• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Ah, Denny Mathews. It's not spring until I hear the sound of his voice. And drink a Boulevard Irish Ale.

EDIT: Haha, and nothing like a trio of back to back to back home runs from Hoz, Kendrys and Rios to start the preseason!

G-Fex

tigers got this one.

Was listening to pittsburgh to but some audio interference kept cutting in, anyone else experience this with MLB Radio?

BFIB

It's all part of the plan. Make it look like we suck and go on a 162-0 undefeated season. I love this front office.

Gave up a lot of power for defense. Going to be interesting to see how that pans out during the year. IMO, I like the moves made.

I love you Alcides Escobar, but cmon man

B_Rk42MU8AA-ea7.jpg

aFIGurANT

Fuck these FS Ohio scrubs for incompetence. They've gone 3 innings without announcing a single Indian batter and keep interviewing over anything resembling drama. Their on-the-ground guy also sucks dick. They need to trade their crew for replacement level broadcasters and watch their ratings soar.

#springtraining

Gave up a lot of power for defense. Going to be interesting to see how that pans out during the year. IMO, I like the moves made.
The moves they made were for the best. As much as I miss Hanley and Kemp's bats, their offense last year (especially Hanley) were streaky at best. We're going to be relying a lot on Puig and A-Gon to drive in runs this year. Hopefully the bench can produce as well as it did last year.
joc pederson looking good

ethier's K'd twice .. lol
Ethier is trying his best to lower his trade value past rock bottom.

Yung Joc learned from his September run. That's good to see. The kid has great power.

The moves sucked. Only one I kinda like is JRoll. If any I'll see the end of Ethier in a Dodger uni.

E: lol Xia with the thread

Enron

Banned
So a panel made up of Doctors/lawyers appointed by the MLBPA and MLB are trying to decide Hamilton's fate, split, and its now in the hands of an arbitrator.

Josh Hamilton‘s fate is in the hands of an arbitrator, report Bill Shaikin and Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times, after a four-person panel was unable to come to an agreement on the course of treatment after the outfielder’s recent relapse with substance abuse. The panel, made up of a league-appointed doctor, a league-appointed lawyer, an MLBPA-appointed doctor and an MLBPA-appointed lawyer, split their vote down the middle, per the L.A. Time duo. As such, an arbitrator will break the tie.

As MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez wrote earlier today, Hamilton was on the Rays’ 40-man roster for his first violation, so he is considered a multiple offender. (The Times duo notes that it is unclear how many of the “at least six drug tests” failed by Hamilton when with the Rays occurred whilst on the 40-man roster.) A first-time offender could be suspended for 15-25 games, a second-time offender for 25-50, a third-time offender for 50-75 and a fourth-time offender for a full season.

Per DiGiovanna and Shaikin, MLB is deciding whether or not to rule Hamilton as a fourth-time offender. That would mean that Hamilton could miss a whole season and forfeit the entirety of his $25MM salary. However, If Hamilton is ruled to enter a rehabilitation program, he’ll earn his full salary for 30 days and half his salary for the following 30 days, per the Times. That would come out to a bit less than $6.2MM.

How hard do you think the Angels are rooting for the 1-year unpaid suspension?

BFIB

Cards first game is today! Man, I'm psyched even though its cold as fuck here in St. Louis today.

C-Mart today, Marco tomorrow, Jaime starts Saturday, and will be on the DL by Tuesday.

Cards first game is today! Man, I'm psyched even though its cold as fuck here in St. Louis today.

C-Mart today, Marco tomorrow, Jaime starts Saturday, and will be on the DL by Tuesday.

Nah, I bet Jaime pitches well enough to inspire some confidence that he might be okay this season

Then he immediately goes on the DL

Dodgers Willing To Pay Half Of Ethier’s Contract In Trade

The Dodgers’ expensive outfield logjam was a well-known issue entering the offseason, and while the team’s new-look front office has already unloaded Matt Kemp in a trade with the Padres, Andre Ethier remains in Los Angeles. Ethier has voiced an openness to a trade so that the he can receive regular at-bats with another club, and Jon Heyman of CBS Sports is now reporting that the Dodgers are willing to pay as much as half of the $56MM remaining on Ethier’s contract to facilitate a deal.

They're trying everything to get this guy out of LA. Somebody please take the deal.

Somebody recreated Andre Ethier's CF mishap in LEGO form.

rando14

Ethier was worth exactly 0.0 bWAR last year, no way should anyone give him 3/28.

EDIT: Plus he's an abysmal defender, dude can only sorta barely hit against RHP, if he went to the AL he'd be the shittiest "platoon DH" ever

3N16MA

Banned
Ethier had a down year last season. He was easily worth more than 3/28 the previous 3 seasons. That being said he will be 33.

Ethier had a down year last season. He was easily worth more than 3/28 the previous 3 seasons. That being said he will be 33.

Corner OFs with his skill set (shit defense, can't his lefties, middling power) aren't that hard to find though.

That contract goes in the pantheon with Ryan Howard and Josh Hamilton as deals everyone knew were shit literally the minute they were signed.

Top Bottom