• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

DMczaf

Sorry about that Big-E, my sister dragged me out the house to help her return a laptop and pick out a new one.

If you're around I can play a game tonight after I finish eating dinner.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ramirez mother f'er! we will have to forefit our games!

p.s. apologies if your internet is down or some other circumstance. if not i blame you :D

Today was the last day? I'm here if we have time. :lol

gg's, sorry about that last game i was just really tired so after i realized i wasn't going to win i started serving up meat balls :lol

although this hurt my cause since that meant it prolonged the game :(

first 2 games were good though!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Denog,can you play at 9 pm eastern? in 30 mins?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No problem,9:15 it is,one or two games tonight?

Matrix

Ok cool,see ya then.

Matrix

Ok cool,I'll log on in 5

Matrix

Good series Denog.

That 2nd game was even worse than the 1st,lag fest,but playable.

That 2nd game I could not field the ball in the OF :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Matrix said:
Good series Denog.

That 2nd game was even worse than the 1st,lag fest,but playable.

That 2nd game I could not field the ball in the OF :(
Good games!

And what the hell with the green online status and all that freakin' lag?!!??! Playing with the Tigers' pitching staff is hard enough! :lol

Matrix

It's got to be their servers or something.Both our connections are good.

Some of your 94/95 mph fastballs look like 110 mphs when you factor in the lag :( I'd take your pitching staff any day of the week over the Stros.

DenogginizerOS

Matrix said:
It's got to be their servers or something.Both our connections are good.

Some of your 94/95 mph fastballs look like 110 mphs when you factor in the lag :( I'd take your pitching staff any day of the week over the Stros.
Verlander and Bonderman are great. Willis is mediocre. K-Rog is one "I am a GREAT Dad!" t-shirt away from being the guy who puts balls on T-Ball stands.

Matrix

Roy O great,Backe decent,the rest :lol :lol *weeps* Though Wandy had a ok game,but that was most likely cause of the lag.

My pen is just gross.

DenogginizerOS

Matrix said:
Roy O great,Backe decent,the rest :lol :lol *weeps* Though Wandy had a ok game,but that was most likely cause of the lag.

My pen is just gross.
It just dawned on me. I think MrBob said a while back that day games are much laggier. That last game was a day game....hrmmmmm

Matrix

Damn I screwed us over if thats the case.

Man that should have been put in giant bold letters for everyone to see,if true.

LJ11

The framerate gets choppy with a couple of men on base during day games. Add in some latency and it's a recipe for disaster. Night games are a safe bet.

Mrbob

Wow Mig pummeled my starting pitching all 3 games and yet I held onto wins thanks to my offense (Sweep Sorianos leg, Mig!).

11-5
8-5
10-8

High scoring games. Those were crazy games Mig. GG. Any of those games could have swung either way yet I luckily got some timely hits.

Miguel

Mrbob said:
Wow Mig pummeled my starting pitching all 3 games and yet I held onto wins thanks to my offense (Sweep Sorianos leg, Mig!).

11-5
8-5
10-8

High scoring games. Those were crazy games Mig. GG. Any of those games could have swung either way yet I luckily got some timely hits.
Was surprisingly fun for getting swept. :lol

A+++++++++++ WILL PLAY AGAIN

GCQuinton

Just finished the last game in my series against Core407 and lost 1-0. We had problems running the game through the league, so I hosted an exhibition so we could play it.

Scar or Nog for Scar....I'm home and ready to play some games. Sorry I'm 20 minutes late, but if one of you were on AIM I could have quickly communicated the delay.... :(

Please follow up soon or I'll spend my night playing Crisis Core or something. Thanks!

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
Scar or Nog for Scar....I'm home and ready to play some games. Sorry I'm 20 minutes late, but if one of you were on AIM I could have quickly communicated the delay.... :(

Please follow up soon or I'll spend my night playing Crisis Core or something. Thanks!
He is likely asleep. I have been on AIM all night. You guys will have to get them in tomorrow I guess.

Mrbob

If the games dont get done by tonight I'm splitting up the wins tommorrow morning and moving the season along.

DenogginizerOS

Mrbob said:
If the games dont get done by tonight I'm splitting up the wins tommorrow morning and moving the season along.
Scar and Shawn are going to give it a go tonight. Scar said he is perfectly fine with whatever you decide to do after tonight.

Matrix

Quinton,when are you free to start our week 2 series?

Miguel

Dezzzzzz do you have any other way to contact you than here? Next few days may be a bit busy, so I'd like to know if we can try to schedule our games at some point...

Dez

Miguel said:
Dezzzzzz do you have any other way to contact you than here? Next few days may be a bit busy, so I'd like to know if we can try to schedule our games at some point...

i have msn, and my seldomly used icq account, which is compatible with AIM. what's your AIM? my icq# is 4065341, msn is zedj@rogers.com.

Matrix

Quinton,im in the league lobby.

Mrbob

Denog is scar feeling any better? Want to see if he can play a game or two around 9PM cenral time or a little later tonight.

DMczaf

Big-E said:
Good series DMczaf. That was almost an epic comeback in that last game.

I'm terrible on offense, I was just hoping I could at least score a run so I wasnt shutout in any of the games. Then I hit a freaking grand slam in the bottom of the 9th :lol

I succeeded in my goals though, I didn't get swept or shutout in 3 games! VICTORY!

Matrix

Quinton GG,but that was a lag fest.

Next time pick a night game,you get less lag with them.I forgot to warn you.

Ramirez

Is there a site you can check to see who you play? I hate havin' to hook my PS3 up to the net since I never use it other than for league games. :lol

Big-E

LJ, if you are down for some afternoon games tomorrow I will be down. I have to head out at 10 EST but am free before then.

Top Bottom