• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Parch

And if he doesn't blatantly put tar on his neck again lol.
That was so ridiculous. The team has to take some of the blame for that. You don't let your talented young players do that nonsense.
He's got good stuff and he's a beast. If he can stay healthy, Pineda could have a big year.

Malo

Banned
And if he doesn't blatantly put tar on his neck again lol.

I remember those... peanut butter and marshmellow fluff. Loved em as a kid
I remember all the games after he came back from the suspension and injury where he had pine tar on... Oh wait.

BFIB

I had this thing a couple days ago

B-NzMXCCcAAdWw6.jpg

it was amazing but I'm pretty sure it shortened my life by like 3 years
Mother of God.

zulux21

Nope. They're not winning a World Series this year, why would Theo remove a year of arbitration to let a kid play 10 extra games?

exactly, if it was a few months for an extra year that would be one thing, but I am reading it's just two weeks. no way they have him start and lose a year of control when boras is his agent. any time you can avoid dealing with boras for another year by stalling for two weeks you do it :p

Yeah I'm actually not debilitated by this if he does need TJ because of the depth of our young pitching. Still hoping he's okay but not holding my breath; elbow MRI feels like a kiss of death more often than not.

Hopefully it's just precautionary because of tightness.

However even if it is, it's a sign that his elbow will be a problem all year.

Also:

iw086.gif

Zito's back.

Raw64life

Zack Wheeler getting an MRI on his elbow.

In other news, the world sucks.

At least this will nip this Mets are contending nonsense in the bud before it gets out of control. Mets fans have been setting themselves up for a huge disappointment all offseason long.

aFIGurANT

So who broke down and found a Cinabbon to indulge in today? Please tell me someone was living it up for me. The closest location to me is like 15 miles and an airport security gate away so I settled for coffee with a little extra sugar. Fuck my life.

ampere

So who broke down and found a Cinabbon to indulge in today? Please tell me someone was living it up for me. The closest location to me is like 15 miles and an airport security gate away so I settled for coffee with a little extra sugar. Fuck my life.

I had the same thing I always have for breakfast. Nutrigrain Blueberry Eggo waffles and a banana. Gotta get that fiber and energy

jbug617

Banned

I had a Butter Pecan Iced Coffee the other day at Dunkin Donuts.

Loco4Coco

Mets' front office is a complete joke, to think they didn't want to have Wheeler get an MRI and have him his next schedule start. Good thing Mets have plenty of pitching options. :/

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Mets' front office is a complete joke, to think they didn't want to have Wheeler get an MRI and have him his next schedule start. Good thing Mets have plenty of pitching options. :/

If you (the royal "you") should learn anything from Harvey and Wheeler, it's that you're probably better off trading those guys for position players.

Loco4Coco

This is also reassures my feelings that pitchers should throw more than 100 pitches per game. They all gonna go down eventually so might as well get the most out of them while you can.

we have Syndergaard, Matz, Montero, still available if any other elbows want to blow up. time to go with a 8 man rotation limit everyone pitches and save them bullets

Top Bottom