• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Parch

There are old school fantasy types who hate the Hold category. Makes no sense. A relief pitcher goes from zero value to insane value just because he inherits a closer role.

The other thing about relievers is they usually have good ratio numbers. They can really help ERA, WHIP, and K/BB.

It just makes no sense to have a huge number of players (middle relievers) have little to no value in fantasy. It's not ideal, but including holds adds a whole bunch of useable depth to a league.

The Rays have signed Jonny Venters to a 2-year minor league deal. Venters is attempting to come back from a third Tommy John surgery. He's only 29.

Venters will miss the entire 2015 season, rehabbing from his third TJ surgery performed in September 2014.

Malo

Banned
Daniel Bard is throwing upper 90s in Cubs camp. Wow if we can get anything from him our bullpen could be Yankees tier.

Video of AGod hitting a homerun today:

http://m.mlb.com/video/?content_id=44247283&topic_id=6479266

Is there anything sweeter than this!!
jVj8wjI.jpg

of course Huff would take the Giants side he stole tens of millions of dollars from them and they never sought restitution of criminal action. He owes them.

Parch

Some good 'ol mud slinging.
How long before Pablo poisons the Red Sox locker room? I thought his comment about never wanting to DH was a red flag. So what's he gonna do when he does?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
of course Huff would take the Giants side he stole tens of millions of dollars from them and they never sought restitution of criminal action. He owes them.

I don't think Huff would have blasted Pablo if he had just complained about the GM/agent talks. But once Pablo brought in teammates all bets were off, lol.

I can't decide if I actually want Jaime Garcia to be in the rotation this season. Nasty stuff when right, but injured so often and I want Carlos Martinez to be in the rotation

Although a bullpen of Rosenthal/Walden/Belisle/Maness/Martinez/Choate/Siegrist would be filthy in itself

Well Marco Estrada just lost his bid for a starting role for the Jays hahaha. Back-to-back-to-back-to-back HR's to the Rays to give up a 3-0 lead in the 5th.

Parch

[KoRp]Jazzman;155690380 said:
Well Marco Estrada just lost his bid for a starting role for the Jays hahaha. Back-to-back-to-back-to-back HR's to the Rays to give up a 3-0 lead in the 5th.
Holy crap. I knew it. The guy really is good for home run derby practice.

zroid

Banned

:lol

rando14

Is there video of this?

Wow nevermind, apparently my gameday app was on drugs as he gave up only 1 HR (seems to be working correctly now). Though he did get charged with 7 runs, so doubtful they are going to be like "that guy has 4th stater potential" still lol.

zroid

Banned
[KoRp]Jazzman;155693896 said:
Wow nevermind, apparently my gameday app was on drugs as he gave up only 1 HR (seems to be working correctly now). Though he did get charged with 7 runs, so doubtful they are going to be like "that guy has 4th stater potential" still lol.
dat 5th inning

my goodness

too bad this game isn't on tv

I can't decide if I actually want Jaime Garcia to be in the rotation this season. Nasty stuff when right, but injured so often and I want Carlos Martinez to be in the rotation

Although a bullpen of Rosenthal/Walden/Belisle/Maness/Martinez/Choate/Siegrist would be filthy in itself
Healthy Hymay is a very good pitcher. CMart isn't pitching 180+ innings this season if they want to manage his innings (by all accounts, the Cards have been very careful with him) so there are more than enough innings to go around.

Putting Carlos in the bullpen this season seems like it would be a waste. Unless the Cards see him as a reliever long term, we gotta give him a chance to start without changing his role back and forth during a season.

Holy shit all the mets lefty relievers in camp suck. Would bringing up Matz in the bullpen be a good idea? I think we should wait until maybe the summer. Let him start a little in the minors then see whats that needed.

Top Bottom