• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

dmag1223

Is Gregorius that good of a prospect? This looks like a really, really good deal for the Reds.
I really liked gregorious. His defense and arm are spectacular, but his offensive game is pretty raw. I think he has the upside to be an 800+ OPS guy but he needs some work.

Overall a great deal for the Reds. Thank Christ Stubbs sorry ass is gone.

BFIB

Damn. Reds aren't fucking around. Choo is going to rake in that bandbox.

Cards fighting for that 2nd wild card!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Yankees no
not sure why you are surprised, the evidence was clear where he was headed. He was transforming before our eyes.

zzraE.jpg

nuyVx.jpg

6oZeS.jpg

SOaUn.jpg

Did the Yankees fuck up with the YES Network? Dodgers got crazy money from Fox. Any numbers to compare?

When YES launched, Goldman Sachs owned a minority share of the network. In late 2003, the Yankees and Nets decided to part ways, with the Nets being sold to a group led by real-estate developer Bruce Ratner. This sale did not include the Nets' ownership stake in YES, which remained with the pre-merger owners of the team. As part of the sale, the Nets signed a long term deal to keep the team on YES. In 2004, YankeeNets was renamed Yankee Global Enterprises LLC, which owns the Yankees and YES as separate companies. Therefore, the Yankees technically do not own YES. The Yankees, however, receive a rights fee from YES that is somewhat higher than MSG previously paid. In 2007, the portion of the network owned by Goldman Sachs was put up for sale for estate taxes reasons;,[1] however, as of January 2012, it has not been sold.

In November 2012, News Corporation agreed to terms on a 49% stake in YES, pending approval by Major League Baseball. The deal, expected to close by the end of 2012 includes the option to allow News Corp. to acquire 80% of the network after three years

Just another reason to hate The Yankees.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Think now that the son is in control he just wants that paper

Olney is reporting the Mets made a new offer to Dickey: 2 years/$20 million. He's going to decline it. Olney speculates that means the original offer must have been 2 years/$15 million, which is Joe Blanton crap.

Also, for comparison's sake, the Dodgers gave Brandon League more money than the Mets are offering Dickey. The Mets are really penny-pinching here since it's speculative that all it would take to re-sign him would be $30 million.

Link

The Autumn Wind
That 2/20 offer is a couple of days old. Word out of the Dickey camp is they're looking for 2/26. I think it'll get done by the end of the week now that everything is going public.

That 2/20 offer is a couple of days old. Word out of the Dickey camp is they're looking for 2/26. I think it'll get done by the end of the week now that everything is going public.
Mets have offered 2/25 so theyre getting there. Oh its the same deal ur reporting. I forgot about this. So its 3/25.

Maxim726X

Olney is reporting the Mets made a new offer to Dickey: 2 years/$20 million. He's going to decline it. Olney speculates that means the original offer must have been 2 years/$15 million, which is Joe Blanton crap.

Also, for comparison's sake, the Dodgers gave Brandon League more money than the Mets are offering Dickey. The Mets are really penny-pinching here since it's speculative that all it would take to re-sign him would be $30 million.

They want to trade him, it's painfully obvious... And it's the right thing to do.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sherman saying every single team in the AL East has called the Mets about Dickey.
Man I'd love to see the Rays get him. With his 5 mil salary its totally doable.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Sherman saying every single team in the AL East has called the Mets about Dickey.
Man I'd love to see the Rays get him. With his 5 mil salary its totally doable.

Rays don't need more pitching though, we need some sort of offense. Though I do agree, it would be cool to have Dickey on the team.

sangreal

Did the Yankees fuck up with the YES Network? Dodgers got crazy money from Fox. Any numbers to compare?

I posted about this before, but I don't think it's possible to compare. The team gets less guaranteed per year for the broadcast rights, but their parent also owns a large stake in the network (even if/when news corp takes 80%) so in theory should get a cut of the profits on top of the payment

Forgot

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA Yankees LOLOLOLOLOL

Let's see how their fans try and spin this.

Meh, even if it's the dimished Youk from last year, it's better at 3B than Nunez the butcher (who will remain Jeter's caddy at SS until and including after he comes back).

1 year deals for everyone too...when all these guys come off the books next year, we will sign everyone.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That trade has already been called a long shot and something that probably won't happen.

RAJ couldn't possibly be THAT fucking stupid.

Oh and apparently Soriano was shopped to the Astros but they "can't afford him". According to some tweeter. They have bunch of room, just not for an old broken ass player.

I wonder what the official Hearing Aid of the New York Yankees™ will be.

They'll be running the bases on their Hoverounds.

jakncoke

Banned
In the paper today is said the dbags were disenchanted with Trevor Bauers pregame routines or some shit. What does he do pregame?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
•Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports argues that the Yankees' strategy of slightly overpaying for free agents on one-year deals hasn't resulted in an improved team this offseason. Morosi wonders why GM Brian Cashman hasn't obtained a power bat for the outfield such as Justin Upton, Jason Kubel or Michael Morse.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/quick-hits-yankees-upton-marcum.html
yeah Mr. Cashman, why haven't you called up a team and demanded they give you their good players for shit in return? horrible gm if you ask me. I mean you run the Yankees, teams should just bow to your wishes.

Maxim726X

yeah Mr. Cashman, why haven't you called up a team and demanded they give you their good players for shit in return? horrible gm if you ask me. I mean you run the Yankees, teams should just bow to your wishes.

Yeah that was a dumb article.

Landscape of the game is changing. Looks like teams are more interested in extending their young talent as opposed to letting them go via free agency. This year and next years FA class is proof of that.

Top Bottom