• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

It's been said before, but for those who don't want to bother with the Facebook contest for the Ethereal (skills) character, you can get it from a Famitsu promotion by buying the latest online magazine.

It's even 50% off until end of October (1,67$ only).

Register an account, put to cart and purchase (with Paypal) here:
http://bookwalker.jp/def7257211-ca14-4202-b92c-3306d6f2769b/%E9%80%B1%E5%88%8A%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%9F%E9%80%9A-2014%E5%B9%B411%E6%9C%886%E6%97%A5%E5%8F%B7/

After purchase, simply go here and you'll see the promotion codes (Terra Battle is the fourth one):
https://member.bookwalker.jp/app/03/my/amenity_logs

Took me 5 min.
Apparently it's an unfinished character, which means they'll add in her extra jobs soonish.

Also, this if you're about to start playing:
PSA: Pre-Registration code that gave 5 energy ends tomorrow. Use it while you can. Make your final re-rolls count and such count!

https://twitter.com/terra_battle_en/status/526852582988591104

Here's the code one more time dhth66nWXVCbjdTC

Aexact

Okay, even knowing the 1) Dimension attack that sends some of your characters flying and 2) Giant stab AOE followed by non-damaging breath turn rotation for 13-9, I'm getting wrecked. My remaining characters die to the barrage of smaller enemies and with the reduced party size, it takes more then three turns to eliminate even one of them. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Maybe level I guess, I've got lvl 35-38 but I've got most of the helpful level 35 skills that I can conceive making a difference.

Guess I should wait for the weekdays to try and farm components for classes, I just want to advance so I can open new metal zones, if I can be properly equipped for dealing with Neo Bahamut and the next.

I did some more testing, and it seems how much exp you get per kill in metal zone is based on the level of the highest member of your party.

It doesn't matter what zone or what the level is, what matters is that higher max level = higher exp. moreover, it seems to be linear. In other words, if you replace your highest level guy with someone whose level is twice as high, you get twice as much exp.

Using this, i found something interesting. Even if you replace someone who gets exp because they are in range with someone who doesn't get exp because they are over the cap, it's still beneficial as long as your max level goes up by at least 20%.

The math is like this. Suppose you've got a party of 6, all in level range to get exp. highest level is L, and at the end you get X total exp before the split. now you replace the highest guy with someone whose level is M. You now get MX/L exp. but only 5 people get exp, so you really get 5MX/6L exp. when is this greater than X?

5MX/6L > X
5M > 6L
M/L > 1.2

So as long as M is 20% higher than L, you get not just more exp after the split per person, but more total exp as well, even though one person got nothing.

Concrete example: You've got 5 level 10s and a level 18. You should replace the level 18 with a level 20 and you will end up with more exp, even though level 20 gets nothing.

I did some more testing, and it seems how much exp you get per kill in metal zone is based on the level of the highest member of your party.

It doesn't matter what zone or what the level is, what matters is that higher max level = higher exp. moreover, it seems to be linear. In other words, if you replace your highest level guy with someone whose level is twice as high, you get twice as much exp.

Using this, i found something interesting. Even if you replace someone who gets exp because they are in range with someone who doesn't get exp because they are over the cap, it's still beneficial as long as your max level goes up by at least 20%.

The math is like this. Suppose you've got a party of 6, all in level range to get exp. highest level is L, and at the end you get X total exp before the split. now you replace the highest guy with someone whose level is M. You now get MX/L exp. but only 5 people get exp, so you really get 5MX/6L exp. when is this greater than X?

5MX/6L > X
5M > 6L
M/L > 1.2

So as long as M is 20% higher than L, you get not just more exp after the split per person, but more total exp as well, even though one person got nothing.

Concrete example: You've got 5 level 10s and a level 18. You should replace the level 18 with a level 20 and you will end up with more exp, even though level 20 gets nothing.
Don't the tip screens mention a catch up mechanic? That's why I always used the metal zone with my highest level unit in the party.

Does the order of the units in your party make any difference in the XP they get?

Vecks

5MX/6L > X
5M > 6L
M/L > 1.2

Thanks for the tip. Never really even thought about it/considered it. Should come in handy.

Shamdeo

I have a compatible phone with Terra Battle, but I can't download it from the App Store as it's requiring me to have a front-facing camera.

???

Akito

Is there any reason to choose Hunting Zone 2 over 1 when the former costs 5 more stamina? Like are the drop rates higher or something like that?

Can someone help me fill out my squad, currently in chapter 10:

I have the following three S characters who I am currently using, plus Kusach for healing:

Sha'plar the Witch - sword
Zuzu the Shadow - sword
Bahamut - Mage (got him in my 4th run, feelsgoodman.jpeg)

After that I have the following A characters:

Samupi - spear
Metupi - bow
Ka'pori - sword
Parhl - bow
S'napi - bow

And B characters

Ba'gunar - sword
Ra'prow - spear
Ma'curi - spear
Zan - sword
Grace - archer
Bahl - sword

I have been rocking Samupi and Grace to round out my team but currently debating if any of my other characters are worth building up. Thanks

Is there any reason to choose Hunting Zone 2 over 1 when the former costs 5 more stamina? Like are the drop rates higher or something like that?

i level characters from 1-19 in zone 1. I only level in hunting zone 2 if you want to level characters 20-29.

makes me waste less stamina that way since its about the same amount of exp but hunting zone 1 can be wiped out with one aoe from a high lvl char.

Akito

i level characters from 1-19 in zone 1. I only level in hunting zone 2 if you want to level characters 20-29.

makes me waste less stamina that way since its about the same amount of exp but hunting zone 1 can be wiped out with one aoe from a high lvl char.
You're probably thinking of Metal Zone ;)

The drop rates are much better if you have a team ready for that area.
Ah gotcha, I did a test run in both Zone 1&2 and got almost the same stuff so I was wondering, it'll show in the long run I guess.

He was asking about hunting zone, not metal. I think the difference is that 2 has a higher drop rate.

Mashing

Hmmm, how would you build a team (that's balanced) based on these char's:

Gugba - SS - Sword
Sheena - SS - Sword
Samatha - SS - Spear (lightning)
Gaiga - SS - Bow (dark)
Bahamut - S - Fire Mage
Puprope - S - Dark Mage
Korin - A - Sword
Kapori - A - Sword
Velaraine - A - Sword (ice)
Bahl - B - Sword
Amazora - B - Sword (fire)
O'Pari - B - Bow (fire)
Ba'gunar - B - Sword (lightning)
Kuscah - B - Healer

TOO MANY SWORDS.

I usually run the 4 SS char's, Kuscah and Bahamut (swap in Korin/Velraine if I need more swords or Velraine's ice element), but that team is also woefully imbalanced. I have some bow, spear monsters, but they seem to be a waste of using XP on.

Hige

I have a compatible phone with Terra Battle, but I can't download it from the App Store as it's requiring me to have a front-facing camera.

???
What phone model are you using? The camera requirement is probably a way of locking out old devices that can't run it well.

Negator

So I did it as an experiment, the first (and only) time I will ever put money into a f2p game.

30 Energy

Zerro, Daiana, A'merpact, Eileen, Ra'prow

Wow. That went well.

Aexact

I use one weak lightning user to kill everything.
Heh, I haven't rolled any elemental users (that are available at tier 1 job) either. I've also been using mandatory lightning lizard to kill Pudding time enemies. With some luck, the other characters in my chain land a hit sometimes too. Back when I was doing Hunting Zone 1, I even leveled a Spinestrich and a Draco, C-tier monsters that had lightning attacks.

Catching a Mantledrake was a godsend.

So for 13-9, the guy who launches your guys off the map, did people bring 2 healers or something, I'm really stumped.

putermcgee

You know what I'd like to see in this game? The ability to change jobs mid-battle. You can already hold a character's icon to bring up their stats, so it would be easy to let you select another job type right there. Even if it counted as a turn, it might be worth it.

This game is taunting me, I just need one moon tear to get the second job rank of Pahil, why does it have to be so friggen rare outside the hunting ground.

It's been said before, but for those who don't want to bother with the Facebook contest for the Ethereal (skills) character, you can get it from a Famitsu promotion by buying the latest online magazine.

It's even 50% off until end of October (1,67$ only).

Damn, wish that website would accept steam funds, got $1.69 sitting in my account doing nothing.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
LOVE this game, i hope for more downloads so we get god tier Amano artwork.....also for a pc game. Heres my current team....

LAxwRRo.jpg

Got Bahamut on 3rd try, was very fun.

jwhit28

I neglected the story with Beyond Earth being released and the Bahamut event coming. 10-10 is really giving me a hard time. I just don't have viable bow users.

I neglected the story with Beyond Earth being released and the Bahamut event coming. 10-10 is really giving me a hard time. I just don't have viable bow users.

I have tons of bow users and I'm stuck there too. I don't really have any AoE and that seems to be destroying me, the second battle where there's all those spearmen and they just keep flanking. Eats through everything I have.

Soulflarz

Banned
The item drop rates. Do you get more items on average in 3, or more rare items over Hunting Zone 2?

Its scaled I think. If you have 40s and you go to 1 youll get very little. Keep them relatively in the zone theyre supposed to be in for the correct drop rates? So with that idea, higher=better?

Mashing

How the hell are you supposed to know bosses weaknesses? Trial and error? For instance my friend told me to the 10-10 boss is weak to lightning and it actually disables his time warp skill.

How the hell are you supposed to know bosses weaknesses? Trial and error? For instance my friend told me to the 10-10 boss is weak to lightning and it actually disables his time warp skill.

Trial and error I guess. Also it's darkness. Lightning may work too, I suppose, but I've never tried it.

Hige

For 18-5, there's a guide here. It's all about diagonals and positioning characters for wave three. I was dreading the level, but I finally went through it over the weekend and it wasn't that difficult without levitation
when 4 out of 6 characters can heal themselves
. I had to sacrifice my almighty Mantledrake and leave him sitting on some spikes, though. :(

Top Bottom