• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

PreFire

Speaking of that...is there a way to disable that "recording has stopped/resumed" notification pop up?

I think you have to disable system notifications

It was annoying me at first, but after 5 days, I'm used to it.

Here's my created team in diamond dynasty. Logos took forever to make. The Batmen

1ce02e1640745a408ec2c420fd3de031.jpg

13529b4883f522ee7efad11a50d6aed7.jpg

77e489eb4d29b00b9e8f045637958783.jpg

6bba7d1d303531910c8dab2af338398c.jpg

001b60abdf7d35ec97e5cc37c3e5eb81.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
My vita review for the Vita Lounge won't be up until next week. Sony withheld review copies until RD so we can have a solid impression of online play.

Just use your review from last year. That's what SDS did.

Kalkano

Banned
I skipped last year, and am skipping again this year. There are some good improvements, but they are all outweighed by the lack of Sounds of the Show. I've thought about getting the PS3 version, but knowing that neither version is the "definitive" version just makes me pass.

eznark

Banned
I skipped last year, and am skipping again this year. There are some good improvements, but they are all outweighed by the lack of Sounds of the Show. I've thought about getting the PS3 version, but knowing that neither version is the "definitive" version just makes me pass.

serious? That's what is keeping you from buying the game? That's amazing!

ukas

Doesn't Sony's "online functionality for 1 year only" business scheme worry any of you?

The aren't pulling the plug now. Read at the bottom of the article.

http://t.co/NEaTOP2Y8D

Global server operation for MLB 14 The Show will be extended beyond June 18th. The timeline for when resources are diverted from the previous season’s online functionality is a difficult decision year in and year out, and not one we take lightly. In the case of MLB 14, we’ve heard your voices and your passion for The Show and we thank you for it. We will continue to support MLB 14 online for a duration that is comparable to earlier seasons. We’ll confirm a new later online shutdown date in the near future.

Wait... so the Vita version is only downloadable.. ok thats cool.. but with GCU at Best Buy its only gonna cost me $15.99?? Normally the discount does not apply to digital stuff but based on adding it to my online cart it does apply to this.

Welp.. guess its off to BB

Technically still a physical release since Best Buy doesn't send you a digital code...they'll actually mail you a vita game case with a code slip in it (similar to Minecraft).

The same thing applied to Minecraft Vita and Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris if I remember correctly.

EDIT: That Batman logo...

seal-voice.gif

phierce

Maybe a dumb question, but just wanting to make sure since I can't find any definitive answer online.

Can you play your PS4 save on Vita this year?

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty First Look & Initial Impressions

Diamond Dynasty “Distilled” was the term San Diego Studios used when introducing their new ultimate team mode in MLB 15 The Show and it definitely lives up to its name. This mode has been greatly improved through simplification, intuitiveness, and overall ease of acquiring cards. No longer do users have to worry about messing with fictional “dynasty” players (except the one dynasty player every team has) or running out of games played. Once you acquire a player then you have him forever, unless you sell or feed that card to your one created “dynasty” player.

Presentation and Menus: The menus are much easier to roam due to overall less to choose from and simplification. Your team management is all located within your “My Squad” and you can then add any other player from your collections to your 25 man roster. You can also generate a best lineup and rotation which helps build a base for your 25 man roster. The marketplace is self explanatory and easy to use with buy/sell orders. The logo and team uniform customization is back again and is pretty much the same as the last three years, which is a great thing. Users can also download logos via the logo vault. Overall, it will not take users long to figure out the menus and get started building their teams.

Standings are exactly the same as in past and work just as well. I’ve always enjoyed how the leaderboards for Diamond Dynasty worked and how it has a unique spin on it. Teams can also earn patches when they promote or earn an achievement and this adds to the overall presentation of the mode.

Collections are also back, but this time you can earn historic and legendary players once you complete a teams’ collection. This will add a lot of depth to the mode as it will take users quite a while to complete these and will make opening packs that much more addicting.

Something also to note that adds to the presentation is the licensed equipment you can equip on your created “dynasty” player for attribute increases. It acts an RPG element and is similar to your own “Road to the Show” player you can use offline.

Diamond dynasty looks like a hit this year.

BFIB

Anyone else having letterbox issues? I can't find a way to get the game to play at fullscreen. Help?!

Under the audio/video settings there should be a "vertical" and "horizontal" option w/ a slider. I have to adjust mine every year also.

winjet81

New to the series. Is there a head-to-head local or online option for Vita?

Would like to play vs. my friends and not just the CPU, but not sure of the depth of the vita versions' features.

Based on impressions from someone in here who was installing from a disc last night, I will say yes.

I had the digital version preloaded so mine was already installed when it unlocked.
Well that's a +1 for preloading although it's obviously too late now lol. The installing time for last year's was GTA5 x 10, it was so bad. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I knew that was possible. Was just hoping for one to disable notifications about recordings. Oh well.

There is one for just this recording. You don't have to turn off all notifications.

Go to the Share Menu, then press the Options button, then Share Settings, then Video Clip Settings, then uncheck the box for Display Icon for Blocked Scenes

Pop

I think you have to disable system notifications

It was annoying me at first, but after 5 days, I'm used to it.

Here's my created team in diamond dynasty. Logos took forever to make. The Batmen

1ce02e1640745a408ec2c420fd3de031.jpg

13529b4883f522ee7efad11a50d6aed7.jpg

77e489eb4d29b00b9e8f045637958783.jpg

6bba7d1d303531910c8dab2af338398c.jpg

001b60abdf7d35ec97e5cc37c3e5eb81.jpg

That's some serious talent.

Looks great

Lingitiz

I have no idea why I rebuy this every year. I literally do nothing but play Road to the Show.

Hopping directly into RTTS made 14 and 15 feel super similar to me, just because I'm not starting over from scratch like usual. I know the changes are there but it's hard to ignore how incremental the changes are, even if they are greatly welcomed.

weevles

Still anxiously waiting for my copy to arrive from best buy . com. I keep buying this game every year because it's the only game with a create-a-player feature that not only has my surname, but an audio sample of the announcer saying my full name, first and last. :p

Still anxiously waiting for my copy to arrive from best buy.com. I keep buying this game every year because it's the only game with a create-a-player feature that not only has my surname, but an audio sample of the announcer saying my full name, first and last. :p

Me too! They have my last name 'Meier' spelled AND pronounced correctly

I'm really interested to know how the online stability has been as well.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty confident in saying it will be as bad as last year.

I feel like when they actually make a big improvement to the netcode that will be heavily advertised/discussed. They've been quiet on it this year aside from the typical "we're working on it" which makes me believe nothing has really changed

Kalkano

Banned
serious? That's what is keeping you from buying the game? That's amazing!

It absolutely decimates the atmosphere of the games, when it's gone. I usually add songs for my home stadium, but don't take the time to add them for the road. That makes me really love playing at home.

eznark

Banned
It absolutely decimates the atmosphere of the games, when it's gone. I usually add songs for my home stadium, but don't take the time to add them for the road. That makes me really love playing at home.

That's cool. I don't remember the last time I even had audio on for a sports game and I'm pretty sure Fast Play or whatever they call it removes that stuff anyway.

I assume this feature will come back whenever the PS4 gets the ability to actually store and play MP3s from its own drive rather than a USB stick

I am impressed with the graphical upgrade.Dude the dirt gets kicked up from feet, from balls, The lighting is amazing, and reminds me why NBA 2K took such a huge step back graphically this year. Its all about the lighting.

The fielding is so much fun now. Pitching is a little bit harder.

I read some stuff about a new option for cut-off plays.

Can someone explain that?

Edit:

The Trophy description:

Cut. It. Out.

Use the new mid-flight cutoff feature while on defense. Excludes Community Challenges mode.

Played one game at midnight last night. Adjusted all my setting and played a game against the CPU. All-Star hitting, HoF pitching. I played as the Reds and played the Cubs. Lost 6-3 in the 9th. Popped two homers in the game and it was as satisfying as ever. I swear no sports game captures that feel better than The Show.

Top Bottom