• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Enron

Banned
Just saw that alert on my phone. Rangers can't catch a break.

at this point it is a break. Him getting the surgery rec instead of the last opinion guy thinking "yeah, you can probably rehab it" and Darvish convincing himself that's the way to go would be terrible.

I've already answered you about this like twice already lol.

Auction drafts are fun if you are in a room with your buds and you don't got shit else to do.

Online in a yahoo league? Holy fuck. It takes f o r e v e r. Not to mention that so few people really understand the auction system well, it would lead to a whole bunch of owners blowing all their money on a handful of players they like and then saying "fuck it" when they fall behind.

Traditional draft is the best choice for a group like this to maintain engagement throughout the season.

The number of players you set for the roster isn't even that much. You only get 3 OFs. Some leagues have 5. Auction draft is not that goddamn hard.

Parch

Saunders cleared for baseball activities, so he's not going to miss a lot of time. That's one Blue Jay injury that turned out better than first thought.

zroid

Banned
Saunders cleared for baseball activities, so he's not going to miss a lot of time. That's one Blue Jay injury that turned out better than first thought.

well it sucks he had to compromise his future health just to get into game-shape sooner in the short-term :\

jbug617

Banned
Sandoval fired backed at Huff.

"Who is Aubrey Huff?" Sandoval asked in response to a post made by Huff on Facebook. "What is important here is to see where the person who made those comments is, and where I am now, that's what counts."

"Those were completely incoherent comments," Sandoval said of Huff's post.

"I'm not selfish. I am where I am because I have worked very hard and have always done my job. Anyone can say whatever they want. I will not lose sleep or stop working my hardest because of that."

Despite the tempest caused by his initial comments, Sandoval was not backing down.

"I said what I had to say, and I'm not going to take it back," he said. "I stand by it. I was clear, and you know what they say, the truth hurts."

To Huff's assertion that he was speaking for current Giants players who are refraining from comment, Sandoval said: "Let them speak up and say whatever they want. I'm not selfish and I have always worked very hard for my team. Those are things I have proven to my teammates, especially working with young players."

Parch

Does Sandoval think saying that makes himself look good? Or bad?
Sounds like a jerk to me. All that "hard work" seems to include the buffet table.

ampere

lol

wiAQmtT.png

"Who is Aubrey Huff?"

????

What's he trying to say?? Like Huff's washed up and he's a hot shot MVP all-star player with a $100mil contract? ...so who is Huff to say anything about him or the situation??

Arrogant ass Panda. Good riddance.

zulux21

I thought it was a very interesting point of view, both the size of the ball forcing pitchers to grip tighter and the slipper factori. it needs to be looked into further

plus I think it would be a fair compromise. Shrink the strike zone, make the ball a little less slippery and a little bit smaller.

I mean the number of TJ surgeries anymore is crazy, they need to figure out something.

Sanjuro

"Who is Aubrey Huff?"

????

What's he trying to say?? Like Huff's washed up and he's a hot shot MVP all-star player with a $100mil contract? ...so who is Huff to say anything about him or the situation??

Arrogant ass Panda. Good riddance.

Says the guy with a journeyman as his avatar.

Where do you guys come down on the Baseball Tonight vs MLB Tonight. I personally like the personalities on Baseball Tonight better usually but like the format of MLB Tonight better.

Beckx

Looks like the Yankees will try to simulate the effects of the 6-man rotation for Tanaka by using off days and call ups.

I thought it was a very interesting point of view, both the size of the ball forcing pitchers to grip tighter and the slipper factori. it needs to be looked into further

hmm, I wonder if there's something to this.

This NY post article on the Tanaka rotation picks up on the slick ball issue. Not clear if they just read the Uehara interview or what.

Top Bottom