• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

eliochip

Look at them.

IGP490s.jpg

Not impressive.

dat-ass-pikachu.jpg

The boxart alone makes me wanna get this game. I'm not even into baseball.

I just tried pre-ordering this on the PlayStation store and apparently Sony charges you immediately. Am I the only one that has a problem with this? I'm not in the habit of giving out interest free loans to large corporations.

Not only that but my account has 'Automatically Add Funds to Renew Subscriptions or Pay for Pre-ordered Content' set to 'No'.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm thinking of picking this up for $38 on the Vita over at Pop n games. I'm not sure if it's totally worth checking out. I was a huge baseball fan growing up and haven't really played baseball games since SNES.

CrovaxPSO

I'm thinking of picking this up for $38 on the Vita over at Pop n games. I'm not sure if it's totally worth checking out. I was a huge baseball fan growing up and haven't really played baseball games since SNES.

I think The Show 12 and 13 on Vita are basically the same game besides roster updates, and you can get those for pretty cheap if you just want to see if it's something you'd like.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yeah, I know it's not just roster updates, but since he wasn't sure about buying 14 at full price, the mechanics between 13 and 14 (I didn't play 12) are pretty much the same, and I think you can find 13 for around $10. There's a full list of improvements at http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?p=199611 to see if he thinks it's worth the upgrade.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MLB-12-The-...4394?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a8ca40c0a

2012 is like $6. I picked it up. $6 Not bad.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/29/mlb-12-the-show-review/ Joystiq liked it.

They don't update rosters do they? I haven't understood players since the McGwire roid race. lol I use to frequent Steak houses down in Missouri with his jersey on.

Dang, $10 more I could of got the 5 star Joystiq reviewed 2013. Maybe next time. If I like it enough I'll splurge for 2014. 2013 got 4.5/5. I'm not normally like this, but with sport games you have to be sure.

Sun Drugs

I'm loving hitting in RttS. Pitchers actually pitch well this year. I am walking and striking a lot more, it feels much more balanced this year.The only thing I have not seen improved are CPU fielding throws. Everything is always on target and on time. Tweaking the sliders helps it only slightly.

I just tried pre-ordering this on the PlayStation store and apparently Sony charges you immediately. Am I the only one that has a problem with this? I'm not in the habit of giving out interest free loans to large corporations.

Not only that but my account has 'Automatically Add Funds to Renew Subscriptions or Pay for Pre-ordered Content' set to 'No'.

This is nothing new at all for preordering digital content. Steam does it.

Not sure what that Pay for preorder content setting is. If you order, you pay. If you don't want them to have your cash before receiving the product you need to just wait for the game to come out.

How is the Vita version? I'm thinking about picking up a Vita next month with the new BL2 deal and one of the big draws for me is portable The Show. I played a ton of the Show on the regular PSP.

banjo5150

How is the Vita version? I'm thinking about picking up a Vita next month with the new BL2 deal and one of the big draws for me is portable The Show. I played a ton of the Show on the regular PSP.

I bought 14 and really enjoying it. I bought 12 skipped 13, 14 is light years ahead of 12. 12 was their first go on Vita. I was all on 14 for cross save with PS4 version, also to have the ability to carry saves into 15. On that note cant wait till May 6 when the PS4 ver drops.

I absolutely love me some baseball. When I was younger I did not care much for it, was way to slow of a game for me. Since I am older with a very hectic life, it is just a awesome sport to watch unfold, it is definitely a thinking mans game. Go Reds!!!

I was looking for information on cross save between the Vita and PS4 versions. Didn't see it in the OP but it looks like it's actually a thing? I might have to grab both of these...

Dunan

Haven't attempted a The Show baseball game since 2009 and my raised-on-90s-classics self couldn't handle the new control mechanics, but I'd like to give it another shot, hopefully on the Vita.

Can you create your own franchise, stadium, uniforms, etc. in The Show, or just a player? I'm more interested in running a team than trying to get one guy to the majors.

And how far back does onine play go? They shut the servers off quickly, don't they?

It's great! Playing live games while watching the same game is pretty awesome.
I don't miss online play cause it always took forever and was choppy/people would quit when they were losing, etc.
Good decision removing it IMO.

It was one of the main reasons I bought a Vita as well. Got sick of f2p iphone baseball games.
Looks and plays better than the PSP games (obviously)

4qxS88r.jpg

Go Braves!!

the random pitch count mode sounds kind of cool as long as it's balanced for both teams. it would kind of suck if i got more 0-2 counts to start or something. not sure if its totally random or if there is a set number of the various counts you will get. it would also suck if i kept getting 0-2 counts for guys in the heart of the order

So the PS4 version is only a few days away and things are kinda quiet. I hope the game doesn't disappoint.

Couple of people have it on Operation Sports. They say it's probably not the giant leap for the series that people were expecting but it still has the same quality.

Apparently the biggest gripe are longer loading times.

I will hopefully have a copy tomorrow.

Orca

They put it out here on Tuesday. I didn't pick it up, wasn't getting this year's version at all, so I didn't realize it was that early.

It's great! Playing live games while watching the same game is pretty awesome.
I don't miss online play cause it always took forever and was choppy/people would quit when they were losing, etc.
Good decision removing it IMO.

It was one of the main reasons I bought a Vita as well. Got sick of f2p iphone baseball games.
Looks and plays better than the PSP games (obviously)

4qxS88r.jpg

Go Braves!!

Does it have the same features of the PS3 version, or is it missing anything? I haven't played a baseball since Ken Grifey jr. on the SNES. Would love a portable The Show.

I love the Show and it looks good. But you still see the last gen roots when watching the stream. With PS3 software sales falling of a cliff, I sure hope they ditch the PS3 version soon.

Top Bottom