• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Miguel Sano is starting at 3B and batting 5th tonight against the Yankees. I don't think it's anything more than giving him a taste of the big time, but oh lord am I excited to see this.

It's amazing how the Mets OF picture has suddenly formed out of nowhere. Jordany Valdespin has continued mashing the ball from last season and looks better in the OF (still no confidence in him playing CF). Byrd has looked good this spring, and Cogwill and Den Dekker have the grit/hustle quotient filled.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It's amazing how the Mets OF picture has suddenly formed out of nowhere. Jordany Valdespin has continued mashing the ball from last season and looks better in the OF (still no confidence in him playing CF). Byrd has looked good this spring, and Cogwill and Den Dekker have the grit/hustle quotient filled.
So, it's still awful then.

Friggz

MLB is really after Arod and Braun...the league has considered offering other players immunity in exchange for cooperating with their efforts to bring down A-Rod and Braun per jeff passan.

edit: what a fucking joke.

http://blogs.thescore.com/djf/2013/03/21/romer-woeful-the-grim-tweets-of-arashmadani/#more-14116

Romero shitting the bed in a minor league game.

Is it HAPP time now?

Can't believe that Romero was the number one guy last year.

Romero's final line: 64 pitches, 2 1/3 IP, 5 hits, 4 runs (all earned), 5 walks, Zero strikeouts. One two-run HR given up. #Bluejays #Jays
6:15 PM - 21 Mar 13

I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for this start. He's apparently changing his mechanics up but it's obviously not working.

Drunk Jays Fans also delivers this gem:
ScreamingRomer-woe.jpg

eznark

Banned
MLB is really after Arod and Braun...the league has considered offering other players immunity in exchange for cooperating with their efforts to bring down A-Rod and Braun per jeff passan.

Nightingale reported that yesterday. It would be amazing if they start granting immunity. I hope they do it. Hopefully MLB rewarding players for juicing will be the first step to full legalization.

Fenix

Man, the Romer-woe 'shop has been around since last season.

I'm done with Romero starting the season in the rotation now though. Not because of how bad this start (and his spring) has been, but more because if he's tinkering with things and he still can't throw strikes by now he should work it out in AAA. Don't let him fail & learn at the MLB level this year, to the detriment of the team. Happ is a decent 5th starter option until Romero works out the kinks in his new mechanics.

Or until Hutch is rehabbed.

JABEE

Don't make Selig look bad. He'll get you in the end. I'm surprised he's going so hard after a local boy though. I guess he feels betrayed. How could this happen in his own backyard?

He's the laughing stock of all commissioners. Even David Stern had a chuckle over The Great Urine Caper.

Friggz

Nightingale reported that yesterday. It would be amazing if they start granting immunity. I hope they do it. Hopefully MLB rewarding players for juicing will be the first step to full legalization.

im not necessarily pro juicing because it does have a negative effect on the human body (from what i understand) but other than that, i have no problem with it in the game.

Friggz

Don't make Selig look bad. He'll get you in the end. I'm surprised he's going so hard after a local boy though. I guess he feels betrayed. How could this happen in his own backyard?

He's the laughing stock of all commissioners. Even David Stern had a chuckle over The Great Urine Caper.

No way, if anything selig is the best commissioner of the 4 major sports.

rekameohs

Banned

Really? That's ridiculous.

No way, if anything selig is the best commissioner of the 4 major sports.

He's shit that's slightly less shitty than the other shit.

Friggz

I didnt say he was good...its just that the others are that bad.

I should have clarified that. He still sucks, but as someone said, hes less shitty than the other shit.

Parch

They can't keep giving Romero chances at the major league level. Not this year. Let him try and work it out in AAA. Good luck to him, but the way it's looking right now, he's thrown his last major league pitch.

eznark

Banned
There is less than zero chance of that happening if you read the second article. Best case scenario it is simply thrown out. Worst case scenario MLB gets hit with substantial fines for fishing and gets some poor sap lawyer severely sanctioned.

Top Bottom