• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
at least the royals gave up some prospects that won't be ready for the big leagues until....opening day.

Why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

Royals why

3dpwj.jpg
3dpwj.jpg
3dpwj.jpg

Askani and Windu: yeah, holy shit. Frenchy will still be in RF next year when it could've been Wil Myers. :(:(:(. What the HELL. I guarantee if the Rays don't call up Myers for opening day, it'll be shortly thereafter.

It's true: hitting, defense and bullpen are all finally solid with the Royals for the first time in years. Starting pitching really is all the team is missing to compete in the mild AL Central. But fuuuck. :(

Askani

They can kiss my ass too. I refuse to spend any more money on the Chiefs for games or merch, and I think the Royals just made that list too.

Congrats, Sporting KC. You now get all of my sports dollars.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I just don't get it, man. Especially after all farmsystem dickriding, from their own organization advertisements even.
this was always my biggest concern with Dayton Moore and the Royals. I knew he was great at building up a farm system but he is terrible at trades and FA signings. You can't put a team together with just your farm system, you need to be able to bring in outside talent.

newjeruse

this was always my biggest concern with Dayton Moore and the Royals. I knew he was great at building up a farm system but he is terrible at trades and FA signings. You can't put a team together with just your farm system, you need to be able to bring in outside talent.
And most importantly, convert that farm system into major league wins.

Sanjuro

You guys are fucking absurd with your silly Pac-Man numbers. Yeah, sure...Lackey had a sub -2 WAR in his last complete season, but that number doesn't factor in the amazing .gifs he provided for the good of mankind.

jman2050

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Royals tried to trade Myers for Shields straight up. Rays said no. Weeks later, they arrived at the final six-player deal.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sanjuro

Holy shit, we are only paying Lackey $31 million for the next three seasons. That is an amazing bargin. Why did we get rid of Theo again?

Top Bottom