• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

zulux21

Well yeah considering they are in the same league.

don't you know, if both the cubs and miami make it to the playoffs miami will be swapped with an american league team in order to give the prediction a chance. I mean it won't matter since the white sox are gonna win it this year, but still :p

Can't believe the Lerners are willing to put over 200 million down for an at best, two year window, to win the WS. That much for a fly ball pitcher with diminishing velocity and a 17.4 pitches per inning average!? Almost as bad as the Twins placing Tori Hunter in cleanup.

zulux21

Can't believe the Lerners are willing to put over 200 million down for an at best, two year window, to win the WS. That much for a fly ball pitcher with diminishing velocity and a 17.4 pitches per inning average!? Almost as bad as the Twins placing Tori Hunter in cleanup.

I'm assuming you are talking about max... his salary looks amusing

56207540ac.png

in each of his last 3 seasons he makes more per season (by like 50%) then he has during his entire career at this point.

as for having issues believing, well, Ted Lerner is worth over 4 billion, and is 89 years old... a two year window for winning the WS might be all he has left, so why not spend some of his money?

The fun of facing three 97 mph (157 kmh) fastballs in one at bat.

Fujinami is going to be a beast. Tigers in for a great season.

He and Shohei are going to duel it out (JUST LIKE AT KOSHIEN :D) for years and it's gonna be awesome.

People are sleeping on him but he's going to be a beast in the Majors (especially if his splitter gets a bit sharper).

So uh. Matt Harvey is back.

I'm assuming you are talking about max... his salary looks amusing

in each of his last 3 seasons he makes more per season (by like 50%) then he has during his entire career at this point.

as for having issues believing, well, Ted Lerner is worth over 4 billion, and is 89 years old... a two year window for winning the WS might be all he has left, so why not spend some of his money?

It's the same reason the Tigers are giving out insane contracts left and right. Owner is old and about to die and wants to win one before then. He wont be around to deal with the consequences so what does it matter to him?

BFIB

Heyward batting 2nd again today. I kind of like him in this spot. Interesting that MCarp is leading off, with all the talk about moving him to a better producing spot this year.

Walk of HR Mets win. Matt Reynolds finna make the bigs sooner rather than later.

Also Harvey worked on his curve, true 12-6 now, K'ed someone with it and used it a few times. Not expecting more than 6-7% usage but man it looked tight,

aFIGurANT

Walk of HR Mets win. Matt Reynolds finna make the bigs sooner rather than later.

Also Harvey worked on his curve, true 12-6 now, K'ed someone with it and used it a few times. Not expecting more than 6-7% usage but man it looked tight,

So he's definitely very draftable for fantasy, you'd say? I know it's early but dude was so beastly for me at the start of 2013. I think I got him like 14 rounds in, too.

So he's definitely very draftable for fantasy, you'd say? I know it's early but dude was so beastly for me at the start of 2013. I think I got him like 14 rounds in, too.

Oh yeah, he'll likely cap at 200 Innings but you're liable to get a really nice fantasy value if you nab him in say, the 15th+ because of injury concerns.

His velo is up, he added a new pitch, I expect him to have a big year.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

If it's usable in the regular season it'll be perfect.

Enron

Banned
Oh yeah, he'll likely cap at 200 Innings but you're liable to get a really nice fantasy value if you nab him in say, the 15th+ because of injury concerns.

His velo is up, he added a new pitch, I expect him to have a big year.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

If it's usable in the regular season it'll be perfect.

There is absolutely ZERO chance Matt Harvey is going to last into the 15th round in any draft this year, injury concerns or no. In fact, with his overall ranking in the 70s-80s depending on where you look due to the injury concerns, he's a bargain and you will have to draft him earlier if you want him. I will go out on a limb and say if you want the guy, you are probably going to have to do so in the 5th or 6th round of a 12-team draft. Maybe earlier, depending on scoring and how much fellow owners like SPs.

I have him in a GAF keeper league, and I am leaning towards keeping him at that price.

There is absolutely ZERO chance Matt Harvey is going to last into the 15th round in any draft this year, injury concerns or no. In fact, with his overall ranking in the 70s-80s depending on where you look due to the injury concerns, he's a bargain and you will have to draft him earlier if you want him. I will go out on a limb and say if you want the guy, you are probably going to have to do so in the 5th or 6th round of a 12-team draft. Maybe earlier, depending on scoring and how much fellow owners like SPs.

I have him in a GAF keeper league, and I am leaning towards keeping him at that price.

Idk I think there will be a lot of hesitance to pick him.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Parch

So far ive seen zero hesitance to pick him in mocks.
matt harvey's ADP right now on ESPN is 72.
75 ADP in Yahoo so right at his O-Rank. Harvey keeps throwing 99 this spring and he'll start getting drafted even earlier than that.

Parch

Jays can use the bat though. Depends on how Navarro feels about DHing. Let him catch once in awhile and let him DH full time. Plenty of AB's to keep him happy until they can make a good deal.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hector Olivera declared free agent by MLB:

Cuban infielder Hector Olivera is now free to sign with a Major League Baseball team after being declared a free agent by the league on Friday. MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez, who has been out front on much of the news surrounding Olivera and fellow Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada, was the first to report the news.

The 29-year-old infielder is expected to draw interest from several teams and could sign fairly quickly after holding multiple private workouts and three open showcases in recent weeks. The Atlanta Braves, Oakland A's, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Francisco Giants, Seattle Mariners and New York Yankees are believed to be among the team most interested, though it's noted all 30 teams have seen or evaluated him.

However, Cuban Hector Olivera could have damaged UCL in throwing arm:

Serious concern exists that Cuban infielder Hector Olivera has a damaged ulnar collateral ligament in his throwing arm, potentially hindering the market for a free agent who many expected to contribute in the major leagues this season, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Olivera, 29, recently underwent physicals for a number of teams in anticipation of Major League Baseball clearing him to sign. The market for Olivera swelled following a strong series of showcases and private workouts in which the right-handed hitter showed the powerful bat that made him a star second baseman in Cuba.

No signs of potential arm trouble surfaced during his tryouts, when Olivera showed an average arm from second base and third base.

He is believed to have at least one contract offer for more than $50 million, though the prospect of Olivera potentially needing Tommy John surgery in his right elbow could change that. If Olivera undergoes the procedure, the recovery time for a position player is typically six to nine months.

Beckx

Darvish undergoing MRI? Looks like it's just precautionary though.

Meanwhile, 3rd day in a row with no Bucs on mlb.tv. Regular season please.

He and Shohei are going to duel it out (JUST LIKE AT KOSHIEN :D) for years and it's gonna be awesome.

People are sleeping on him but he's going to be a beast in the Majors (especially if his splitter gets a bit sharper).

Great profile on him today in the Japan Times. Tigers are sitting pretty at SP. Iwazaki is having a nice spring so far.

I want to try to watch Spring and Summer Koshien this year. Never done that before.

Top Bottom