• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Femmeworth
Miss Negativity
(Today, 04:46 PM)

(I completely agree though. Id paid $30 for deletion of stamina and an area to battle for energy. Which is saying something, seeing as I find energy priced way too high at the moment to buy ANY)

Eh, welcome to f2p games. At least they restore your stamina every 5 minutes instead of every 10 minutes like other games. And the requirements to enter levels are also much less than in other games. Overall I feel like the amount of time I can spend playing TB is at least 3x as much as I can with other f2p games like Brave Frontier or Puzzle and Dragons. In those games, once you get to the higher tiers of levels, it literally takes over 36 hours to restore a full stamina bar.

Visceir

I've come to terms with the lack of stamina. Seems like your max stamina is always just about enough to get through half a chapter. It's not ideal, but it's still bearable. It would be neat to get to the point where I wouldn't need/want any more new characters and could just spend the energy on stamina refills.

Speaking of -- what's everyone's most desired character? I've been hesitant to roll for new characters because the chance of getting something I truly want is so slim.

I'd be happy with Yukken, Samatha, Gats or one of the SS mages.

Almost have 15 energy saved up already. Hope they'll have the new bonus character implemented by the time we get to 1 mil downloads next week.

Even if Bahamut Descended goes away tomorrow, I'm expecting it to come back alongside part 2, and again with 3.

Might even stay permanent at that point.

Soulflarz

Banned
*gets destroyed by a boss*
*is tapping screen fast to get to next menu*
*clicks yes on revive*
NOOOO COME BACK ENERGY

Edit: Rolled and got a girl called Eileen? She any good?

Neol

*clicks yes on revive*
NOOOO COME BACK ENERGY

She has levitation at job 2 so pretty necessary for chap 18. Her lullaby skill is also pretty good for metal farm.

putermcgee

*clicks yes on revive*
NOOOO COME BACK ENERGY

Yeah, her skills are awesome.

I just pulled a Kana, who is also an A Class remedy character. I'm definitely happy since it's my first remedy user, but I think I'd prefer Eileen.

Soulflarz

Banned
So okay, Ill put her in a secondary squad that I'll only use for metal zone

So is 4 attackers, Eileen, and Kuscah enough? Ive used 5+kuscah the entire time

So okay, Ill put her in a secondary squad that I'll only use for metal zone

So is 4 attackers, Eileen, and Kuscah enough? Ive used 5+kuscah the entire time

If you don't need to level your healer, it's best to take him off the squad. You get more exp per character if there are less people in your squad. I found out that even if I get hit by the mages and have to fight the metal king, I can survive with just an offhealer I am leveling like Rikken, since for the most part the metal enemies aren't aggressive unless a metal king is around (which you can kill easily as long as you have 4 people, since you can double attack him with a 2x2 setup, that is after you kill the gorf which can heal it of course).

Soulflarz

Banned
If you don't need to level your healer, it's best to take him off the squad. You get more exp per character if there are less people in your squad. I found out that even if I get hit by the mages and have to fight the metal king, I can survive with just an offhealer I am leveling like Rikken, since for the most part the metal enemies aren't aggressive unless a metal king is around.

WAIT EXP IS DIVIDED?!

What, I mean....Seriously, I had no clue on this?

Eh, welcome to f2p games. At least they restore your stamina every 5 minutes instead of every 10 minutes like other games. And the requirements to enter levels are also much less than in other games. Overall I feel like the amount of time I can spend playing TB is at least 3x as much as I can with other f2p games like Brave Frontier or Puzzle and Dragons. In those games, once you get to the higher tiers of levels, it literally takes over 36 hours to restore a full stamina bar.
That really shows how badly the model is being implemented in the market, and yet they get rewarded for it. The best game I have found that handles stamina (in a less overt way) is Puzzle Craft.
If you don't need to level your healer, it's best to take him off the squad. You get more exp per character if there are less people in your squad. I found out that even if I get hit by the mages and have to fight the metal king, I can survive with just an offhealer I am leveling like Rikken, since for the most part the metal enemies aren't aggressive unless a metal king is around (which you can kill easily as long as you have 4 people, since you can double attack him with a 2x2 setup, that is after you kill the gorf which can heal it of course).
Speaking of this, a glitch(?) in the game I have found is that some positions on a squad can't be removed once you put a unit in them.

WAIT EXP IS DIVIDED?!

What, I mean....Seriously, I had no clue on this?

yea it is, it is pretty easy to level low level characters on lesser metal hunts if you do something like a 3-4 man squad, with one of them being with competent aoe. I've been grinding a lot of my characters to at least 35 to unlock their 3rd skill for all their unlocked classes I have this way.

Speaking of this, a glitch(?) in the game I have found is that some positions on a squad can't be removed once you put a unit in them.

Are you talking about the first or second position? You can't remove them, you have to have someone in those spots but you can remove 3-6. It's because it's their way of always having 2 people on a team at all times. Unless of course something is wrong with the 3-6 position, that would be messed up.

That really shows how badly the model is being implemented in the market, and yet they get rewarded for it. The best game I have found that handles stamina (in a less overt way) is Puzzle Craft.

Position 1 and 2 are required positions since having 1 unit left is game over. Position 3-6 are optional.

Visceir

yea it is, it is pretty easy to level low level characters on lesser metal hunts if you do something like a 3-4 man squad, with one of them being with competent aoe. I've been grinding a lot of my characters to at least 35 to unlock their 3rd skill for all their unlocked classes I have this way.

Just got done leveling up my squad's job3-s in metal zone. Still need to get Piz'fer's job2 to lvl 35 for glacier (will probably do that with just 2 characters in metal zone) but otherwise I'm somewhat set. Next chapter is all fire enemies, so I'm looking forward to just never really taking damage and destroying everything in my path.

pb2YCsZ.png

Are you talking about the first or second position? You can't remove them, you have to have someone in those spots but you can remove 3-6. It's because it's their way of always having 2 people on a team at all times. Unless of course something is wrong with the 3-6 position, that would be messed up.
Position 1 and 2 are required positions since having 1 unit left is game over. Position 3-6 are optional.
Hmm, maybe it was the second position I was trying to empty. I'll keep that in mind if it happens again. I can't seem to recreate it at the moment.

Just got done leveling up my squad's job3-s in metal zone. Still need to get Piz'fer's job2 to lvl 35 for glacier (will probably do that with just 2 characters in metal zone) but otherwise I'm somewhat set. Next chapter is all fire enemies, so I'm looking forward to just never really taking damage and destroying everything in my path.

I wish I could get all my characters 3rd jobs (I only have 4 3rd jobs and 2 I don't even really plan to use), rngesus hasn't been kind to me, I can't get the rare weapons to drop, which makes the wait for the stamina more painful.

Riposte

Um... so I think I may be in an unwinnable situation? lol

Basically its these two enemies that create damaging spots and also use breath attacks. They also don't move. So they placed themselves so I can't flank them (and take a bunch of damage just approaching them). Also can't heal either. Basically they are like this:

Empty|Monster
Monster|Corner

(Just killed Bahamut too lol)

Aexact

Is there any way to remove someone from a party but not replace them with someone else? Just let the spot stay empty?

Yeah, so long as it's not slots 1 and 2, there will be a Remove option when you rearrange.

I have Bahamut but he levels slow and I have a Mantledrake already so until info on Caladbolg surfaces, he's a nice extra fire mage with potential to be better.
... I'm kinda afraid that Caladbolg is a unique event only item as I don't think I'm strong enough to get to the next Metal Zone leveling area yet. And I need to farm materials to get more jobs. Hope I'm prepared for whatever comes next!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, so long as it's not slots 1 and 2, there will be a Remove option when you rearrange.

I have Bahamut but he levels slow and I have a Mantledrake already so until info on Caladbolg surfaces, he's a nice extra fire mage with potential to be better.
... I'm kinda afraid that Caladbolg is a unique event only item as I don't think I'm strong enough to get to the next Metal Zone leveling area yet. And I need to farm materials to get more jobs. Hope I'm prepared for whatever comes next!
I wouldn't bother with 2nd jobs where you're at...

Can someone tell me where I can find monsters with paralysis/confusion skill?
I'm really having trouble with the metal zone, can't level up my characters at all

Or, is there an alternative to metal zone?

Negator

I'm really having trouble with the metal zone, can't level up my characters at all

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-conolidated-farmable-monster-list.220/

Mothbot has a 100% paralysis area 2 skill

Paralypede has two 30% paralyze skills (less useful)

Thanks for reminding me, I need to farm these monsters for later.

Edit: Damn it. I remember fighting Mothbot but have absolutely no idea where to find them.

zulux21

Tried Bahamut 3 times already, how long has it been taking to recruit him? Worth it?

took me 17 times...
best part is I have no plans of using him at this time since I have lewto... but my collect them all made me replay the event until I got him.

now I am playing the coin stuff over and over so I can to the money pact over and over to collect those all... I have one of them up to 25% skill boost already :p

speaking of skill boost I am assuming it works this way.

at 50% it increases the chances by 50% so a 30% chance move would now have a 45% chance to go off, is this correct?

Hige

took me 17 times...
best part is I have no plans of using him at this time since I have lewto... but my collect them all made me replay the event until I got him.

now I am playing the coin stuff over and over so I can to the money pact over and over to collect those all... I have one of them up to 25% skill boost already :p

speaking of skill boost I am assuming it works this way.

at 50% it increases the chances by 50% so a 30% chance move would now have a 45% chance to go off, is this correct?
Surprisingly, it's additive and not multiplicative, so a 30% move would actually have an 80% chance of triggering.

zulux21

Surprisingly, it's additive and not multiplicative, so a 30% move would actually have an 80% chance of triggering.

really... that is not remotely how I would expect that to work as it goes all the way up to 100% which makes like the last 20% really pointless as I can't think of any moves that trigger less than 20% of the time.

but hey I won't mind... my lewto is already up to a 7% or so skill boost so just 43% more and he will always do his fire move... that's fine by me :p

Hige

Speaking of -- what's everyone's most desired character? I've been hesitant to roll for new characters because the chance of getting something I truly want is so slim.

I'd be happy with Yukken, Samatha, Gats or one of the SS mages.
I really want some utility characters with unique abilities like Gatz (Treasure Hunter/Levitate), Gugba (Tremor), and Yukken/Rikken (Negotiator Pro).

Supposedly the SS rate is around 7%, so I'm not getting my hopes up. My last two pulls were dupes. :(

zulux21

I really want some utility characters with unique abilities like Gatz (Treasure Hunter/Levitate), Gugba (Tremor), and Yukken/Rikken (Negotiator Pro).

Supposedly the SS rate is around 7%, so I'm not getting my hopes up. My last two pulls were dupes. :(

I need someone like Gatz badly... I have like 30 charaters to my roster and none of them have levitate :(

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

My last 3 were dupes. :3
Worthless dupes.

Aexact

Levitation is supposed to be useful come Chap... 18 or so? Anyone do the chapter sans Levitation? Any advice? Sounds intimidating.

But yeah, Levitation would be ideal since I'm on Chapter 12, probably reach 18 sometime soon next week. The higher drop rate skill characters are also salivating and any of the AOE mages sound like fantastic replacements for my Mantledrake, who is doing a bang up job as it is for now.

Course, having a specific target out of slots is a losing proposition, heh.

putermcgee

Man, I would gladly drop $10 or $20 on this game if it meant taking away some of the f2p elements like stamina and energy.
How would you recruit party members, though? And I mean besides capturing monsters in battle.

If they didn't have a stamina meter, I too would pay something like $10. I already know I'll never buy and use energy to refill my stamina.

desverger

Man, I would gladly drop $10 or $20 on this game if it meant taking away some of the f2p elements like stamina and energy.

You would pay $10-$20 and then there are people who drop $300 to this just to buy energy to get a character they want :p

It's not tough to guess which is more profitable for the company.

But yeah, we get free games. yay!

Does level affect paralysis chance? My lvl20 mothbot didn't paralyze even once in metal zone 3.

For me the paralyze only really worked on the runners. I don't think I ever saw a normal metal monster paralyzed. Also runners get hit by ridiculous amounts of damage by magic, amazora hit it for 83000. I dunno if that is suppose to be normal to hit that high but it's kind of hilarious doing that amount of damage. Makes it pretty easy to farm if you have a mage with a column or row spell (which I don't yet sadly).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Bahamut question:
Is it possible for him to drop a second time for the 5% bonus?
Could you theoretically replay the last stage as soon as you beat the boss and see you didnt get the drop? (by letting a minion live and then quitting the game)

My gf is now at 20 times and still no drop.

chrono01

Bahamut question:
Is it possible for him to drop a second time for the 5% bonus?
Could you theoretically replay the last stage as soon as you beat the boss and see you didnt get the droo? (by letting a minion live and then quitting the game)

My gf is now at 20 times and still no drop.

Repeat drops only increase the Skill by 1%, and no level up. :(

Visceir

You'd possibly be better off getting mantledrake or some other AoE mage with high skill proc rate as it's somewhat doable to hit runners with AoE magic.

here's an example of someone clearing Metal Zone 2 with Mantledrake

It would have to be high enough level for the magic to clear the regular metal enemies and have a high enough skill proc % for it to always go off.

Mantledrake is something you could farm for the +5% skill rate btw.

Edit: Other than Bahamut we're also most likely going to get Odin and Leviathan sometimes in the future. All with 3 jobs.

Top Bottom