• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

19145.gif

Enron

Banned
Oh man, Yanks.

The injury that will keep New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira out of the lineup until May at the earliest is not a wrist strain, as originally reported, but a partially torn tendon sheath that could potentially require season-ending surgery.

If im the Mets, Im sticking Valdespin in the OF. The guy can hit and finally has learned how to take pitches. My starting OF would be Byrd, Valdespin and Kirk/Brown. Fuck Duda

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Roy Halladay was removed from the Philadelphia Phillies' spring training game against the Baltimore Orioles Sunday after just one inning, in which his fastball velocity was diminished again.

There was much anticipation for Halladay's start Sunday, after an ugly exhibition performance against the Tigers last week in which he allowed seven runs in 2 2/3 innings and had greatly diminished velocity in the 82-86 mph range.

Halladay told reporters he felt fine, and the Phillies were encouraged by his bullpen session three days ago.

But Halladay struggled for command of his fastball in his inning of work Sunday, needing 25 pitches to get through the inning. Scouts said his fastball velocity today was in the 87 mph range, before he departed.
At what point does Philly start to worry?

If im the Mets, Im sticking Valdespin in the OF. The guy can hit and finally has learned how to take pitches. My starting OF would be Byrd, Valdespin and Kirk/Brown. Fuck Duda
LF: Valdespin
CF: Cogwhill/Den Dekker
RF: Byrd

You need a CF that can cover the OF, and Den Dekker is going to be a Gold Glover. Have you seen his amazing D in Spring Training alone?

eznark

Banned
Any of you guys reading Trading Bases! I'm about five chapters in, does a real nice job of explaining "advanced" stats in layman terms. Even Phillies fans could probably understand it.

Top Bottom