• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Lunar FC

Going to Arizona in a few days and hope to catch a couple spring training games. Never been to them before, so can anybody give me just a little heads up on what to expect? Can I just get tickets when I get there?

Still could happen. I don't think the Phillies could turn down any deal involving Severino and Refsnyder so it's probably the Yankees who are reluctant to give up one or the other.

You can't get Judge or Severino.

Refsnyder would've been movable if the Yankees got Moncada...still hurts. :(

I don't think we'll get Hamels though...

628x471.jpg

Cliff Lee said if he has to get Tommy John surgery, he will probably retire. Lee is making $25 million this season. He has a $27.5 million club option for 2016 (with a $12.5 million buyout).

The option would have become automatic if he didn't end the 2015 season on the DL with a left elbow or left shoulder injury and either threw 200 innings in 2015 or combined for 400 innings in 2014-2015.

Panda badmouths the Giants:
"I knew early in spring training last year I was going to leave," Sandoval said. "They didn't respect my agent. Contract talks, everything. The way Brian Sabean (Giants general manager) talked to my agent."

"The Giants made a good offer, but I didn't want to take it," he said. "I got five years (and $95 million) from Boston. I left money on the table in San Francisco.

"It is not about money. It is about how you treat the player."

"I wanted to get out of the NL West," Sandoval said. "If I had gone to San Diego, it would have been crazy when we played San Francisco."

"Only Bochy," Sandoval said of Giants manager Bruce Bochy. "I love Boch. He's like my dad. He's the only guy that I miss. And Hunter Pence. Just those guys.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...al-says-leaving-san-francisco-not-hard-at-all

Beckx

Wait the guy actually gave up more money because the team was mean to the person he hired to get him more money?

I figured Panda must have had some serious beef with the organization to decide to leave SF. Hopefully he plays well in Boston, because the media there is going to be a lot more critical than what he had on the west coast.

Anyway, Cain is starting in a few minutes and I'm anxious to see how he looks. Maybe both him and Lincecum can pull off comebacks this year.

I figured Panda must have had some serious beef with the organization to decide to leave SF. Hopefully he plays well in Boston, because the media there is going to be a lot more critical than what he had on the west coast.

Anyway, Cain is starting in a few minutes and I'm anxious to see how he looks. Maybe both him and Lincecum can pull off comebacks this year.

Cain is likely. Lincecum, though, is finished. He's not suddenly going to throw 95 again. He's done with Tommy Hanson.

It's nice to dream.

Like dreaming the Dodgers one day might win a meaningful series in the playoffs?

EDIT: Solid outing by Cainer. Breaking ball looked nasty and his overall control was impressive. It would be nice to have the radar gun to see how hard he's throwing but with command like he just demonstrated against the Dodgers starting line up I can't complain.

Parch

Anybody wanna help a brother out?
Always wanted to but I've never been, but know guys who have.
All the different facilities for Cactus are reasonably close. 40 minute drive between them at the most. I'm pretty sure you can just get walk up tickets. If not then getting tickets for the next day's games should be easy.
Don't know about places to stay so I can't help you there. Internet can probably tell you more than anybody here. Find a schedule and pick your games. Too easy.

aFIGurANT

Colby Rasmus is already thinking retirement:

Rasmus admitted that sometimes he doesn’t have fun in the game anymore and that he didn’t plan to play 10 more years or even five. He said he wanted to play this season and three more and then retire to his newly purchased cattle ranch in Alabama, where he has a wife and two young daughters and where the deer hunting and fishing are abundant.

“It’s a tough game,” said Rasmus. “A lot of stuff goes on. I haven’t got much more in me.”

The real treat is right below the paragraph break of that quote right here.

Top Bottom