• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Ulthwe

You bring chars above the zone level cap to wipe enemies. The enemies would only be weakened but not defeated by low levels run away, so bringing a higher level member has the benefit of netting you more exp.
Yep, but I always brought 6 chars, even if some of them were above cap, 'cos I didn't know they also divided the exp, so it didn't pay off in the end.

The way I know nobody reads the story is because I haven't seen this posted yet

HD64iU2.jpg

If the Neo Bahamut event is goign to be a level 35 event, does that mean that the next one after that is goign to be a level 45 event? :( That would really fucking suck, it's pretty hard to get a level 45 group.

Visceir

If the Neo Bahamut event is goign to be a level 35 event, does that mean that the next one after that is goign to be a level 45 event? :( That would really fucking suck, it's pretty hard to get a level 45 group.

That level displays event/dungeon difficulty, not the required level. For example chapter 14 is lvl 34 difficulty and chapter 8 is lvl 19 difficulty. You could beat those stages with much lower levels, the same goes for bahamut event.

Finally got the 3 neccessary orichalcum to get Zuzu to job3 as well, not something I neccessarely needed as I much prefer the job2 lvl 65 skill to the job3 lvl 65 skill and will thus stick with job2, but it's still nice to have those extra lower level skills for him.

Would love to run metal zone a couple of times, but the king always shows up at the most inconvenient time for me. Not going to wake up in the middle of the night for that.

Aexact

Yo, I just got to chapter 13-8.
What the fuck, man, what the fuck !
I'm right about to do it what is it?!
Is it the guy who teleports your units off the field dang, it is that guy. Oh man on man.
You can avoid its attack completely. Just move your team out of its cross range when you know it's coming.
they will return after some turns. i concentrated to elimate his minions as fast as possible while keeping my distance from him, because of his area attack.

I'm struggling in Chapter 13 cause three of my main party, Bahl, Sheena and mandatory story lighting lizard are swords and the chapter is full of spears. I just drew an archer and dragging him into the frontlines despite him being level 25, makes an appreciable difference.

So about the dude that appears in 12-10 and disappear after one turn, should I do something about him?
If that's the guy who goes "so that's your answer" on the first turn and shows up to fight in the last battle, I think that's what's supposed to happen. I attacked him and he said that but my brother attacked a different enemy and he still ran away.

Urgh, I can probably limp my way across a level 35 event but I'm not going to be up to par for the last one ahhhh. =(

Holy crap those Facebook teams, everyone has so many SS ranks! What the hell!
The hell is this
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153292422257782&set=p.10153292422257782&type=1
The hell is this?!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152522761598667&set=p.10152522761598667&type=1

That, my friend, is known as a "whale"

The second one isn't too outrageous though. For example, I got SS and S from my tutorial rolls, then I pulled 2 more SS from login bonus rewards early on, and I paid $60 (basically the price I normally pay for a game), rolled about 10 times, and got 2 more SS during that. So it's not too crazy. Having them all at level 60ish with all 3 jobs unlocked though? That part is definitely crazy.

GeoGonzo

Okay, I finally see how to get out of this sticky situation, I only need to go theeeere, drag this other guy up, loop around, drag the drake down then loop back. It's going to be pretty close... Here... we... GO!

Aha

Good and now...

|_____Low battery______|
|_20% battery remaining_|
|___[___Dismiss___]___|

SON OF A BITCH!

I have gotten stuck in between mobs now like 4 times today. my character somehow gets in the adjacent diagonal space of a mob/rock and will stay stuck until time runs out.

also i have been clipping other character's corner and the game sends them flying to a random spot.

something is definitely new . but it might also be my phone wigging out

The diagonal movement is starting to get kind of annoying, I can see the use of it but more often times I get it accidentally than anything.
Wish there was a toggle option to make it completely grid based and 4 directional instead.

The diagonal movement is starting to get kind of annoying, I can see the use of it but more often times I get it accidentally than anything.
Wish there was a toggle option to make it completely grid based and 4 directional instead.

I actually wish that you could displace monsters with your movements, and that the touch range for diagnoal movement was lowered but that it was still possible (for strategic purposes, it can sometimes be useful if you're really trying for it)

Zorbane

Neo Member
I'd think that being able to push monsters would make the game too easy

ie. Put them all in a line and insta-kill everything in one attack

Ryuukan

I actually wish that you could displace monsters with your movements, and that the touch range for diagnoal movement was lowered but that it was still possible (for strategic purposes, it can sometimes be useful if you're really trying for it)

I'd think that being able to push monsters would make the game too easy

ie. Put them all in a line and insta-kill everything in one attack

Yes, this would destroy 90% of the difficulty of the game

Neol

Ugh, trying to get a Flame of Indra for Koko for her third job and holy drop rate.

Hopefully it doesn't take me this many tries to get Bahamut's Caladbolg :/

Yes, this would destroy 90% of the difficulty of the game

It's not like you have infinite time. I'm not convinced it would make it that much easier as a result. And if it did, they could lower the time by a second or two to compensate. Mostly I just feel like it would make the movement much smoother. It's really aggravating hitting an enemy and it screwing up your flow.

Another improvement they could do is make it when your finger goes off the board on the bottom, it could still move you horizontally but keep you pinned to the bottom row, or similarly for the other edges.

I'm 100% sure Metal Zone has been severely nerfed. I used to get about 7k exp for each normal kill, and a bit more for each the runners. The amount did not seem to change no matter which Metal Zone I did, whether it be 1, 2, or 3. Just nwo I did Metal Zone 1, and I was getting about 3500 exp for regular kills, and a bit more for runners. Didn't encounter a king.

This is fucking crazy. Was this announced anywhere? I have screenshots of pulling 200k on Metal Zone 1, and now I killed every enemy in the zone, nothing escaped, and I got about 65k. I've played alot of these type of f2p games, and I've never seen such a severe nerf. Really leaves a bad taste in my mouth right now.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm 100% sure Metal Zone has been severely nerfed. I used to get about 7k exp for each normal kill, and a bit more for each the runners. The amount did not seem to change no matter which Metal Zone I did, whether it be 1, 2, or 3. Just nwo I did Metal Zone 1, and I was getting about 3500 exp for regular kills, and a bit more for runners. Didn't encounter a king.

This is fucking crazy. Was this announced anywhere? I have screenshots of pulling 200k on Metal Zone 1, and now I killed every enemy in the zone, nothing escaped, and I got about 65k.
Well as for the king and the exp not changing

...do we tell him?

Visceir

This is fucking crazy. Was this announced anywhere? I have screenshots of pulling 200k on Metal Zone 1, and now I killed every enemy in the zone, nothing escaped, and I got about 65k. I've played alot of these type of f2p games, and I've never seen such a severe nerf. Really leaves a bad taste in my mouth right now.

Did you do those runs with a much lower average level party?

Well as for the king and the exp not changing

...do we tell him?

What about it? King offers about 30k exp. Doesn't matter, I've done 100+ runs of Metal Zone 1. I know what the exp is supposed to be like. 7k for regular, a bit more for runners, about 30k for kings. I just got 3500 for regulars, about 4500 for runners. Are you saying that's not a nerf? I did this YESTERDAY and got the 7k numbers. When you kill every enemy in the zone, you are virtually guaranteed 110k+, doesn't matter if there's a king or not. I just killed every enemy and got 65k.

Did you do those runs with a much lower average level party?

Does it make a difference? The number you see during combat should be constant no matter if everyone in your group is level 200 or level 1. How it gets distributed at the end changes though, as people over the cap get 0 for their share.

Or am I wrong?

To answer your question, everyone in my group was exactly level 10, because it was a group full of fresh pulls.

Soulflarz

Banned
What about it? King offers about 30k exp. Doesn't matter, I've done 100+ runs of Metal Zone 1. I know what the exp is supposed to be like. 7k for regular, a bit more for runners, about 30k for kings. I just got 3500 for regulars, about 4500 for runners. Are you saying that's not a nerf? I did this YESTERDAY and got the 7k numbers.

The zone number does NOT matter for XP. It matters in terms of who can level up, as higher ones let more level up, but at the cost of more stamina. As for no king, the king only appears when his name is specifically mentioned on the world map.

The zone number does NOT matter for XP. It matters in terms of who can level up, as higher ones let more level up, but at the cost of more stamina. As for no king, the king only appears when his name is specifically mentioned on the world map.

I understand that, but it's not what i'm ranting about. My point is that the exp from every single enemy in the Metal Zone is severely nerfed.

Edit: Also, just fyi, King can appear even when his name is not mentioned. It's just rare. But again, this rant has nothing to do with kings.

meow

Just tried metal zone 1 after seeing these posts with the following levels: 26, 24, 15, 10, 10. I got 8.5k for a normal and 16.5k foot a gold runner. At 81k after two round after getting two more regular and two more gold runners. Don't know what's going on, I never bothered tracking the numbers.

Visceir

I've noticed the exp go down when I've left my lvl 30+ character out of the party.

I just did metal zone 4 with the king present and got 195 k exp.

I've noticed the exp go down when I've left my lvl 30+ character out of the party.

I just did metal zone 4 with the king present and got 195 k exp.

I'm trying it again right now and getting about 4.5k for regulars. It seems the exp somehow scales as a function of your party members levels. I'm not sure if it's average level or highest levelled member though.

Edit: Trying it AGAIN, this time replaced a level 12 with a level 41, and I'm getting 8500 for regulars. Ok, definitely scales.

I really wish there was a way to buy the game and rid myself of the stamina constraint. Really wish there was another way of earning energy as well. Far as I know that is the only way to draw top tier characters.

Riposte

Daiana vs. Bahamut, who's better? I got Bahamut on third try the last time I played, while Daiana is currently level 20-something from being used a lot.

Got like 8.8k first normal kill, no problems here

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
That, my friend, is known as a "whale"

The second one isn't too outrageous though. For example, I got SS and S from my tutorial rolls, then I pulled 2 more SS from login bonus rewards early on, and I paid $60 (basically the price I normally pay for a game), rolled about 10 times, and got 2 more SS during that. So it's not too crazy. Having them all at level 60ish with all 3 jobs unlocked though? That part is definitely crazy.

I hear a lot of people use these "point" sites in Japan that have you go around signing up for services and stuff for free money (talking hundreds of dollars) that you can turn in for iTunes money.

Top Bottom