• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MJ gone from IGNCube, badly written reviews decrease overnite

DMczaf

capt.sge.eke56.150604084833.photo00.default-262x384.jpg

"Ok, this is the final retirement! I promise!"

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Aww, she's a sweet lady in person. We all went to Japan back in the spring and she came along.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I am serious, apparently you have to hate Nintendo to work at IGNCube
[/sarcasm]

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
THIS IS DUMB

IGNCube said:
Former IGNcube editor Mary Jane Irwin was a nice gal. She loved all things Nintendo and she really liked Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia. But her love affair with GameCube's limited selection of role-playing games was not meant to last. For you see, MJ was an alien. Not an illegal alien like IGN network overlord Peer Schneider, but an actual extraterrestrial. The editor came to Earth from a faraway galaxy and recently abandoned her human shell to board her tinfoil flying saucer, destined for home. Some say that as she waved goodbye with her fourteen spiky legs, separate tears streamed slowly from three of her pulsing red eyes.

We're going to miss MJ, but even as she travels through space at light-plus speed, life on Earth must go on. IGN's GameCube channel must continue to operate. And all of this means that site editor-in-chief Matt Casamassina must find a replacement for his star bound editor.
DUMB I SAY

GDGF

Soothsayer
They should of said Sushi X killed her. Tie some of these industry urban legends together I say!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Disco Stu said:
Now that I check my Webster's I note three forms of résumé are acceptable.

All apologies.
I only know because I have been sending out a whole lot of resumes lately. :(

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Faith in humanity... restored. Now just stop going to see White Chicks and all will be right with the world.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I submitted my resume the last two times they asked for writers... I suppose I should submit another one.

Teddman

Heheh, that's the best PR spin I've ever seen about a departing staff member... she's an alien! Way to avoid saying "We fired her"?
MJ was an alien. Not an illegal alien like IGN network overlord Peer Schneider, but an actual extraterrestrial. The editor came to Earth from a faraway galaxy and recently abandoned her human shell to board her tinfoil flying saucer, destined for home.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i hope they hire kobun heat. for one it'd be a step towards quarantining all denis dyack fans in one manageable place. and i wonder what sort of reaction would result if casamassasama's tortured nintendo fandom collided with kobun's oblivious nintendo fandom. my guess would be "the spontaneous generation of amazingly stupid point/counterpoint editorials." make it so, ign.

emerge

CVXFREAK said:
Were they serious about the damn Latin here folks?

Lots of games are being released in Vatican 2-3 months earlier than in the rest of the world. I actually import quite a bit from there, and the nine years of Latin I had help a lot.

Teddman

drohne said:
i hope they hire kobun heat. for one it'd be a step towards quarantining all denis dyack fans in one manageable place.
On the other hand, the level of Sonic the Hedgehog hatred would be quite intense in that office.

Might make a good first impression if Kobun showed up to the interview and promptly chewed the head off of a Sonic doll, while screaming voodoo incantations between bites?

IJoel

Kobun Heat said:
So we're all in agreement, at least, that it's a good idea.

Sure. If you're a close minded, super biased fanboy that is.

I don't mind the cube preference, but the mindless bashing of other consoles is just unwarranted.

NWO

IJoel said:
I don't mind the cube preference, but the mindless bashing of other consoles is just unwarranted.

But its a requirement at IGN as long as the system your bashing is made by Nintendo.

Top Bottom