• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 11 The Show |OT| Fear the Beard™

Just picked up the hard copy today (fuck you PSN and your shitty service) and I'm really enjoying it so far. The pitching can be a little difficult with that damn nub but overall its great for portable baseball. Do they do roster updates as often as they do on the console version?

Khronikos

Banned
It would not hurt for any fans of the game to go to Operation Sports forums or the Official ones. This is where the devs talk back, though they now have an official site you can use, and this is where you can comment and talk with everybody that's anybody in the show. This is where 95% of the feedback that has changed this game came from. It's a pretty good pro community though mods are strict.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/

http://forums.theshownation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

You can post any feedback on a variety of things including what you may want personally in the game based on your observations of the stadiums or players in real life. It really helps these stadiums grow more accurate your help is appreciated. Other feedback of course is great and will help as well.

bjb

Banned
Forgive me if it's already been asked, but are they planning on addressing the franchise free-agency bug?

And if so, is there an ETA for the patch.

Khronikos

Banned
Last year there were three patches. They will address just about anything they can get to up to about a month or so. Last it was over two because the game was extremely buggy. They are very much in contact with the players at the above mentioned sites so anything that will get addressed they will hear first. Expect a patch no later than a month after release and usually they are medium range to significant.

Cruceh

Banned
The Frankman said:
Depends on the runner/situation. Sometimes the play is so hard even if he makes it clean it's a hit anyway.
Eh, just think it's annoying sometimes.

In any case, RTTS is way too easy as a pitcher. I'm in my 2nd year, won the WS with the Twins, and I'm ranked no.1 pitcher in the game at 20 years old. I'd try batting but I swing at everything and I suck.

Jshep

Banned
TTP said:
Any impressions about Home Run Derby with PlayStation Move? (And possibly 3D as well?)

I tried it out. It is easier to just do a quick flick with the wrist than do an actual swing. I think it is all timing based. Power doest seem to actually matter. Flick of the wrist resulted in more HR's than an actual swing.

anddo0

KaYotiX said:
You have to pay for the challenges?? Damn that sucks.....

Lovin the game BTW, analog hitting and pitching makes a huge difference in fun for me.

The first try is free. You can try again for a 25-cents or buy the packs (5 tries for a dollar and so on). It looks like it's making a good bit of money. On average the top guy on the leaderboards has 55+ attempts.

Fuckin Hell.

Did anyone else just check their Modell's order online? I just did, it said the status of my order was cancelled....AGAIN.

Error1355

I've been playing MLB 09 since that came out, so I decided it's worth it to upgrade this year after the graphics (lighting) looked mindblowingly better.

So damn glad I did. RTTS started off a little boring since this is the third time I've had to grind it out in the minors, but I find the lack of dumb 'goals' liberating.

However I find it silly that I got -5 training points for not using the cutoff man in the outfield when I tossed the guy out trying to stretch a double into a triple. >_>

Started off on the Pirates like I always do since I live just north of Pittsburgh. Got traded to the Nationals two months in. Woo... >_>

yuna55

The Show noob here.

Is it possible to have "manual fielding" but via the buttons and not the analog controls?

My players are fielding the ball to each respective base automatically and I'd like control over that but cannot seem to find the option.

hie

lennedsay said:
The Show noob here.

Is it possible to have "manual fielding" but via the buttons and not the analog controls?

My players are fielding the ball to each respective base automatically and I'd like control over that but cannot seem to find the option.

Yes, it's totally possible. That's how I play. Analog Pitching/Batting & Button Fielding - No Assist.

I'm not sure of the actual name of the setting for 'auto-fielding', but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

yuna55

hie said:
Yes, it's totally possible. That's how I play. Analog Pitching/Batting & Button Fielding - No Assist.

I'm not sure of the actual name of the setting for 'auto-fielding', but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Are the settings different if I'm on rookie versus veteran? The only close option I see is for base running.

Edit: Just found it, it was labed "throwing" so I assumed it was for pitching lol.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Loving the new pitching controls, and also think I like the new batting as well.. as always one of the best balance of sim/game on the market..

patsu

How do I get to the new one-button gameplay feature ?

I'm not handicapped but I sure want to check it out. The Show confuses me sometimes. ^_^

demolitio

My game finally shipped and I can't wait. It will be a nice change of pace from SOCOM 4.

I might bite my pride and play as the Reds instead of the Indians. I was born in Cleveland but live in Cincinnati now, but I always stuck with the Indians first. After the nonsense the Indians have done these past few years, it might be time to use the Reds just so I know I have a decent team.

Both cities have a history of getting royally screwed over and apparently that applied to my life too...A nice double dose of it. :D

MisterNugNug said:
Fuckin Hell.

Did anyone else just check their Modell's order online? I just did, it said the status of my order was cancelled....AGAIN.
That's strange. Mine just shipped about an hour ago but what's weird is my credit card still hasn't been charged for the transaction.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm not getting '11 for a couple months, I only got '10 in the winter...need to play it more before moving on.

Is there going to be new rosters for '10 or are they done with it? Even custom ones...

Vargas

Is there anyway to stop a trade in this game in RTTS? I don't want to be traded from the Mets, but I have been on the trading block for the entire month of July and I keep getting traded for Adam Wainwright. When I try to reload the save I still get traded.

Speaking of the save, why is it the file so damn huge this year? Makes saving/loading a bitch.

Vargas said:
Is there anyway to stop a trade in this game in RTTS? I don't want to be traded from the Mets, but I have been on the trading block for the entire month of July and I keep getting traded for Adam Wainwright. When I try to reload the save I still get traded.

Speaking of the save, why is it the file so damn huge this year? Makes saving/loading a bitch.
Try and go back to another RTTS save file and keep asking to be off the trading block, plus see if you can keep management busy with another request. I usually have 3-4 save files skipping two or three games in between to prevent that. However if you only have one file... sorry, that's baseball. :(

eznark

Banned
Vargas said:

you're doing it wrong

Vargas said:

Isn't the whole point of RTTS to have your player experience what a real life player would?

Who has made it to the Majors in RTTS? How long did it take you. I'm in my second year and starting in AA. Was in the KC farm system, then traded to the Rangers and now I've been moved to the Diamondbacks.

bryehn

patsu said:
How do I get to the new one-button gameplay feature ?

I'm not handicapped but I sure want to check it out. The Show confuses me sometimes. ^_^

go into user settings (franchise/season only) and select avda as your difficulty. you have to remap every input in exhibition/online modes but you can still get it playable with one button.

i am disabled, though it doesn't really affect me playing this game.

however, i do suck at baserunning, so i set that to auto, i use buttons to hit and like pitching analog. fantastic customization options!

eznark

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Who has made it to the Majors in RTTS? How long did it take you. I'm in my second year and starting in AA. Was in the KC farm system, then traded to the Rangers and now I've been moved to the Diamondbacks.

I'm in my first year at AA as an 18 year old left fielder but I am the 5th outfielder in the organization. It's only April, so I am pretty confident I'll get either called up this year or traded to a team that will start me. They have been playing me a lot in right field, so virtual Ron Roenicke must realize what I realize, Corey Hart sucks.

Marleyman

Banned
Error1355 said:
Started off on the Pirates like I always do since I live just north of Pittsburgh. Got traded to the Nationals two months in. Woo... >_>

I am from the suburbs in Pittsburgh so I started out with the Buccos as well. I made a first baseman and have been traded to the Giants. I was pissed, but feel that I am actually going to get a better chance to start there and long term the Giants are just a better run organization.

What level are you playing it on? Position? Do you walk at all? I am hitting .330 right now in AA with decent numbers other than walks. It is frustrating as can be to be patient in this game. I swear the AI throws me first and second pitch strikes on the reg.

theRizzle

Probably going to buy it after work anyways, but can anyone confirm/deny that there is still a 2P Franchise or Dynasty mode? I haven't played The Show since 08 so I have no idea if it's still in the game.

patsu

bryehn said:
go into user settings (franchise/season only) and select avda as your difficulty. you have to remap every input in exhibition/online modes but you can still get it playable with one button.

i am disabled, though it doesn't really affect me playing this game.

however, i do suck at baserunning, so i set that to auto, i use buttons to hit and like pitching analog. fantastic customization options!

Thanks ! I couldn't find my way in the game. ^_^
Hope this time I can complete the game !

DoctorWho said:
I never put enough time in MLB 09, but did RTTS in MLB 09. Made AAA and the Futures game in Arizona in my 2nd year, I was going to save the Mets as a speedy 2nd baseman with pop...

and then they traded me, Ike Davis, and another pitcher to fucking Toronto... fuck Toronto, there's nothing in Toronto to do.

theRizzle said:
Probably going to buy it after work anyways, but can anyone confirm/deny that there is still a 2P Franchise or Dynasty mode? I haven't played The Show since 08 so I have no idea if it's still in the game.

You can control all 30 teams now if you're so inclined.

Mrbob

MisterNugNug said:
Fuckin Hell.

My order from Modell's shipped yesterday via UPS. I'd call them if your order was canceled again.

My Modell's order just shipped today, I believe. Well, I got the shipping confirmation today anyway. Looking forward to getting my copy!

My Modell's Order just shipped Friday, I should get it Saturday or Monday... problem? It'll arrive in NY and I'm in Philly for at least the next 3 weeks!!! I'm going to have to goto NY and pick it up, then come back to Philly. Also my TV in NY is HD and the one in Philly is SD... ugh.

Error1355

Marleyman said:
What level are you playing it on? Position? Do you walk at all? I am hitting .330 right now in AA with decent numbers other than walks. It is frustrating as can be to be patient in this game. I swear the AI throws me first and second pitch strikes on the reg.

I'm playing it on super easy mode with hitting sliders all the way up as a CF. I like beasting in RTTS. I play normal when I boot up franchise, but RTTS is for me to smack homers regularly and have a >.400 average. >_>

I got called up to the AAA team due to an injury and hit 2 HRs in my first game. I hope they keep me up since I am going to miss the AA all star game due to this. :(

Marleyman said:
Is it multiple seasons? Trades, free agency?

Yup. The gist is that you can give user control to as many teams as you want in Franchise mode, and everything else will happen just as it would if you were playing alone.

I'm doing 30-team control even though it's just me, and the CPU still trades, signs free agents, handles their own lineups, etc. I'm just controlling them all in the event something stupid happens I can fix it.

eznark

Banned
Guess I spoke too soon praising online. Been completely unable to play with a buddy of mine for days. Just sits at the "challenge sent" window.

Top Bottom