• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

andycapps

You can do video with an MLB.tv sub but that costs a lot more.

The iOS $20 purchase gets you the audio, video highlights, live look-ins, a free game (video) each day and a couple other things.

I live out of state, so I think I'm going to finally do the MLB.tv sub.. I can't go to games, and even if I could, it would pay for itself in a couple games.

eznark

Banned
I live out of state, so I think I'm going to finally do the MLB.tv sub.. I can't go to games, and even if I could, it would pay for itself in a couple games.

Literally the greatest thing on the planet. I've had it from the first season it was offered and it's the best. THE BEST! Even when it sucks.

HBP

Listening to the Braves vs Tigers game, so great for some baseball, first Royals game coming up in an hour.

I am slightly tempted to get a 1 month subscription to MLB.TV so I can watch some games.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hardball Times - Greatest three year defensive peaks since 1920 by position:

Since three seasons of defensive statistics are generally considered as reliable as a full season of offense, I compiled a list of the best consecutive three year defensive peaks as determined by Baseball Reference, using the following criteria:

• Each three-year peak required at least 80 percent of the player's team's games played at the position in question.
  • For catchers I made the requirement just 75 percent of their team's games.
  • Players were ranked by their defensive runs per 150 games from their three-year period to account for the differences in the length of season from the different eras.
  • I also limited this search to the live ball era.

Code:
Name 		Years 		Pos. 	3 yr Defensive runs/150 	3 Yr Defensive runs
Ivan Rodriguez 	1996-1998 	C 		21.8 				65.0
Albert Pujols 	2006-2008 	1B 		22.0 				66.0
Orlando Hudson 	2003-2005 	2B 		23.1 				62.0
Mark Belanger 	1975-1977 	SS 		27.6 				82.6
Brooks Robinson 1967-1969 	3B 		27.8 				88.3
Barry Bonds 	1989-1991 	LF 		26.9 				83.0
Andruw Jones 	1998-2000 	CF 		29.9 				96.0
Jesse Barfield 	1985-1987 	RF 		21.8 				68.7

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
perfect game, Perfect game, perfect Game, Perfect Game, PERFECT Game, Perfect GAME, PERFECT GAME Detroit Tigers.

Edit: freeman base hit!

eznark

Banned
My wife is going to hate me. But it's still not that much when you consider it's less than $1 a game.

You know you can watch all of the games. Day game + Night game + West coast game. Every day. That is living.

I usually have a couple going on different devices. One on the roku and one on the ipad or laptop or whatever.

andycapps

Has anyone found a way to watch games that are blacked out? I'm considering just going audio this year otherwise.

I don't think there are legal ways.

eznark said:
You know you can watch all of the games. Day game + Night game + West coast game. Every day. That is living.

I usually have a couple going on different devices. One on the roku and one on the ipad or laptop or whatever.

Now you're trying to make me a monster.

Syrinx

I didn't see Brandon Nimmo on either the active roster or non-roster invitees on the Mets website. Is he at Spring Training? Kind of interested in seeing him play.

zulux21

you know despite the fact i have been reading about how some of my guys are not a 100% at training camp it didn't even dawn on me that spring training games would be starting already.

Here's hoping the white sox are better than expected, otherwise this is going to be a long season for me.

Zep

Banned
you know despite the fact i have been reading about how some of my guys are not a 100% at training camp it didn't even dawn on me that spring training games would be starting already.

Here's hoping the white sox are better than expected, otherwise this is going to be a long season for me.

Holy shit! Robin Ventura posts here!

Zep

Banned
Holy shit! Zep posts here?!

dukes_cellphone_300.jpg

"Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house."

zulux21

Holy shit! Robin Ventura posts here!
obviously I am Jerry Reinsdorf :p
jokes aside though as a fan of the white sox I have a lot to worry about especially when it comes to pitching. the bullpen is still pretty young, Thornton isn't 100%, Danks is a huge question mark, both sale and peavy are coming off seasons that they threw a lot more innings than anything in the past few years, Floyd is always a question mark, and I am not sure who the 5th starter is.

Flowers isn't the answer at catcher and I am still rooting for an off season trade of Dunn.... overall it's a team that could be quite bad if things don't go well, or quite competitive if they do. The AL central in general still isn't that strong on paper, but the Tigers do look like they have a mostly solid team. Just a lot to worry about going into the season as a sox fan.

that all being said it should be fun watching the red sox and yankees fight it out for last place in the AL east :p (this is my big preseason prediction)

Zep

Banned
obviously I am Jerry Reinsdorf

No, you seem to actually care about the team.

Anyway, it must be relievers shit on team week...
Papelbonz said:
"Since I've been here I haven't seen any leadership. Every good team that I've been a part of has had a good core group of veterans and an influx of a good group of young guys and I think that's a recipe for success," he said. "But at the same time, that doesn't mean we're going to have success. In my opinion, this team has way more to lose than to prove. I think a lot of guys on this team have proved a lot. But I think this year if we don't go out and do what we're capable [of] and supposed to do, then we have a lot more to lose. The longer it takes us to figure out who we are as a team, the longer it's going to take us to start winning," Papelbon said.

Wish someone would DC sniper this chump.

zulux21

No, you seem to actually care about the team.

touche :p
I am looking forward seeing what Rick Hahn will do for the team though. He seems to have a bit better sense on what is a good trade than Kenny Williams did. Though I will miss the big random splashes williams did (sort of... they rarely were splashes I was happy with... still bitter over that edwin jackson trade....)

TheNatural

My Member!
Reds start out up 5-0 and then give up 3 runs right back in the first inning. Figures, blowing a lead just like the playoffs. Nothing has changed.

This team is fucked, season is already in the shitter. Dusty's shitty ass rotation and prep is already showing itself not starting Cueto game one. This is just going to carry into the season, as usual. Bruce batting in the 5 hole is a joke, guy can't hit worth a shit, Frazier needs to be given a shot for a fucking change.

Time for a firesale, Dusty needs to be axed ASAP and see if we can drop Votto's contract and rebuild and get someone decent in the draft this year and some prospects to build around Billy Hamilton. Fuck the management and this franchise for this shit, I'll never forgive them.

Parch

ST games are meaningless. 80% minor leaguers until the last week. But it's just so nice to see baseball and listen to the baseball talk.
I love that SN televises the first Blue Jay ST game. Completely meaningless, but the first sign of baseball is spring's first iconic moment.

Malo

Banned
Reds start out up 5-0 and then give up 3 runs right back in the first inning. Figures, blowing a lead just like the playoffs. Nothing has changed.

This team is fucked, season is already in the shitter. Dusty's shitty ass rotation and prep is already showing itself not starting Cueto game one. This is just going to carry into the season, as usual. Bruce batting in the 5 hole is a joke, guy can't hit worth a shit, Frazier needs to be given a shot for a fucking change.

Time for a firesale, Dusty needs to be axed ASAP and see if we can drop Votto's contract and rebuild and get someone decent in the draft this year and some prospects to build around Billy Hamilton. Fuck the management and this franchise for this shit, I'll never forgive them.
This has to be a joke.

rekameohs

Banned
lol @ Noesi

I'm not falling for this one.

rando14

lmfao, already we've got posts like these?

BFIB

This is amazing. Though I agree with the Baker firing part.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Gio Gonzales is telling me that because he passed a drug test it means he never took ped's? Lance Armstrong already used that excuse up, bro.

I like your style, but you're no pollo.

These pitchers we get from the Yankees blow ass.

you didn't give us working parts. all sales final. both ways... :(

Top Bottom