• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll go check now cause I'm good people.

edit- Joined

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So lets start the league then!

Mrbob

4 player league we would all be guaranteed playoff spots!

Oh and we will need one of the AL players to select an NL team in this league or just position your AL team in the NL division. Not like it matters anyway since there are only 14 people playing. Would like to get an even 7/7 split for the two leagues.

Mrbob

Alright, time to make the tough commissioner choices. Had a couple days for people to sign up and let me know and still have a couple spots open.

So, BIG E, you are in the rotation now if you want in the league. I know you have been wanting to play. What is your PSN tag I will send you an invite. The others who haven't responded yet I will get invites out to you if you are interested, else I will start outsourcing to get this thing rolling.

Mrbob

I need two more people to sign up.

One in the NL, one in the Al.

I knew I should have selected 12 instead of 14. Damn it. :x

Konex sign in.

Someone spam him with AIM until he signs in.

Mrbob

Oh and I just noticed Core407 is banned, no wonder he hasn't joined yet. He probably doesn't know about the new league.

Here is his aim:

CelineDionsMuff

If you see him online please tell him to join up. Just need him and Konex to sign in and we can start. But he and konex have to get on the same page. They both cannot choice AL or NL. Have to choose a separate conference.

Mrbob

Sweet.

So all we are waiting on is Core or Konex to sign in first with an AL team.

One more spot to go and the league can start.

Mrbob

Ok ladies Core signed in and now the league is live!

Sorry Konex you snooze you lose! You'll have to sit this season out.

Core is banned for a couple more days. WSV he signed be getting in contact with you for your games on AIM.

Lets rock and roll and finish this season! :D

Cloudy

Banned
WTF? Oh well, I guess I'll sell the game. I was the first to complete series in both prior leagues and now I'm out? Whatever..

Mrbob

Sorry man. :/

I sent you an invite 3 days ago and you never responded. I figured you weren't interested anymore.

Ramirez

Matrix said:
good lord

:lol

Konex told me on AIM that bunting was the only way he could use his hitters that weren't good, I told him the Yankees didn't really have a weak spot and he replied with Damon as being one of them!

Never change friend!

ramirez when can you play our series? i wont be home tonight (guys night out!) and i promised my gf id go see wicked (ugh...) with her tomorrow. monday should be cool if you can play though. possibly at some point early tomorrow if needed. let me know!

Ramirez

Hmm, well Im free all weekend, but you're scared I see. :lol

I can play Monday at 9 EST when I get off work, we could knock out 2 or all 3 if you wanted to, doesn't matter.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
When it rains, it pours.

Scar's PS3 may have just bit the dust. He can't get a picture or sound out of it at all.

Matrix

DenogginizerOS said:
Matrix,

Are you free to play any tonight?

AIM: Magnoggin

Denog,I can play one now if you're free.

I have a Rockets game at 9:30 and dinner.

Matrix

Yea thats fine.

Matrix

Great game man! Never would have thought Ty would hit a walk off GW hr.

In case of emergency aim for the crawford box seats!

I'm free after tonights Rockets game if you play games late.Tomorrow I'm free after 10 pm eastern and Tuesday I should be able to play at any time.

edit- Got the NCAA Championship game to watch tomorrow night too,I have money riding on it so I have to watch :D

DMczaf

Big-E said:
Any of you guys in contact with DMcazaf? I haven't been able to get in contact with him.

I'm on AIM whenever I'm on my computer, or you could have sent a PM on GAF. I rarely come to the online forum lately, so thats how most people contact me.

I can play some games tomorrow all day, I have class on Tuesday though.

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
Yo Nog! Any word on Scar's PS3 situation? I'd like to get in some games tonight if possible. Thanks!
He will be available tonight at 10PM EST in the League Lobby. He said he would buy a new PS3 today if he couldn't get his current system running.

Matrix

Denog,I'm free during the day today if you want to play one or two games.

Heck im free now.

DenogginizerOS

Matrix said:
Denog,I'm free during the day today if you want to play one or two games.

Heck im free now.
I am at work/ :(

We can play them tomorrow night since you are watching the NCAA Champ. game tonight.

Matrix

Top Bottom