• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Opiate

You could probably throw in all 32 teams in between the Ducks and the Galaxy.

Are we sure about that? Soccer is growing rapidly in the US and LA has a strong Latino population.

Again, I don't know for sure. I'm just saying we're beyond the days when you could just laugh off US Soccer. It's growing rather rapidly.

Are we sure about that? Soccer is growing rapidly in the US and LA has a strong Latino population.

Again, I don't know for sure. I'm just saying we're beyond the days when you could just laugh off US Soccer. It's growing rather rapidly.
Soccer always has been big. But most follow the international scene.

E: Regular baseball season is about a week and a half away. Excited!!

cashman

Banned

Most of the Latino population don't follow the Galaxy like sf2 said.

Okay, was just curious. I don't live in LA so I'm not able to see what it's like as you two are.

In the local Spanish speaking papers MLS is like the third tier soccer league and maybe like the 6th most popular sport (after the Mexican League, MLB, some random Eu league, Boxing, Horse Racing and maybe Tennis).

There's a reason Chivas USA folded.

Wow this is great news! I can't wait for the season to start, it's going to be a fun season for the Marlins.

Ownership really does seem to be serious about locking their young players up. I can see them extending Hech and Ozuna. Fernandez is probably going to be way too much but they've got a good 5 years with this core and they are easily going to be contenders during that span.

Things are looking good for all you South Beachers

The Marlins are still paying Ozzie Guillen $2.5 million this season.
I'm trying not to think about that lol.

Ownership really does seem to be serious about locking their young players up. I can see them extending Hech and Ozuna. Fernandez is probably going to be way too much but they've got a good 5 years with this core and they are easily going to be contenders during that span.

Things are looking good for all you South Beachers

I was really impressed with the moves the Marlins made last season. I think we will definitely have a chance to make a run at the wild card spot this year. I can see Stanton putting up another MVP season too.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
@johnmanuelba · 13m 13 minutes ago

Text from a scout in Florida to see Brady Aiken says the 2014 No. 1 overall pick just left his start for @IMGAcademy with 2 outs in the 1st.

@johnmanuelba · 12m 12 minutes ago

No indication of why Aiken was removed, but rumors that he's not 100% right physically have persisted all spring

@keithlaw · 10m 10 minutes ago

Brady Aiken had to shut his first outing down after 12 pitches

Curious to know what happened.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
First Mark Appel and now Brady Aiken?

Appel had an emergency Appendectomy last year and wasn't 100% all season.

He pitched pretty well in the fall league.

Jury's still in the air.

They more than likely dodged a bullet with Aiken.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Neither guy has even played a game in the majors yet...

I mean yeah current trajectory says so but there have been actually terrible picks before like Tim Beckham over Buster Posey

Exactly.

Let them both get a taste of the big leagues before we even start tooting this horn.

Bryant could be one of those guys who rakes in the minors but never puts it together in the majors.

zychi

Banned
Exactly.

Let them both get a taste of the big leagues before we even start tooting this horn.

Bryant could be one of those guys who rakes in the minors but never puts it together in the majors.

#1 hitting propsects dont usually tank. It's usually the pitchers.

Enron

Banned
Most of the Latino population don't follow the Galaxy like sf2 said.

Latinos LOVE Club of the Americas. I went to an exhibition match between them and AC Milan in the Georgia Dome several years ago, and there were 50,000 latino fans all wearing yellow and blue chanting their lungs out

Beckx

Got my OOTP download link, yeah. Time to find out how cruel the conversion gods are going to be to my team.

McCutcheon has almost no at bats this spring and hasn't played in over a week.

aFIGurANT

So if At Bat is saying that MLBN will have the video of a game scheduled for today but has the parantheses "delay," does that mean I'll be looking at having to watch it when it airs tonight or something? Anyone?

All games on the final day of the season will start at the same time. MLB trying to recapture the crazyness from a few years ago when MLB GAF and the rest of the baseball universe went crazy. Epic night

Beckx

I'm all over that.

You planning on leaving financials as-is out of the box or modifying to equalize revenue? (I don't care either way.)

vwnut13

Jesus was on fire for 18 games back in 2011. He needs to be a Yankee again!

An interesting story about Jesus Montero.

Back in the summer of 2007 (I was 14) I went to some GCL Yankee games. The games were played at the Yankees Training Facility in Tampa, just down the road from George M Steinbrenner Field. There was no admission cost, and there was just two sets of metal bleachers. We were the only people there watching the game.

The opposing teams bus was parked in the field just beyond the left field fence. One Yankee hit a Home Run. The bus driver directed me to where the ball landed. A man came out from the Yankees side speaking Spanish asking for the ball back. I reluctantly obliged.

As it turned out, it was Jesus Montero's first professional game, and that was his first at bat, and his first hit, and his first Home Run. It was his dad who came out and got the Home Run ball from me.

By the end of the game, I ended up with like 6-7 foul balls and one HR that I kept (Ben Blumenthal) and had signed the next day.

I got Jesus to sign one of the other balls that I got. To this day, I still haven't found another autograph of his that has the "JP" looking thing underneath it. I know that it is part of his autograph, because 'BUROL' is his nickname, and 21 was his jersey number.

jesus_burul_montero.JPG

3N16MA

Banned
An interesting story about Jesus Montero.

Back in the summer of 2007 (I was 14) I went to some GCL Yankee games. The games were played at the Yankees Training Facility in Tampa, just down the road from George M Steinbrenner Field. There was no admission cost, and there was just two sets of metal bleachers. We were the only people there watching the game.

The opposing teams bus was parked in the field just beyond the left field fence. One Yankee hit a Home Run. The bus driver directed me to where the ball landed. A man came out from the Yankees side speaking Spanish asking for the ball back. I reluctantly obliged.

As it turned out, it was Jesus Montero's first professional game, and that was his first at bat, and his first hit, and his first Home Run. It was his dad who came out and got the Home Run ball from me.

By the end of the game, I ended up with like 6-7 foul balls and one HR that I kept (Ben Blumenthal) and had signed the next day.

I got Jesus to sign one of the other balls that I got. To this day, I still haven't found another autograph of his that has the "JP" looking thing underneath it. I know that it is part of his autograph, because 'BUROL' is his nickname, and 21 was his jersey number.

jesus_burul_montero.JPG

Love hearing stories like that.

Top Bottom