• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Fenix

I am more impressed that the Angels found somebody to take Vernon Wells and pay him than I was when the Jays found somebody to take Vernon Wells and pay him.
If everything is true (Angels paying 29 million of the remaining 42), the Angels will have paid Wells $71,187,500 for:

791 PA
36 HR
.222 BA
.258 OBP
.667 OPS

-0.3 rWAR/1.1 fWAR

I would really love to know what kind of drugs Tony Reagins was on when he traded Mike Napoli in order for the right to absorb Vernon Wells' entire contract.

Indians released Daisuke Matsuzaka.

Soriano for Ramirez

ianlaughnbuv8.gif

Fenix

What's your carrying tool?
Probably like 50. I'm totally off the charts in grittiness though.

When I was moving out of my home I was going through some old documents and photos and found a "scouting report" from the Cal Ripken Baseball Camp that I'm sure was not inflated in any way to get parents to keep sending their kids there. Rated me 50-60 in all the categories, so they were obviously blind.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Probably like 50. I'm totally off the charts in grittiness though.

When I was moving out of my home I was going through some old documents and photos and found a "scouting report" from the Cal Ripken Baseball Camp that I'm sure was not inflated in any way to get parents to keep sending their kids there. Rated me 50-60 in all the categories, so they were obviously blind.
You never know though. How much talent separation is there really between you and, say, Willie Bloomquist?

Fenix

You never know though. How much talent separation is there really between you and, say, Willie Bloomquist?
Leagues.

Bloomquist made it through the minors and is in the Major Leagues. I probably couldn't get drafted if I were related to a GM.

Speaking of which, time to boot up RttS.

JABEE

Disappointed that d'Arnaud got optioned. Really want to see that kid.

That was a tough prospect to give up, but it was for Roy Halladay.

I think it him being optioned had more to do with getting an extra season of service out of him before free agency than his actual talent. From all the things I've heard, he's going to be pretty good.

Edit: The Yankees are crazy. This is coming from a Phillies fan, who would take on Vernon Wells's albatross of a contract?

Link

The Autumn Wind

I think it him being optioned had more to do with getting an extra season of service out of him before free agency than his actual talent. From all the things I've heard, he's going to be pretty good.
It did. Same with Zack Wheeler.

I heard that The Yankees are paying 10 mil of the remaining 42. Hopefully the pinstripes can have the same effect it did on Ibanez, Chavez, Jones, and Ichiro.

oh god oh no oh god no god why no god oh why.....

oh, and shut up Suzyn Waldman. "he's still Vernon Wells"
of course he fucking is! did he change his identity while we weren't looking?
if you had bothered to see all the numbers and reports you would know he is worth less than a bag of wet shit!

Okay guys, for Real-Pic Opening Day, we need the following things in your avatar:

1. Picture of you.
2. wearing Team hat/gear
3. with a Bottle of Ketchup or Mustard, depending on where you stand on the debate.

Are we gonna do this?

bryehn

What a crazy trade to wake up to. The Yankees do need bodies, but I'm sure they could find comparable talent at a much lower cost.

Blearth

Banned
Okay guys, for Real-Pic Opening Day, we need the following things in your avatar:

1. Picture of you.
2. wearing Team hat/gear
3. with a Bottle of Ketchup or Mustard, depending on where you stand on the debate.

Are we gonna do this?

I can't find my standard Giants cap. :(

Been rocking my backup hat for the last couple of weeks.

pMLB2-12584598dt.jpg

eznark

Banned

Edit: The Yankees are crazy. This is coming from a Phillies fan, who would take on Vernon Wells's albatross of a contract?

Obviously, I'm just looking forward to seeing him play. I love catching prospects. They may also be hoping that he figures out how to not get hurt. Oh well. It's be interesting to see if he can come close to his 2012 numbers in a non PCL park.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Selig: “I am done. I do understand some of the feeling out there, but I am done Dec. 31, 2014. That’s it.”

— Eric Fisher (@EricFisherSBJ) March 25, 2013
I'll believe when I see it.

1. Picture of you.
2. wearing Team hat/gear

Are we gonna do this?

I'll look dumb. I have a throwback hat but a current jersey. I could just go shirtless and show off my tattoo.

So Jeter seems to have officially turned 75 years old.

Yankees' best immediate options at shortstop:

- Eduardo Nunez

- Yuniesky Betancourt

- my avatar

I think we all know the answer here.

snoopy_baseball_display_image.jpg

Indians released Daisuke Matsuzaka.

Seems like the might still bring him back (based on an Indians.com article) if he'll accept a minor league assignment. More depth won't hurt especially with all the question marks in the rotation.

wells go to the bench. did they give boesch a minor league deal? if so, he gets stashed away to AAA. Or they trade wells and ichiro for swisher and admit their mistake.

Oh hell no.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/62847/pedro-feliciano-fails-to-make-mets-roster

Feliciano is being asked to spend a month in extended ST due to only throwing 82-85 on his FB. Basically it takes him out of the 2 LH reliever race and gives Robert Carson an edge (already on the 40) over Scott Rice (not on it).
The Giants are the only team Peanuts characters are to be associated with.

You know this, man.
Mets have been affilated with Peanuts characters due to Metlife® since the mid 80's. Deal with it.

Top Bottom