but I'm assuming it'll either be a case of finding just the new .apk and reinstalling, or perhaps you'll need the obb. also. Shouldn't be a problem though, I go through a similar process updating my Puzzle&Dragons. Been playing that for a year through at least half a dozen version updates (though doesn't have all the .obb crap). Don't hold me to any of this though.
  2. Once the game is officially released in your Google Play Store, I think you should be fine to install the game officially (important for the 2mil users goal!) and do a Data Transfer (in-game options) to carry your progress over. Again, I'm as unfamiliar with the process as you are, so try not to hate me if it turns out that things aren't this simple.
Do this still work for those who lives in Sweden? trying do get it to work, but I havent had any sucess yet....

Visceir

Do this still work for those who lives in Sweden? trying do get it to work, but I havent had any sucess yet....

There was a client update and you needed different apk/obb files. Toodles posted an updated post:

For Android users outside of the official regions

Version1.1.3, updated 21st Oct
I've uploaded the newest .apk and .obb to Mediafire.

My first time doing an update for Terra Battle so I wasn't sure how it would play out. Happily, everything seems nice and simple.

A new install and an update of a previous install is basically the same process.

• You'll need an app on your phone to install .apk files. I use one called 'APK Installer'.
  • Before you install (reinstall) the .apk, you need to add (replace) an .obb file to your phone. Go to: \Phone\Android\obb\ (note: if you're installing on an SD card, amend the file location appropriately)
  • Add a new folder inside \obb\ called 'com.mistwalkercorp.guardians'
  • Then place the .obb (or copy over the existing .obb) inside that folder.
  • Now open your APK Installer, navigate to the .apk file and install.

I'm updating and I didn't have to input any User IDs or whatever to keep my details. Once the update is complete, the game just booted straight up as normal.

Whenever (if ever :sadface: ) Mistwalker get around to adding the game officially to your region, my hope is that the process of transferring to the official version will be similarly simple. This is important for the sake of reaching the 2 million users goal, so do plan on 'upgrading' to the official release when/if you can. In the interests of good practice, do set up your device transfer details and save your User ID somewhere.

Does a mod want to replace the old install guide (with the old .apk and .obb) in the OP with this one?

just did something very weird.

i came to dainana with my p'izen diagonally from the bottom while doing a circular motion and PUSHED her diagonally UP away from the direction i approached her.

i effectively pushed her up diagonally into the position i wanted. this game is weird sometimes.

Hastati

just did something very weird.

i came to dainana with my p'izen diagonally from the bottom while doing a circular motion and PUSHED her diagonally UP away from the direction i approached her.

i effectively pushed her up diagonally into the position i wanted. this game is weird sometimes.

There are some definite quirks/bugs in the movement. I think it may depend on your phone (and if it is slowly dying like mine), but characters move arbitrarily or seemingly without contact at times.

You can also do the diagonal trick that's in PAD, sneaking units past each other at the point of intersection without actually moving anything at all (seems to only work if one of the two intersecting units is also your unit). This is very useful in certain tricky situations.

EDIT: Wait, is this by design? It isn't, right?

pZJSdEA.png

Mistouze

There are some definite quirks/bugs in the movement. I think it may depend on your phone (and if it is slowly dying like mine), but characters move arbitrarily or seemingly without contact at times.

You can also do the diagonal trick that's in PAD, sneaking units past each other at the point of intersection without actually moving anything at all (seems to only work if one of the two intersecting units is also your unit). This is very useful in certain tricky situations.
Basically, it feels like you can use diagonal movements just like horizontal and vertical movement. BUT the execution is a bit harder.

Visceir

Got 15 energy saved up, would love to just use them but I'd rather wait until the new characters are added. Hoping it'll happen this week.

probably just getting B-s and dupes again anyway

Note to self: do not play this game immediately after getting out of the shower. The screen's not able to detect your finger properly lol.

I was suddenly hit with the realization that this game bears some resemblance to Knights in the Nightmare. A huge cast of recruitable characters, a mix of turn-based and real-time systems, and a need to be quick and precise with your movements.

Hastati

Basically, it feels like you can use diagonal movements just like horizontal and vertical movement. BUT the execution is a bit harder.

Gotcha. Yeah, it only works some of the time, and then other times things go haywire. Especially when you "pull" a single unit across a large distance or at a weird angle, sometimes they end up exactly where you aim and other times they run away in terror.

Ulthwe

I did a bit of testing in the first Metal Zone and I'm going to answer my own question: never bring chars above the zone's level cap . They don't get the exp BUT count towards dividing the exp.

• If you bring two chars, exp gets evenly shared.
  • If you bring two chars and one is above the Metal Zone cap, the other one only gets half he exp.

dramatis

I did a bit of testing in the first Metal Zone and I'm going to answer my own question: never bring chars above the zone's level cap . They don't get the exp BUT count towards dividing the exp.

• If you bring two chars, exp gets evenly shared.
  • If you bring two chars and one is above the Metal Zone cap, the other one only gets half he exp.
You bring chars above the zone level cap to wipe enemies. The enemies would only be weakened but not defeated by low levels run away, so bringing a higher level member has the benefit of netting you more exp.

Top Bottom