• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Healthy Hymay is a very good pitcher. CMart isn't pitching 180+ innings this season if they want to manage his innings (by all accounts, the Cards have been very careful with him) so there are more than enough innings to go around.

Putting Carlos in the bullpen this season seems like it would be a waste. Unless the Cards see him as a reliever long term, we gotta give him a chance to start without changing his role back and forth during a season.

I think so too, but I'm not sure the Cardinals would put Carlos in AAA. I think that's better than the MLB bullpen, plus then Villanueva can be on the 25man

I definitely don't see Wacha/CMart doing 180+ this season, so there will likely be ample room for Villanueva to spot start and Gonzales/Cooney to start as well. But a healthy Jaime definitely confuses things for a bit

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MLBPA is pushing for it in 2016.
I think it will happen. That's another 15 guys to get paid big money.

Well yeah, but they like money. But the AL can't just impose it on the NL and every single NL owner would vote against it. What's the bargaining chip for the players to massively increase payroll across the league?

Well yeah, but they like money. But the AL can't just impose it on the NL and every single NL owner would vote against it. What's the bargaining chip for the players to massively increase payroll across the league?

I mean I guess there's an incentive for owners to protect their investment in aging veterans (like Cabrera, Pujols, etc) who can no longer really field adequately but can hit. Or give everyday players a break from fielding (see: Buster Posey, or catchers in general) while keeping their bat in the lineup

Malo

Banned
Holy shit all the mets lefty relievers in camp suck. Would bringing up Matz in the bullpen be a good idea? I think we should wait until maybe the summer. Let him start a little in the minors then see whats that needed.
Justin Miller or Chasen Shreve for Thor.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Miller showed some promise today. If he's going to be a groundball guy going forward, that mitigates some of his control problems. Still needs a good K% though.

Edit: Jenkins just came in and made Beltran and Teixiera look dumb. Please let him stay healthy.

Miller showed some promise today. If he's going to be a groundball guy going forward, that mitigates some of his control problems. Still needs a good K% though.

Edit: Jenkins just came in and made Beltran and Teixiera look dumb. Please let him stay healthy.
How has Vizcaino looked?

aFIGurANT

I missed that game for some shitty OT thread. Fuck!

Hmm, I seem to be having issues with my MLB.TV subscription. I originally signed up at the beginning of the 2014 season, and the subscription is set to automatically renew every year (I didn't turn this off because I wanted to renew). I had the Royals game on this morning, but now it says I don't have an active subscription. Any idea what's going on? I log and it tells me the following:

• Your 2014 MLB.TV Premium Yearly subscription is currently active.
  • Your 2014 subscription is set to automatically renew prior to the beginning of LIVE Spring Training games, on or about February 28, 2015 at the same, low regular full 2014 yearly price of $129.99
  • Watch every 2015 out-of-market regular season game LIVE, PLUS over 200 Spring Training games on over 400 supported devices. Also includes a free subscription to MLB At Bat 15
It says I should be able to watch these games.

aFIGurANT

Hmm, I seem to be having issues with my MLB.TV subscription. I originally signed up at the beginning of the 2014 season, and the subscription is set to automatically renew every year (I didn't turn this off because I wanted to renew). I had the Royals game on this morning, but now it says I don't have an active subscription. Any idea what's going on? I log and it tells me the following:

• Your 2014 MLB.TV Premium Yearly subscription is currently active.
  • Your 2014 subscription is set to automatically renew prior to the beginning of LIVE Spring Training games, on or about February 28, 2015 at the same, low regular full 2014 yearly price of $129.99
  • Watch every 2015 out-of-market regular season game LIVE, PLUS over 200 Spring Training games on over 400 supported devices. Also includes a free subscription to MLB At Bat 15
It says I should be able to watch these games.

Is At Bat working with video and everything? I kind of have the opposite problem where they didn't renew my sub but everything is still working on the app.

It might be that you didn't install the updated application on your Apple TV or w/e. I know it made me go through that for the PS3 but that doesn't exactly sound like your problem.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Is At Bat working with video and everything? I kind of have the opposite problem where they didn't renew my sub but everything is still working on the app.

It might be that you didn't install the updated application on your Apple TV or w/e. I know it made me go through that for the PS3 but that doesn't exactly sound like your problem.

Checked your credit card statement recently?

No, I can't use any of the features (radio or video). My apps I'm using on my phone and PS4 are all updated, and I was watching video as recently as this morning. I logged into MLB.com and it says I still have an active subscription. How strange. I emailed customer support but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to receive a response.

aFIGurANT

Checked your credit card statement recently?
Oh yeah, the card was expired but yet it goes on. I'll sell to the highest bidder if anyone wants in on the best PW this side of "QWERTY"
No, I can't use any of the features (radio or video). My apps I'm using on my phone and PS4 are all updated, and I was watching video as recently as this morning. I logged into MLB.com and it says I still have an active subscription. How strange. I emailed customer support but I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to receive a response.
Weird man. Like they keep saying on the STL ST broadcast, though: "It's Spring Training for everyone."

Annnd Joc just wrecked Valverde. Go figure.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean I guess there's an incentive for owners to protect their investment in aging veterans (like Cabrera, Pujols, etc) who can no longer really field adequately but can hit. Or give everyday players a break from fielding (see: Buster Posey, or catchers in general) while keeping their bat in the lineup

The AL owners wouldn't vote in favor of randomly raising payroll either.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Cannot fucking wait!

Might actually try online this year if you guys are up for it.

It's not a matter of us being up for it. Is Sony San Diego up for it? That's the question. We have a league every year, or well try to.

Enron

Banned
Enron, auction draft this year?

I've already answered you about this like twice already lol.

Auction drafts are fun if you are in a room with your buds and you don't got shit else to do.

Online in a yahoo league? Holy fuck. It takes f o r e v e r. Not to mention that so few people really understand the auction system well, it would lead to a whole bunch of owners blowing all their money on a handful of players they like and then saying "fuck it" when they fall behind.

Traditional draft is the best choice for a group like this to maintain engagement throughout the season.

Beckx

Cutch scratched from today's game with back pain. Otherwise going with nearly full lineup of starters today (except Kang starting at SS), tho MLB.tv isn't showing any pirates games this week anyway.

Out of the Park 15 release date announced - Mar 23.

Parch

Why do people like auction drafts?
It's the traditional format. I did an AL-only $260 roto auction with the same group of guys for decades. We'd get together at a bar to do the auction so it was an annual event for us.

I think it's possible to change the decision time in Yahoo or ESPN auction drafts to prevent it from taking forever, but yeah, they still take a long time to do. It's also a different strategy and guys unfamiliar with auctions can ruin their teams and effect the whole league with stupid bidding. You get a bunch of horrible and eventually abandoned teams in online auction drafts so it's really not the best format unless everybody has some experience with the format.

Beckx

A lot of people forget that auction drafts is how fantasy baseball started out with.

It's pretty funny that the original Rotossierie League Baseball book died and never got licensed for anything, considering what it spawned. Inevitable though since 90% of it was teaching people to do things that computers now do.

Still surprising that they never tried to parlay it into an online service of some kind. (Or maybe they did and it failed?)

--------

Oh god this national anthem rendition at the Pirates game is ear torture.

Parch

Sanchez starting every TV game for the Jays so far. They'll give him plenty of leeway now to try and get him comfortable as a starter.

zroid

Banned
second time in the game someone got tagged out reaching for a triple... 2 innings in :lol

edit: the comedy of errors continues!

Top Bottom