• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

BFIB

Used Armor and Swords slider set, but since I have to slow the pitch speed, I also adusted timing down one, contact by 2, power by 2, and upped the foul ball frequency by one (human slider, not CPU).

So far, seeing a lot more realistic results, and had a comeback being down by 2 in the 9th.

Fantastic game, and the lighting continues to make my jaw drop.

Stolen base cheese still exists. Dude doesn't even have a lead, I throw a pitch out and a dart to second on target, and an 80 speed guy still steals? GTFO

Yea, this guy was right at the bag when my catcher threw, I had no chance, and he was able to run back to first on pitchouts =/

Are you guys spending money on packs in DD? Pull in great cards? I had a David Ortiz and although I wanted Ted Williams eventually I sold him because he kept jerking it in the field with his 43 fielding rating. I do have an F-Rod and my created self is 98.

I used my earned points to pick up a few packs, and landed Troy Tulowitzki. I immediately flipped him for 55,000 stubs. Since I don't even play DD, all that is going into cheesing up my RTTS players.

Sometimes I wonder if I should start saving up stubs. Getting to 1000 isn't that hard for me...and every time I spend 1000 to get a pack all I get is commons and bronzes

I caught the ball in foul territory, left field

This guy thought it would land so he took his runner starting at first base...he had already rounded 2nd when I caught the ball with Cliff Floyd

He made it back to first well before I threw to the cutoff man and to first

Are you fucking kidding me?

I think I would like this game 50% less if I gave a crap about DD or played frequently online. In the GAF league, I feel like I can depend on people avoiding excess cheese outside of some uncontrollable game glitch. The two times I tried DD were hilariously bad, with dudes bunting and stealing non-stop.

/nope.gif

Sometimes I wonder if I should start saving up stubs. Getting to 1000 isn't that hard for me...and every time I spend 1000 to get a pack all I get is commons and bronzes

It's that thought of getting a Diamond card that keeps me coming back for more packs. One diamond card and you can have a team of all golds.

Xater

I'd like to play some people I could play with from time to time. Anyone else here that plays during times that would be in the middle of the night for me as a European? :p

Striker

I learned the hard way that you don't get the other pitches added. You have to go to the training screen and scroll down to where your pitches are, then hit triangle to add them manually. It costs 300 points to add a pitch, but I think they start out at around 30 rating in all three categories. So you'll need to work them up. Unless you have a bunch of points or are buying them with game breakers, I'd suggest building up your three starting pitches and other important ratings first (e.g. stamina, H/9, BB/9, SO/9, etc.).
I noticed that today. I am mostly filling up my H/9 and SO/9 at the moment. I think my BB/9 is pretty steady; it's at 58 or something. Trying to get my primary pitch up as well (sinker). Does increasing velocity effect stamina? I haven't been saving up points and I use them when I can. Stamina needs built up as once I hit 100 pitches I get tired and get pulled right after.

Good thing is I got called up to Triple-A after five games.

Here is the MLB Skin-it for preordering. I put the handle parts on but every time I griped it, I could feel the elevated difference and it drove me nuts so I peeled them off.

lYj7CSr.jpg

v1lla21

Here is the MLB Skin-it for preordering. I put the handle parts on but every time I griped it, I could feel the elevated difference and it drove me nuts so I peeled them off.

lYj7CSr.jpg
I did the same on mine.

I fucking hate the bunting and base stealing in the game. It's broken.

zulux21

edit: just realized I had the wrong mlb thread lol.

so for this thread, is there any word on when the stamp stuff will get fixed?

My last two 1000 point packs I received 2 Diamond quality items for created players. I don't do RTTS so I sold them and made 26000 stubs. Was able to buy all but 3 cards for my Reds collection and to get Bench. Need Cueto, Chapman, and Baily.

In the Vita version, is there a setting that lets me see the speed of the pitches?

Also, my character has reached rank 80, and we're about to begin his second season. The high costs of upgrading mean that I can upgrade maybe one or two characteristics after each game. How is player ranking determined? Is it solely based on stamina, pitching clutch, and the ratios (K/9, HR/9, H/9, BB/9), or are other characteristics taken into account?

zulux21

so if I close the game completely I can get the stamps each day, it doesn't seem to want to give them to me no matter what I do if I just resume the game though :/

zulux21

so... this was a nice touch.
if you select the white sox/baltimore game in the show live exhabition mode the stands will be empty (for the most part)

so I thought I had noticed that the game cheats and makes my team not earn proper runs when I sim to next appearance in road to the show... now I have proof.

I saw, and text clearly states that two people scored yet my team only has 1 run :/ (also facebook screen shot sharing is so much better than twitter in quality @____________@) to be fair the next appearance thing also makes my runner brain dead doing stuff like some how not scoring from second (with a speed of 99) on a double with two outs.

i also ran into a fun little bug here not only did my player freak out with the base pads, and moon slide... but also tried to go home despite no input to go home ever given @_@

Xater

Actually got a Gold player as a reward after a DD game. That made me pretty happy. I Diamond one would have been better though. :p

I'd like to play some people I could play with from time to time. Anyone else here that plays during times that would be in the middle of the night for me as a European? :p

... I usually buy these games, but the last time I tried to play a fellow European (who lived 10 miles away) it was a horrible experience. How has it been for you so far?

Xater

... I usually buy these games, but the last time I tried to play a fellow European (who lived 10 miles away) it was a horrible experience. How has it been for you so far?

Online this year has been working really well for me. Playing with people from the US and for the most part no issues. Of course you get the occasional guy with a bad connection, but that's the case with any online game.

Actually got a Gold player as a reward after a DD game. That made me pretty happy. I Diamond one would have been better though. :p

Still only have one Gold (Ian Desmond) and that's the default one they give you when you start.

I was watching a stream the other night and a dude randomly pulled Miguel Cabrera from a standard pack. I wanted to puke.

Still only have one Gold (Ian Desmond) and that's the default one they give you when you start.

I was watching a stream the other night and a dude randomly pulled Miguel Cabrera from a standard pack. I wanted to puke.
I've pulled two trouts from a standard pack. The show gods have blessed me

WatTsu

What's the best way to get Stubs? I've bought some but I'd like to not spend more than I have to.

I know I can sell off cards I don't want on the marketplace but so far I don't have that many that are worth anything or that I want to get rid of. My Diamond-level ritual is really helpful for my pitcher.

sh1fty

What's the best way to get Stubs? I've bought some but I'd like to not spend more than I have to.

I know I can sell off cards I don't want on the marketplace but so far I don't have that many that are worth anything or that I want to get rid of. My Diamond-level ritual is really helpful for my pitcher.

Best way is to probably just play DD games and buy standard packs for 1k stubs. You can earn free cards each day you login as well as a free pack every 9th day. Every completed game of DD gives you a free card as well.

Sell all of your doubles on the market and just keep playing games (usually nets me ~200 or so stubs a game).

As you open the standard packs, just do a lucky dance or something and hope you pull a diamond/legend player which you can sell for a nice supply of stubs to purchase more packs and complete collections.

I once pulled a G. Stanton in a standard pack and sold him for ~50K stubs. I turned this into 50 packs, which I pulled a few diamond equipment/sponsorships items in, which turned into ~30-40 more packs... By the end I had a pretty solid roster with Gold/Silvers and alot of my collections had great progress.

They've kind of fucked up what you get in packs, I think. If you do extra innings or play vs. CPU, you'll notice the percentages of grabbing a diamond are now 0.2%...before it was 2-3%. Not sure about gold or silver, but i think they're doing that because they can't have too many diamonds on the market

so basically if you're late to the game, you're more than likely fucked

When I got a trout my second day and a few weeks ago, I sold those for 97,000 and 95,000. Now his card is dipping into the low 80s

They've kind of fucked up what you get in packs, I think. If you do extra innings or play vs. CPU, you'll notice the percentages of grabbing a diamond are now 0.2%...before it was 2-3%. Not sure about gold or silver, but i think they're doing that because they can't have too many diamonds on the market

so basically if you're late to the game, you're more than likely fucked

When I got a trout my second day and a few weeks ago, I sold those for 97,000 and 95,000. Now his card is dipping into the low 80s

Most of the teams playing in the 1600-1700 rating have all Diamond and Gold players anyways. Im still rocking 6 players under 85 after 80 games. Got as high as 1687 and now I'm back down to 1607.

WatTsu

Best way is to probably just play DD games and buy standard packs for 1k stubs. You can earn free cards each day you login as well as a free pack every 9th day. Every completed game of DD gives you a free card as well.

Sell all of your doubles on the market and just keep playing games (usually nets me ~200 or so stubs a game).

As you open the standard packs, just do a lucky dance or something and hope you pull a diamond/legend player which you can sell for a nice supply of stubs to purchase more packs and complete collections.

I once pulled a G. Stanton in a standard pack and sold him for ~50K stubs. I turned this into 50 packs, which I pulled a few diamond equipment/sponsorships items in, which turned into ~30-40 more packs... By the end I had a pretty solid roster with Gold/Silvers and alot of my collections had great progress.

Sounds good. Thanks! I finally got my DD team in a halfway decent state so it should be doable.

I started off 42-17 in Diamond Dynasty. Now my record is 58-46. F'ing 16-29 since. My batting average dropped from .320 down into the .250s. My pitching has been great with sub 2.00 ERAs and my WHIP is 0.87. I'm losing low scoring pitchers duels. I don't know why I'm losing so much compared to my first 60 games. Naturally, I know I'm playing higher ranked players, and most have better teams than me. my line up is:

Billy Hamilton 81
Alcides Escobar 84
Joey Votto 91
Nelson Cruz 88
David Wright 87
Michael Cuddyer 84
Brian Dozier 83
Miguel Montero 81

My only conclusion is I just suck at this game now. Lol.

I started off 42-17 in Diamond Dynasty. Now my record is 58-46. F'ing 16-29 since. My batting average dropped from .320 down into the .250s. My pitching has been great with sub 2.00 ERAs and my WHIP is 0.87. I'm losing low scoring pitchers duels. I don't know why I'm losing so much compared to my first 60 games. Naturally, I know I'm playing higher ranked players, and most have better teams than me. my line up is:

My only conclusion is I just suck at this game now. Lol.

When you make posts like this it makes me feel bad lol. But then I have to remember that I lucky as fuck. Nothing I can do about that!

I have lost to worse teams many times though, but most of the time it was because they bunted and cheesed their way to victory combined with me playing like shit. Anytime I play a lineup that has Dee Gordon and Billy Hamilton at the top -_-

I've gotten a lot better at pitching and doing stuff around it though. I still feel like it's hard for me to throw people out because the game never registers me pressing the button. They should let you queue it up earlier like last year.

When you make posts like this it makes me feel bad lol. But then I have to remember that I lucky as fuck. Nothing I can do about that!

I have lost to worse teams many times though, but most of the time it was because they bunted and cheesed their way to victory combined with me playing like shit. Anytime I play a lineup that has Dee Gordon and Billy Hamilton at the top -_-

I've gotten a lot better at pitching and doing stuff around it though. I still feel like it's hard for me to throw people out because the game never registers me pressing the button. They should let you queue it up earlier like last year.

I'm just in a slump for the ages. My approach at the plate has become frantic and anxious. I'm not relaxed. Early or late, PCI always above or below the ball. I've hit the practice mode and I'm not getting out of it. The thing is, it has made me more interested in the game. I'm like determined to find that groove again.

Jrmint

RTTS is insanely fun and addictive.

My only issue with it is base running. Is there any way to see the signals your base coaches are giving?

Also any way to reliably make stubs while playing RTTS?

Guys!!

No hitter! In DD.

YZrlcU5.jpg

Also, been playing a lot better since I vented my frustrations a few days ago. It's like the lightbulb went off.

Guys!!

No hitter! In DD.

YZrlcU5.jpg

Also, been playing a lot better since I vented my frustrations a few days ago. It's like the lightbulb went off.

Was that error, the thing that kept you from throwing a perfect game? Or was there a walk as well?

so... this was a nice touch.
if you select the white sox/baltimore game in the show live exhabition mode the stands will be empty (for the most part)

so I thought I had noticed that the game cheats and makes my team not earn proper runs when I sim to next appearance in road to the show... now I have proof.

I saw, and text clearly states that two people scored yet my team only has 1 run :/ (also facebook screen shot sharing is so much better than twitter in quality @____________@) to be fair the next appearance thing also makes my runner brain dead doing stuff like some how not scoring from second (with a speed of 99) on a double with two outs.

i also ran into a fun little bug here not only did my player freak out with the base pads, and moon slide... but also tried to go home despite no input to go home ever given @_@

Playing that made me really want to have a slider for all games where you can set attendance. The commentary could even make comments about the fan turnout, good or bad.

Was that error, the thing that kept you from throwing a perfect game? Or was their a walk as well?

Playing that made me really want to have a slider for all games where you can set attendance. The commentary could even make comments about the fan turnout, good or bad.

My shortstop bobbled a routine grounder and the scorer ruled it an error.

My shortstop bobbled a routine grounder and the scorer ruled it an error.

Oh, man. That must be frustrating. I thew a perfect game in my franchise a few weeks ago, but due to understandable reasons, I did not get a trophy. It was my Orioles against the Mets. My starter was Clayton Kershaw (who I acquired a season or two prior) against Matt Harvey. As the game was going along and I sensed it was going to be a special pitching performance, I started hearing rumbling thunder outside. As I came closer and closer to the end of the game, the thunder was getting louder and louder, so I made the decision to skip my at bats and just focus on pitching. As a result, I did get the perfect game, but not the trophy. However, not too long after the game, we lost power for a few seconds. Though, had I still been playing, I would have lost that perfect game. I think I made the right choice, as I had never thrown a perfect game before in MLB: The Show. Yeah, not getting the trophy stinks, but at least I was able to use the Share function to save the moment.

Oh, man. That must be frustrating. I through a perfect game in my franchise a few weeks ago, but due to understandable reasons, I did not get a trophy. It was my Orioles against the Mets. My starter was Clayton Kershaw (who I acquired a season or two prior) against Matt Harvey. As the game was going along and I sensed it was going to be a special pitching performance, I started hearing rumbling thunder outside. As I came closer and closer to the end of the game, the thunder was getting louder and louder, so I made the decision to skip my at bats and just focus on pitching. As a result, I did get the perfect game, but not the trophy. However, not too long after the game, we lost power for a few seconds. Though, had I still been playing, I would have lost that perfect game. I think I made the right choice, as I had never thrown a perfect game before in MLB: The Show. Yeah, not getting the trophy stinks, but at least I was able to use the Share function to save the moment.

I was just happy I did it. So close for so many years. Glad the oppenent stuck it out and didn't quit. Here is the 9th inning.

http://youtu.be/Sn5zN-VCFIw

Top Bottom