• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So Baseball Today is ending next week.

Gonna be replaced with Baseball Tonight hosted by Buster Olney. No more Keith Law, Mark Simon, or Eric Karabell.

This sucks. The daily podcast during the season was something I'd look forward to at work right after it was published.

So my two favorite baseball podcasts have both gone kaput in the last 5 months. Any suggestions?
yeah I just listened to that podcast. the new one is guaranteed to suck. Probably will bring all of those shitty baseball tonight people along with it and have shitty interviews with players asking how they feel after a win.

Up and In and now Baseball Today. I don't know what I am supposed to listen to now. The fangraphs ones are incredibly boring. The host is terrible. not sure if they are still doing that beyond the boxscore one, didn't find that one too good either (shitty host).

On the braves front though, the CAC podcast is decent and I just found out about the new FoxSportsSouth podcast. It is pretty good, at least the 2nd episode was, only one I have listened to. (although no RSS feed from what I can tell)

Blearth

Banned
Baseball Today

OldSnakeSalute.jpg

Doytch

Klaw said on Twitter that he's doing another podcast and it's supposed to be announced soon, so yeah. Dunno if on ESPN (assume so), but something.

harSon

Banned
Anybody think the Pirates will have a winning season this year?

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't. It depends if Cole has any impact on this season (it's clear our pitching staff can't be effective an entire season, depth will def help us in that regard), and if people like Marte and Travis Snider progress. Also, if McDonald is still phased by last season.

dmag1223

Shit, I listened to baseball today almost everyday during the season. Haven't tuned in this off season, why is it ending? Lack of listeners?

Syrinx

Hot sauce is objectively the best hot dog condiment. But if I had to choose ketchup or mustard, it's mustard by a landslide.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i'd pay for Up and In. And i'm a cheap bastard. That podcast was head and shoulders above everything else.

So it was like the NBA thread?

Actually, yes. We weren't as mean to outsiders, though. And you didn't see MLBGAFfers accuse people of watching less baseball than themselves as if it means anything. That's the most annoying thing about NBA GAF. 30% of it is just people accusing other people of not really liking the NBA.

turnbuckle

i'd pay for Up and In. And i'm a cheap bastard. That podcast was head and shoulders above everything else.

I would too. I miss hearing about parks' dysfunctional love life while learning of prospects in between calls from Kevin's mom and lots of Wal-Mart love and bashing. nothing will ever be the same again.

The Pirates avoided arbitration with both Neil Walker and James McDonald. Walker agreed to a 1-year, $3.3 million deal. McDonald agreed to a 1-year, $3.025 million deal.

The Pirates now have no more pending cases and currently have a 2013 payroll of $55,650,000.

Top Bottom