• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

3N16MA

Banned
IDK if it's just me, but Rizzo seems like he got jacked over the offseason.
Expecting 40 HR's if he can stay healthy

urlget

It was nice being able to pick up in later rounds during fantasy draft. Completely overlooked in many drafts last season but not this year.

Honestly they've got the deepest farm system in baseball and the best prospect in baseball. They'll be fine. As long as the entire pitching rotation and batting order don't end up on the DL this year they should compete for 3rd or so in the Central.

Though it really is sad what happened to Profar, if he has any future at all it's at 2B, can't be an outfielder anymore with all the shoulder problems.

ampere

What do y'all think about the pace of game rule changes? I mean stepping away from the plate over and over adds time, but baseball has always been a slower game. Looks like the penalties are only monetary and not game related

I am a bit odd though, I'd like them to cap extra innings in regular season and allow ties. People never seem to like that when I mention it

I actually like the changes that are being implemented. I don't think I'll ever be down with a pitch clock though. As for tie games, you don't want that. NHL pre-lockout was getting really boring with games going to OT and ending 0-0. A team has to win or it's a huge waste of time.

Pryce

I'm fine with pace of play changes. I typically want more baseball, but I don't want to see wasted time by watching batters going out of the box and adjusting their gloves after every pitch.

zulux21

What do y'all think about the pace of game rule changes? I mean stepping away from the plate over and over adds time, but baseball has always been a slower game. Looks like the penalties are only monetary and not game related

I am a bit odd though, I'd like them to cap extra innings in regular season and allow ties. People never seem to like that when I mention it

they seem fine... but for the not stepping out of the box one they better have an exception for when a guy takes a ball off his foot as it would be dumb not to be able to take a little bit of time and walk off the pain.

I do like the idea that if a manager keeps getting calls overturned via instant replay he doesn't lose his challenge though. I found it dumb previously if he continue to be right that he couldn't continue to challenge, as clearly the umps suck and he should be able to continue to call them out and shame them.

I actually like the changes that are being implemented. I don't think I'll ever be down with a pitch clock though. As for tie games, you don't want that. NHL pre-lockout was getting really boring with games going to OT and ending 0-0. A team has to win or it's a huge waste of time.

I'm all for a pitch clock when there isn't anyone on base. So dumb watching a pitcher take 40 seconds between pitches in the second inning while they are up by 3 runs and no one is on base. I am against it when there is high stress situations though. Bases loaded, bottom of the ninth... you should be able to take a good amount of time to collect yourself to be able to pitch that pitch and mess with the batters head. I doubt they would put in a stitutional pitch clock though.

they seem fine... but for the not stepping out of the box one they better have an exception for when a guy takes a ball off his foot as it would be dumb not to be able to take a little bit of time and walk off the pain.

I do like the idea that if a manager keeps getting calls overturned via instant replay he doesn't lose his challenge though. I found it dumb previously if he continue to be right that he couldn't continue to challenge, as clearly the umps suck and he should be able to continue to call them out and shame them.

I'm all for a pitch clock when there isn't anyone on base. So dumb watching a pitcher take 40 seconds between pitches in the second inning while they are up by 3 runs and no one is on base. I am against it when there is high stress situations though. Bases loaded, bottom of the ninth... you should be able to take a good amount of time to collect yourself to be able to pitch that pitch and mess with the batters head. I doubt they would put in a stitutional pitch clock though.

They've said there will be exceptions to stepping out of the batter's box. Fouling off the body will definitely be one of those exceptions. And I totally agree with the pitch clock when no runner is on base. It's already a rule, it's just never enforced by umpires. That will probably change this season.

They had to blow it up.

That said, John Hart is an awful GM who completely dismisses advanced metrics and will have them in the gutter before he's gone.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
They had to blow it up.

That said, John Hart is an awful GM who completely dismisses advanced metrics and will have them in the gutter before he's gone.

They're already in the gutter. Besides, based on Mark Bowman's comments to BPro, it sounds like Hart is only there to double-check Coppy's work, and Coppy is the one doing most of the planning. We know he loves advanced stats.

They're already in the gutter. Besides, based on Mark Bowman's comments to BPro, it sounds like Hart is only there to double-check Coppy's work, and Coppy is the one doing most of the planning. We know he loves advanced stats.

Idk man I think it can easily get worse.

If Fredi sticks around it totally will.

The Dodgers have signed Brandon Beachy to a 1-year deal with a 2016 club option. No money figures available yet.

EDIT: Beachy gets $2.75 million in 2015. No $$ on the option still.

Parch

Just like the other fantasy league, we need to get the NEOGAF BASEBALL LEAGUE finalized. There are 3 teams who still have not rejoined...

The Anti-PED Bombers
Enigma's Enigmaniacs
yu can't handle it

Where are you? I'll give them until the end of the month to rejoin before inviting new players.

If you are interesting in trying Yahoo Fantasy Baseball I can add you to the waiting list and send you an invite if these teams do not show up. PM me your email and I will send you an invite on March 1st. I need your email.

This league is a 14 team Head-to-Head league. Live draft on Thurs Apr 2nd, 8 PM ET.

Just like the other fantasy league, we need to get the NEOGAF BASEBALL LEAGUE finalized. There are 3 teams who still have not rejoined...

The Anti-PED Bombers
Enigma's Enigmaniacs
yu can't handle it

Where are you? I'll give them until the end of the month to rejoin before inviting new players.

If you are interesting in trying Yahoo Fantasy Baseball I can add you to the waiting list and send you an invite if these teams do not show up. PM me your email and I will send you an invite on March 1st. I need your email.

This league is a 14 team Head-to-Head league. Live draft on Thurs Apr 2nd, 8 PM ET.

You can get someone to fill my spot. I will not have the time this year to dedicate to this.

aFIGurANT

MLB.TV Premium, the 2014 Emmy® award winner for Technology and Engineering, is back in time for Spring Training. The first game streamed online will be on or about March 3, 2015 (Full MLB.TV Spring Training Schedule).

So in like 2 weeks?

We've almost made it. Fuck yeah March.

aFIGurANT

The real hype is for this year's Commercial Break in Progress layout. With it be matte steel? A shining diamond? Harper's swollen biceps done in infrared? Watch on the 3rd and find out!

RBH

Initially when Josh Hamilton underwent shoulder surgery on February 4th, the Angels announced that he’d be out for 6-8 weeks, but today general manager Jerry Dipoto said the team now expects to add another month to the recovery timetable.

Dipoto told Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times “it could be as much as 12 weeks” while adding that “until he gets on site and on the field, it’s tough to determine how long it will take.”

DiGiovanna notes that Hamilton is currently rehabbing on his own in Houston and suggests that he may not even show up to the Angels’ spring training complex in Arizona. And if he ends up missing 12 weeks Hamilton wouldn’t be ready to come off the disabled list until sometime in May.
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...sh-hamiltons-post-surgery-recovery-timetable/

Josh Hamilton has 3 years left on his contract with the Angels, which was originally a 5-year deal worth $125 million. He will receive $23 million in 2015 and $30 million apiece in 2016 and 2017.

Carole+Moreno+Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+Introduce+CgMaHpvwW2cl.jpg

Kevin Brown was a stud. Never understood the hate. Dodgers got what they paid for and then found a sucker to take him for the back end of the deal.

Like every fan will say, Never got us a title so it's consider a bust. I may feel the same with Kersh if we don't reach the World Series

I'm happy that Josh has managed to lift himself up from the depths of hell and secure a wonderful future him and his family but goddamn the writing was on the goddamn wall the 2nd half of his last year in Texas.

PlayStation TV also they went all out.

Hell yes. Can watch games anywhere in mah house noooooooow.

Also Kershaw was perfect in the NLDS game other than one bad inning. He wasn't getting run support and they left him in too long, it's hardly Kershaw's fault the Doyers lost that series, and he's a gigantic glowing neon reason that they got there in the first place.

So who is one player that you think will surprise and disappoint for your team? I think that Fowler will be an allstar and that Montero will either be injured or ineffective.

So who is one player that you think will surprise and disappoint for your team? I think that Fowler will be an allstar and that Montero will either be injured or ineffective.

Man the Phillies motto this year should be disappointment. A surprise will be Cliff Lee coming back and having a great year.

Guy I think surprises for the Mets:

I'm gonna go a little outside the box and pick LHP Jon Neise, no, I don't think by any means he'll be an AS or Ace. But he'll be exactly what the Mets need. A very good, innings eating lefty with nice stuff. I think the surprise is that he stays healthy all year and hits about 2.5 fWAR.

Letdowns:

If I had to venture a guess, I'd put my money on TD'A imploding instead of improving on his second half of 2014. There's a ton of guys that could be in this spot, it's really hard to say at the moment, give it a few weeks into Spring Training and I'll have a better idea.

I'm happy that Josh has managed to lift himself up from the depths of hell and secure a wonderful future him and his family but goddamn the writing was on the goddamn wall the 2nd half of his last year in Texas.

I know after a 4 HR game the only logical place to go is down but holy hell he was dropping off hard before the all star break.

I think Wheeler takes that final step and reaches potential everyone had for him. I dont think Flores does enough to stay at SS for us.

Top Bottom