• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

ShaneB

Might start posting a bit in the mlb threads throughout the season. Just too many games to always keep up I suppose. Excited for things to get started and see the Blue Jays make their run towards mediocrity!

I think I might get the radio sub to MLB this year and use west coast games to fall asleep to.

Yeah, I'll be getting the radio sub too I think since I spend most of my summer nights outside on my balcony and will listen to the games out there.

G-Fex

I didn't expect to enjoy my mlb radio subscription as much as I've been doing. Best 20 dollars I used recently.

Probably should listen to some baseball games while making Doom maps.

3N16MA

Banned
I didn't expect to enjoy my mlb radio subscription as much as I've been doing. Best 20 dollars I used recently.

If you had to listen to Sterling and Waldman you would have buyers remorse.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The braves are going for the double #1 draft pick by being last in the regular season and spring training.

My friend got credited for the save today for the blue jays. Really hope he makes the 40 man this year because he has definitely paid his dues in the minors

My friend got credited for the save today for the blue jays. Really hope he makes the 40 man this year because he has definitely paid his dues in the minors

Just looked up Tepera's numbers in the minors. His numbers aren't great, but the Jays are pretty thin in the bullpen, and they seem to get hit hard by injuries every year. He may have a shot at some point this year!

RBH

The braves are going for the double #1 draft pick by being last in the regular season and spring training.

42oWVvo.jpg

Just looked up Tepera's numbers in the minors. His numbers aren't great, but the Jays are pretty thin in the bullpen, and they seem to get hit hard by injuries every year. He may have a shot at some point this year!

Apparently last year he was one guy away from getting the call up. This year hopefully he gets over that hump!

Parch

There has to be a couple of Blue Jays bullpen spots where a guy can win a job with a good spring. It's a wide open competition.

Papelbon now says that he'd be willing to become a Jay now that Brewers are out of the picture. Problem is the Blue Jays aren't willing to add that ridiculous contract. More likely they'll fill the bullpen with the cheaper hot arms or perhaps do some dumpster diving with some waiver claims. The bullpen is one area where a team can be frugal and still get reasonable production.

McNei1y

The young nats' players are looking good. Michael Taylor is going to phase in well with Span gone next year. I'm looking forward to what Wilmer Difo does this season in the minors because he's still looking like the guy that will be a nice compliment to Trea Turner. AJ Cole going to be solid. Tyler Moore is doing his normal spring training routine.

BFIB

Listening to the Cards radio broadcasts while playing MLB The Show. Perfect combo.

It really is heartbreaking what happened to him.

A sure fire HoF career ruined by his elbow and shoulder problems. But I will never forget his game 1 of the WS. Greatest pitching performance I'v ever seen.

Parch

Is Bryant going to make the team? Or maybe play OF? I picked Olt in a ridiculously deep league with hopes that Bryant isn't ready to steal his job at 3rd just yet.

3N16MA

Banned
Lee was arguably the best SP in baseball from 2008-2013. The only qualifying pitcher to have a lower BB/9 than Lee during that span was a reliever ( Mariano Rivera ).

His FIP was so good that he along with Kershaw are the only two SP in the top ten during that span.

Averaged 6.19 fWAR over those 6 seasons yet he was traded three times and played for 4 different teams.

jbug617

Banned
Carfardo wrote in the Boston Globe today that a Phillies source told him the closest a team came to giving what the Phillies want for Hamels are the Yanks.

Carfardo wrote in the Boston Globe today that a Phillies source told him the closest a team came to giving what the Phillies want for Hamels are the Yanks.

Yankees have some insane depth in the farm, wouldn't surprise me to see some extravagant package for him.

Plus they'd eat all the money.

Parch

Still could happen. I don't think the Phillies could turn down any deal involving Severino and Refsnyder so it's probably the Yankees who are reluctant to give up one or the other.

Top Bottom