• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So, this Vita version.

Am I earning stubs? Where can I spend them? I get XP after every game, where does it go? What does it do? Vita feels very bare bones.

So, this Vita version.

Am I earning stubs? Where can I spend them? I get XP after every game, where does it go? What does it do? Vita feels very bare bones.

Vita has most of the features of the console version. Not sure how to use the stubs and I'm not sure XP has any use besides online matchmaking.

Lrrr

I love the Show and it looks good. But you still see the last gen roots when watching the stream. With PS3 software sales falling of a cliff, I sure hope they ditch the PS3 version soon.

This. The lighting was good and the new dynamic camera after hitting the ball was fluid and natural, but other than that, it seemed to play exactly like the PS3 version.

So, this Vita version.

You are earning them and there is a store somewhere. I remember finding it when I first bought the game. I'm not near my Vita, otherwise I'd look for it.

Does it have the same features of the PS3 version, or is it missing anything? I haven't played a baseball since Ken Grifey jr. on the SNES. Would love a portable The Show.

Well I haven't played the PS3 games so I have no frame of reference for what's missing.

You can create a player, do road to the show, exhibition, season mode, minor league teams, there's a home run derby mode that you can play online if you want... It seems pretty full featured.
What things are you wanting to know about? It might be better to answer specific questions since I don't have a PS3.

Edit- Maybe some players ITT that have both versions would be able to tell you better than I could.

dreamfall

Oooooooo.

If I can pull away from Dark Souls 2, I'll be around to play it.

I'm so looking forward to the slow burn of lengthy late games that transition into the dead of night. Oh, summer baseball. I love thee.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm getting this and I'm going into it blind. Last show I played was the launch date version on the Vita.

Busch Stadium looks absolutely fantastic.

Not lying, it's the main reason I'm thinking about buying this.

Haven't played a baseball game since Triple Play 98 on PS1, but whenever I see Busch Stadium in the trailers I geek out and want it.

NHale

Its too quiet on the Euro/UK front regarding this game.

Dont let me down SCEE.

Well they released the PS3/Vita versions on the store but only announced it 1 day before release, so I'm guessing this isn't going to be any different (last year was the same as well). It also doesn't make sense not to release the PS4 version when the others are available on the store.

I'm just going to buy it from the Canadian Store and save 10€ at least. I'm certain the PS4 version isn't going to be cheaper than the PS3 version... now where is that preload option Sony?

Leg-End

Yeah the lack of UK/EU digital price info forced me into importing it, I mean I got it for £38 delivered from Canada, digital isn't going to beat that price.

BFIB

Yea I agree. Reading some impressions at Operation Sports they are saying it's pretty much the PS3 version with some better graphics. Guess we will have to wait for next year for a true leap.

I kind of expected that this year. Its pretty much the transition year. Remember that jump from MLB '07 to '08? I expect that next year. But the graphics to me, look great.

But, the core gameplay is still fantastic. Road to The Show is worth it alone.

iamjohn

In what regards?

Every animation looks to be the same from previous years, gameplay looks to have been barely touched, and the graphics really aren't doing that much for me. I'll still buy, but this isn't what I was hoping to see.

FYI: The gameplay is GOOD but it does start to get pretty stale when you've played every iteration of the Show since 2010.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah for just over £5 more I'll take the physical copy and have some re-sale value.

Yeah not buying physical anymore really, remote play is a big reason why. No reason to get the Vita version of the game with RP now since I can't play on my commute.

CozMick

Banned
Every animation looks to be the same from previous years, gameplay looks to have been barely touched, and the graphics really aren't doing that much for me. I'll still buy, but this isn't what I was hoping to see.

FYI: The gameplay is GOOD but it does start to get pretty stale when you've played every iteration of the Show since 2010.

Point made and understood.

Kinda glad this will be my first iteration and hopefully the devs up their game next year and go current gen only.

So this comes out on tuesday right? Cant wait, will be my first baseball game since MLB 2000 on N64 lol and my first sports game in years...hopefully I can get up to speed quickly! I need my sports fix hah. Trading Battlefield towards it ugh regret picking that up :/

turnbuckle

Is there no preorder bonus? I want to preorder, but there's no incentive.

you can get a free custom controller skin from amazon for preordering. other than that.... nothing!

That's not true - Gamestop is offering $20 value of in-game currency if you pre-order.

Gamestop - MLB The Show 14 PS4

150035_bonusLG.jpg

Saganator

I honestly didn't expect any significant changes. I don't recall them saying anything about big changes to the game play, just prettier and a few little things like Quick Count and Player Lock. Fine by me, I'm happy to have a baseball game to play on my PS4 finally!

Beboh13

Banned
Isn't this game 60fps now? I consider that a huge leap over the PS3 version. My biggest complaint for the Show has always been the poor frame rate.

Marleyman

Banned
Yea I agree. Reading some impressions at Operation Sports they are saying it's pretty much the PS3 version with some better graphics. Guess we will have to wait for next year for a true leap.

I just want a better net code. Baseball is one game that truly needs accuracy online and the Show has continued to suck at this. The PS3 version is the same way; shitty lag.

SRTtoZ

For us people who buy the game year after year I'd say my biggest want is new commentary. Matt Vaskergithriiejrnfn isn't doing it for me anymore.

Top Bottom