• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

Branduil

Say hello to your new third baseman, Philly.

iq7njRItgCvao.gif

ibn6akMWItbiXo.gif

ibgSwy40JpHgBl.gif

im3rU3Ky3lB1C.gif

Indians and Reds are close to a trade that would send Shin-Soo Choo to the Reds for Drew Stubbs, Didi Gregorius, and another unknown player.

There are rumblings that the Indians would then spin Gregorius or Asdrubal Cabrera to the Diamondbacks for Justin Upton.

cashman

Banned
Indians and Reds are close to a trade that would send Shin-Soo Choo to the Reds for Drew Stubbs, Didi Gregorius, and another unknown player.

There are rumblings that the Indians would then spin Gregorius or Asdrubal Cabrera to the Diamondbacks for Justin Upton.

fuckfuckfuckfuck

jbug617

Banned

One less team interested in Ellsbury.

JABEE

Ahh I was wondering where the original source of that rumor was. Now I know to discard it, thanks!

Yep. I wouldn't doubt that the Phillies are interested in him. Manuel was talking to reporters the other day like there was another shoe still to drop.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

If the D-Backs give the Indigenous Persons Upton for fucking Asdrubal Cabrera, holy shit.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
4:20pm: There is now a three-team deal in the works between the Reds, Indians, and Diamondbacks, according to Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer (via Twitter). Cabrera is not involved in the discussions at this stage.
OOoooo

[KoRp]Jazzman;45319096 said:
What are your guys thoughts on the WBC and if its worth a trip down in March to Phoenix? Canada is playing the 8th-10th and tickets are actually far more reasonable then I thought they would be (60-100 for the Italy game and 60-200 for Mexico/USA games in Chase).

Just thinking if I can get a decently cheap flight down (shouldn't be that bad in March) and only have to drop like $100 a game, that could be an awesome mini vacation. I honestly can't remember watching the last one all that much, so I cant remember the quality of the games.

You should do it bro! Im thinking of going to see DR if they make the second round. I love seeing countries compete. I love baseball. I love the WBC. Should be a fun atmosphere.

Friggz

My only real request is for the Yanks to stick Youk's Spring Training locker next to Joba's and then film the whole thing.

Now they just need a catcher and right fielder!

rekameohs

Banned
I'm just hoping it's like 2010, where he kicked the tires with every single team and the rumors never stopped the whole offseason, and then nothing happened. I guess if there's a ridiculous overpay, then take it, but otherwise keep him and that tasty contract.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Rangers are crazy to not give up Elvis in an Upton trade.
uhh no.

Elvis

• 2011 4.4 fWAR
  • 2012 4.2 fWAR
  • 2013 $4,800,000
  • 2014 $6,475,000

Upton

• 2011 6.4 fWAR
  • 2012 2.5 fWAR

• 2013 $9,750,000
  • 2014 $14,250,000
  • 2015 $14,500,000

If you want Elvis, you won't get anything else along with him (the diamondbacks should probably send something Texas' way tbh), and don't get me started on Simmons for Upton, that right there is insane. (simmons will be a 4 win player and is under control for a long time).

cashman

Banned
uhh no.

Elvis

• 2011 4.4 fWAR
  • 2012 4.2 fWAR
  • 2013 $4,800,000
  • 2014 $6,475,000

Upton

• 2011 6.4 fWAR
  • 2012 2.5 fWAR

• 2013 $9,750,000
  • 2014 $14,250,000
  • 2015 $14,500,000

If you want Elvis, you won't get anything else along with him (the diamondbacks should probably send something Texas' way tbh), and don't get me started on Simmons for Upton, that right there is insane. (simmons will be a 4 win player and is under control for a long time).

The thinking is that Upton has 7-8 WAR upside, while these two shortstops max out around 4

Updated deal: Ken Rosenthal

Three-team trade, per source, will look like this: Choo, Jason Donald to #Reds, Gregorius to #Diamondbacks, Stubbs, AZ pitcher to #Indians.

Top Bottom