• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A bit old, but I just read this recently and the Ethier talk reminded me of it:

http://grantland.com/features/mlb-transaction-trees/

(Mike Piazza → Gary Sheffield → Andrew Brown → Milton Bradley → Andre Ethier)

PJN1SP0.png

3N16MA

Banned
Corner OFs with his skill set (shit defense, can't his lefties, middling power) aren't that hard to find though.

That contract goes in the pantheon with Ryan Howard and Josh Hamilton as deals everyone knew were shit literally the minute they were signed.

I'm not agreeing with the contract but stating that last season was not the norm for him and 3/28 is a lot better than 3/56. Personally I would pass considering he will be 33 in April and I doubt he returns to his prime (who does at that age?)

I'm not agreeing with the contract but stating that last season was not the norm for him and 3/28 is a lot better than 3/56. Personally I would pass considering he will be 33 in April and I doubt he returns to his prime (who does at that age?)

That's the thing teams trading for him aren't grtting his past performance. If I were a gm Id have to be fairly confident that I could dig up a platoon corner OF who could give me 1-2 WAR of value (which is probably Ethier's best case scenario at this point) somewhere in my farm system for a fraction of the cost. But who knows? There are a lot of dumb teams out there.

Bryant, Alcantara, Russell, Schwarber and Soler in the lineup vs. Giants. Rizzo batting 2nd vs A's. Maddon supposedly wants to hit him there in the Regular season.

BFIB

I hated him beating us in game 5 of the NLCS in 2012, but I really hope Zito does well in Oakland. Be a fitting way to end his career.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
YES!!! I love watching baseball. Welcome back you wonderful game!

Mez is looking strong. I have a feeling he's going to have a very strong season.

I'm still not convinced Votto will ever be the same MVP caliber player that he was but I'd love to be wrong. I'm a little concerned that even now he "Doesn't feel ready." It's concerning and a lot of people around here question his commitment to the game/team. Personally I don't think he's being selfish or a bitch or whatever the narrative around here is. I mainly just hope Joey stays healthy and pads our OBS%.

We need Jay Bruce to have a turn around season this year. He's due. Shit or get off the pot. I'm going to have a blast again this year watching B. Hamilton his success last year took a lot of people off guard. I expect great things from him.

If our guys can stay healthy and not miss huge chunks of time I can see this team getting close to 90 wins. Go Reds!

aFIGurANT

Darvish left his game with triceps issues. I thought the ESPN fantasy guys were crazy when they said Tanaka > Yu but maybe not? Pretty shitty start to the hopefully-rebounding Texas season if it lingers.

aFIGurANT

Tanaka isn't exactly a paragon of health himself.

Oh yeah but I mean they said they liked his chance of putting in a bunch of innings more than they did Darvish's. Which to me seems kind of crazy but then again I've not followed the injury that shut down Tanaka beyond that it was the kind of thing that prefaces TJ. I thought I heard that Wainwright pitched with the same issue for while but we know how that eventually ended.

I guess I just never realized that Darvish Watch was like a real thing last season let alone in '15.

Double post: Weird thread on a pitcher I've never heard of right here. I thought they were going to say Zito was chasing his dream out of some Into the Wild van but alas Daniel Norris.

Oh yeah but I mean they said they liked his chance of putting in a bunch of innings more than they did Darvish's. Which to me seems kind of crazy but then again I've not followed the injury that shut down Tanaka beyond that it was the kind of thing that prefaces TJ. I thought I heard that Wainwright pitched with the same issue for while but we know how that eventually ended.

I guess I just never realized that Darvish Watch was like a real thing last season let alone in '15.

Double post: Weird thread on a pitcher I've never heard of right here. I thought they were going to say Zito was chasing his dream out of some Into the Wild van but alas Daniel Norris.
Norris is one hell of a prospect.

But I hate him for doing this.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I just realized I'm going to spend the entirety of this season checking Cardinals boxscores for Heyward updates.

:(

Opiate

The Rockies are moving their AA team and changing the name; among the options is the yard goats.

The yard goats better win.

Top Bottom