• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

iGMWxFirpZy2o.gif

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit. What a terrible, terrible trade. I'd hoped the Royals could rise like a phoenix and beat the shit out of the White Sox & Tigers while the Twins were down, but it doesn't seem like it's meant to be. I'm sorry, Royals fans.

devilhawk

The trade is awful.

That being said Montgomery will likely never see the majors and I do not see Odorizzi lasting on a major league rotation. The worst part is obviously the fact we are getting only 2 years worth of Shields for 6 years of Myers.

Should remind people that Montgomery was demoted from AAA to AA over the summer. He is inconsequential in this still atrocious deal.

CORRECTION

Shields' 2013 salary already went up to $10.5 million due to incentives. With the trade, his '13 salary goes up again, now to $11.25 million.

cashman

Banned
The trade is awful.

That being said Montgomery will likely never see the majors and I do not see Odorizzi lasting on a major league rotation. The worst part is obviously the fact we are getting only 2 years worth of Shields for 6 years of Myers.

Should remind people that Montgomery was demoted from AAA to AA over the summer. He is inconsequential in this still atrocious deal.

Patrick Leonard put up decent numbers as a 19 year old in the Appy league. He could be a big one in a few years.

Nice. ESPN.Com finally ditched their old comment system and now just uses Facebook integration for comments. That eliminates 99% of the troll garbage those threads always were.

I'm a royals diehard u babies whining cause we got raped wake up. U gotta give to get. We r always hearing xyz is gonna be the next george Brett or bottom or Braun. When has that happened uh never, sure Meyers might be a stud but we just got a dang good pitcher in shields and a solid 4 in Davis. We finally have st pitching. We always over value our prospects and they don't develop so let's get some the rays have groomed for us. Montgomery will never be good and odorizzi is a 3 at best

bluemax

Banned
This is a worse trade than Adam Jones and prospects for the Canadian Jay Cutler.

In other news the Dodgers are paying $7.3 million to Manny Ramirez and Andruw Jones next year.

This offseason has been hilarious.

Unless you're a Royals fan, of course, but they're so rare that they might as well be sacrificed for everyone else's amusement.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This offseason has been hilarious.

Unless you're a Royals fan, of course, but they're so rare that they might as well be sacrificed for everyone else's amusement.
I'm still waiting for the announcement that the Mets traded Dickey for some magic beans.

Top Bottom