• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

Guys!!

No hitter! In DD.

YZrlcU5.jpg

Also, been playing a lot better since I vented my frustrations a few days ago. It's like the lightbulb went off.

We should play sometime, you'd probably beat me and my stacked lineup and shoot up in ratings forever

I'm at like 1651

Lol I can't believe the guy bunted at the end to try and break up the no hitter.

Oh I can. He tried it numerous times throughout the game.

We should play sometime, you'd probably beat me and my stacked lineup and shoot up in ratings forever

I'm at like 1651

Sure. I'm not the best hitter but I think my pitching is pretty good. I'm so confident in it that my best pitcher is only rated 84. Also, I throw out of the zone on purpose. I like my opponents to know I'm willing to do that. I get messages sometime from people expecting me to throw strikes all the time. You have to learn to take walks.

Back to me playing better, it was simply a philosophy change. I went from anticipating fastballs and reacting to breaking balls to the opposite.

Any details on it?

http://t.co/0KQJ3y0BmO

(All of these changes are for the PS3 and PS4)

1.Offline/Online - Fixed the issue causing runners to be left on base after a home run. This would happen any time a user runner went half way and was stopped when the ball went over the fence and was a called a HR
2.Offline/Online - CPU or User would attempt to advance after a high infield fly ball was caught. Defender would use a casual throw to the next base, but it would be too slow and the runner would often be safe
3.Intentional walk exploit fixed – Calling for an intentional walk after the baserunner leads off causes the baserunner to take additional steps and getting thrown out easily.
4.Online - New Action shots for 50 players, to be seen on Player cards in Collections and Diamond Dynasty mode.
5.Online - Collections screen now save and load the last page you were on, making buying and selling cards more streamlined.
6.Online - Tuning to Online Gameplay - These fixes are all intended to stabilize online gameplay and eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes and hangs that lead to standoffs.
7.Offline/Online - Foul/Fair ball detection in CHI White Sox - 3rd base line
8.Online - HBP/avoid and pitcher ejection issue - One user would get a HBP reaction and ejected, the other user would not resulting in a freeze.
9.Online – When defensive shifts would occur in an online game, the OSD’s were inaccurate. Fix for Defensive Positioning drop down to reflect the current defense.
10.Online/Offline - Reduce the success rate of bunts
11.Offline - Fixed retail crash while simulating through Franchise mode. Occurrences described below:
a.Crashes when simulation far in the future
b.Crash when autosaving following very specific injury sequences
c.Crash when simming through certain pinch hit appearances
d.Crash when entering the amateur draft
12.Offline - Fixed a low frequency retail crash in RTTS player editor.
13.Offline - Fenway red seat added in the right field bleachers.
14.Online - Restricting batting views for online games per Design - if user has batting view that is restricted, force batting view to catcher - don't give user restricted views for batting view
15.Online - issues with take it yourself plays at first base online have been resolved.
16.Online – Numerous online gameplay stability checks to eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes.
17.Online - Resolving guess pitch on defensive machine and forcing offense machine to use data from defense machine
18.Offline – Changed the art of the Injured icon (Franchise/Season)
19.Online -Adding additional entitlements to the show shop, to allow for future promotional packs
20.Online/Offline – AI check that was not allowing for early moving catches
21.Offline - Fix for crowd catching flyball vs. fielder catching robbable balls - don't allow ball to attach to crowd if already attached to a player
22.Online Franchise/Diamond Dynasty – Play by Play audio code has been modified to exclude filling in career stats for Arena mode (DD) and League Mode. They get filled in for MLB season mode only. Online modes career data was incorrect.
23.Online - Adding one more minute to the online Pause menu countdown

#10 is bullshit

and I wish they would let us turn off the fucking strike zone in DD....

aro52

^^^ Thank goodness for #5. Makes power selling/buying much faster; less annoying.

I wonder if #21 makes those two robbing HR / foul ball trophies easier.

^^^ Thank goodness for #5. Makes power selling/buying much faster; less annoying.

I wonder if #21 makes those two robbing HR / foul ball trophies easier.
I hope they have a screen for duplicate cards or ones you can sell in your collection eventually

IvanJ

Banned
Selling cards just became infinitely easier, I don't have to press R1/L1 two billion times to sell a player anymore.

Question about the pitching.

I haven't played any MLB game for years until now. Although my created pitcher is decent, I cannot seem to get him to hit his zone anymore. I have the difficulty set to Dynamic (I think I'm at All-Star ++), and using the pitching meter. What would you suggest I upgrade first with my training points? I've tried putting the majority into each pitch control, but I'm seeing very minor results.

Just got The Show on Friday and started my Road To The Show.

Destroyed the try-out series and got picked as a 2B/SS by the Royals in the 1st round. Tore up AA for like 10 games and got called up to AAA right off. DH'd for the AAA team and did horrible. Hit about .240, OBP around .290, a couple homers, a bunch of triples (my speed is insanely high) and a bunch of stolen bases.

For some reason get called up to the majors in late July and basically pinch run (with a couple starts at SS) for the rest of the season. It was bizarre because most of the time when I play, it takes forever for whatever team I have to call me up. My stat line was ridiculous because I finished the season with like a .250 average but I was something like 3 for 12. I however had something ridiculous like 10 runs scored and 15 stolen bases.

TheSoed

Random specific question for anyone who might know:

(FYI: I'm playing the game on the Vita)

If I've started a season and then downloaded updated rosters from online, can I plug in those rosters into my current season, or would I have to start the season over?

I'm fearing it's the latter, but I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I've played The Show regularly so lots of things are new to me.

Just got The Show on Friday and started my Road To The Show.

Destroyed the try-out series and got picked as a 2B/SS by the Royals in the 1st round. Tore up AA for like 10 games and got called up to AAA right off. DH'd for the AAA team and did horrible. Hit about .240, OBP around .290, a couple homers, a bunch of triples (my speed is insanely high) and a bunch of stolen bases.

For some reason get called up to the majors in late July and basically pinch run (with a couple starts at SS) for the rest of the season. It was bizarre because most of the time when I play, it takes forever for whatever team I have to call me up. My stat line was ridiculous because I finished the season with like a .250 average but I was something like 3 for 12. I however had something ridiculous like 10 runs scored and 15 stolen bases.

How did you get so much speed that early on? It has taken me a full season to really round out my player. I probably should have focused more on speed early on, but chicks dig the long ball.

I'm still only batting .239 for the season. Good power and extra base hit stats, decent amount of RBIs, but I've been climbing up on the average since starting the season in a big slump.

How did you get so much speed that early on? It has taken me a full season to really round out my player. I probably should have focused more on speed early on, but chicks dig the long ball.

I'm still only batting .239 for the season. Good power and extra base hit stats, decent amount of RBIs, but I've been climbing up on the average since starting the season in a big slump.

When you make your player and you get to decide how your stats are going to be spread out, I put two bars into speed and early on focused my training on speed/base stealing. I hit lots of triples and get lots of stolen bases but it really sucks to be in the majors just to be a pinch runner when I could be in AAA starting to hit better.

is there any way to stop the dam CPU from forcing people i purposely have in AAA from going to MLB *and i have to put them back) when they have 0 options left and screwing me over b/c they auto go to waivers?

i've always had "Roster Moves" set to manual and every single season during Franchise the CPU will make the decision on call ups and send downs when it does that bullshit "everyone on the 40 man list is in MLB" for spring training, the only time it doesn't do it 100% of the time is after the minor league playoffs

Think I found a DD team and lineup that I'm satisfied with.

1. Jose Reyes
2. Matt Carpenter
3. Joey Votto
4. Bryce Harper
5. Yasil Puig
6. Jason Kipnis
7. Michael Brantley
8. Johnny Bench
9. Pitcher

Think I found a DD team and lineup that I'm satisfied with.

1. Jose Reyes
2. Matt Carpenter
3. Joey Votto
4. Bryce Harper
5. Yasil Puig
6. Jason Kipnis
7. Michael Brantley
8. Johnny Bench
9. Pitcher

Literally just saw this post somewhere else on the Internets lol

Haha. I've been lurking there since like 2003. I'm so addicted to this mode though, I want to talk about it more.
Exactly why I started posting there again too lol

Also tried to see if anyone there was aware of this mega douchebag I has to face the other night

Patch v1.04 is out now for PS4 and PS3. Mostly online fixes. 799.5 MB

When using the Player Lock feature in Exhibition, Season, or Franchise modes, the user was unable to perform a dive or jump animation when inputting the command. This has been fixed for all modes.

Online specific changes:

During an online game, when a ball is hit directly at and fielded by the 1st baseman, tapping the circle button triggers the fielder to “take it himself” to 1st base. This was resulting in the offensive user not seeing the fielder run to the base and tagging it. He would only see the fielder standing in place (where he fielded the ball) but the out would be recorded when the play timed out. This has been fixed on this version of the patch.

During an online game, in a very rare and timing specific situation, the game would post the wrong win/loss result if the very last out was recorded on a force out play at the same time a runner was crossing home plate (that would have tied the game). The most common occurrence of this involved the bases being loaded, and the last out being recorded at 1st base, just as the tying run would cross the plate. This has been fixed, and games will post correctly when ending on this type of play.

During an online game, a hang/standoff could occur if the batter called for a timeout at the exact time that the pitching user was giving the input to select a pitch type. This situation was rare, due to the timing, but encountered frequently enough to warrant code reconstruction to resolve this. This has been resolved on this version of the patch.

Within an Online Challenge of the Week game session, users were able to bat from an outfield/pitcher view perspective. This was giving users an advantage, as they could see where the catcher was setting up (giving away the pitch location). Users are no longer able to bat with an outfield/pitcher view perspective in Challenge of the Week mode.

Following an extended period of offline gameplay (resulting in the accumulation of XP and stubs), users were encountering an issue where their universal profile was syncing to a system level user, instead of a PSN user. Their amount of XP and stubs were not syncing as expected during the log-in process. This has been fixed.

http://forums.theshownation.com/for...vailable-now-6-12-15-server-side-update-notes

I had a quick question. Are you able to move your franchise between Vita and PS4?

Also, where do you go to download the new rosters each week?

Thanks!

Yes you can move your franchise.

i think it auto downloads the new rosters every Monday. Not sure. I haven't used any other rosters in a while.

I have to be doing something wrong with rosters. When I save it seems to save another roster.

It also saved over my current franchise when choosing a new one even though I clicked a blank slot... This stuff seems really shittily made.

Top Bottom