• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Malo

Banned
I was hoping for for a Japan vs D.R. final, but oh well, congrats to Puerto Rico.

Hopefully we get some revenge against the Netherlands later tonight, but Volquez might try his hardest to stop that from happening.

I was hoping for for a Japan vs D.R. final, but oh well, congrats to Puerto Rico.

Hopefully we get some revenge against the Netherlands later tonight, but Volquez might try his hardest to stop that from happening.

I thought Volquez got pulled at the behest of the Reds organization... did they end up letting him play?

While not a powerhouse like Japan, D.R., or lol USA, it's not surprising to have them in the finals. They're a good team.

Are you high, brah?

holy shit. lol.

I was thinking of Cueto. Sometimes I have flashbacks to dark times in my life, and I forget that I have moved on.

There was a time, though, where he had Cy-Young stuff.

LF: Valdespin
CF: Cogwhill/Den Dekker
RF: Byrd

You need a CF that can cover the OF, and Den Dekker is going to be a Gold Glover. Have you seen his amazing D in Spring Training alone?

im totally fine with this too. Im glad u agree with Byrd and Valdespin though.

And Congrats to PR. if DR makes it tomorrow, that will be a huge gm in both countries.

Something Ryan Braun will never have, other than his tainted statistical achievements.

Another accomplishment

2006 Rookie of the Year too.

HR Derby Champion

He also has the NL Record for Most Homeruns in a single season by a player who has not been linked to steroids or HGH. Braun couldn't touch that shit, and he's on the juice.

58 Homeruns. Only Roger Maris has more.

I'm changing my avatar this season to Ryan Howard. He will return to form. The Phillies will prevail.

#TeamHoward

eznark

Banned
And why is that? Dominican Winter ball is awesome, and the chance to play in a major venue in the US will showcase a ton of talent.

Combined population of 13 million (roughly equivalent to Tokyo), geographically isolated and effectively adjacent, globally irrelevant.

It's like a Kansas City - Milwaukee World Series. Sure the immediately affected fan bases are hyper-charged and super passionate but no one else gives a fuck.

Zep

Banned
CBSSports said:
Cuban pitcher Yadier Pedroso Gonzalez was killed in a car accident in Cuba, according to the director of sports for the territory of Artemisa, Cuba (via Caribbean Journal).

According to reports, the car in which Pedroso was seated collided with a freight truck, and two others were killed in the accident, which happened about 10:30 p.m. local time Saturday.

Pedroso, 26, was one of the best pitchers in Cuba and just took part in the World Baseball Classic. Per Baseball-Reference.com, Pedroso's best season was 2008-09, when he went 9-3 with a 1.91 ERA.He was 76-45 with a 3.15 ERA in his career and competed in 10 international competitions.

Pedroso appeared in two games in the 2013 World Baseball Classic, allowing four hits and an earned run in 1 2/3 innings of action.

damn

Combined population of 13 million (roughly equivalent to Tokyo), geographically isolated and effectively adjacent, globally irrelevant.

It's like a Kansas City - Milwaukee World Series. Sure the immediately affected fan bases are hyper-charged and super passionate but no one else gives a fuck.

You're making me DROOL.

Sanjuro

I've been starting to see more and more commercials for the Jackie Robinson film. Looks absolutely terrible. Hopefully this is just a case of poor adverts.

Talon

I've been starting to see more and more commercials for the Jackie Robinson film. Looks absolutely terrible. Hopefully this is just a case of poor adverts.
It's the same crew that brought you the not totally cheesy Ernie Davis movie.

Same actor's playing Ernie Davis and Jackie Robinson as well. There's a joke about this somewhere...

Top Bottom