• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

eznark

Banned
I'm all over that.

You planning on leaving financials as-is out of the box or modifying to equalize revenue? (I don't care either way.)

Don't know yet, I'm a little concerned about modifying it immediately simply because this is their first shot at realistically modeling MLB's financial situation. It seems like there might be some talent imbalance issues in the lower leagues if we make finances identical that would have a severe negative impact on teams like New York.

eznark

Banned
Okay, but what are the arguments against it.

Seriously that's probably for the best. No one will really know the right ways to modify financials in 16 at first anyway.

Yup. We're on 2030 of a league we started in 2006 and every so often we still have to tweak financials/rules depending on how things have changed year to year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
He threw 120 pitches that day, 4 days removed from throwing 114 pitches.

Terry is a joke.

You'd think they'd do a more thorough examination when it was just "tendonitis."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...-also-was-dealing-with-torn-tendon-1.10080216

Wheeler, 24, had been cleared to keep pitching last season despite chronic pain caused by what the team has been calling inflammation of the tendon, or tendinitis. According to a source, it turns out that the tendon was actually "a little bit torn."

Wheeler's elbow ligament, meanwhile, showed no signs of a tear until Saturday. That's when lingering pain prompted an MRI exam on Saturday.

On Wednesday, Wheeler was examined by team doctor David Altchek in New York. According to the source, Altchek confirmed a "pretty substantial" tear of Wheeler's UCL, which had been expected.

The examination also revealed more tearing in Wheeler’s tendon in addition to calcification in the elbow joint.

But the source said that neither issue fundamentally altered Wheeler's fate last season. Since doctors assured him that the injuries couldn't be made worse in any significant way, Wheeler was left to decide how much pain he could stand in order to keep pitching.

aFIGurANT

Cuddyer again. Smh.

This is a good game though I have to say.

E: they just showed Cuddy and dude looks like Jack Frost minus the beard. Pure grey locks for him.

What the hell?

I don't... how can you pitch like that? How can you jump in the air and pitch? That's NUTS.

Edit: Speaking about Walden pitching for the Cards right now.

aFIGurANT

What the hell?

I don't... how can you pitch like that? How can you jump in the air and pitch? That's NUTS.

Someone else does the same thing, I forget which game/team it was but maybe someone else can chime in. It was even more pronounced though and there was like a re-planting after the leap going on. I want to say it was a Cleveland guy but that could be off.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
What the hell?

Are you just discovering this? I'm not judging, just shocked because I thought Waldo's schtick was common knowledge.

I also believe it's technically an illegal throwing motion but, eh.

Beckx

Pirates bats finally waking up. 15 hits, Alvarez with 2 doubles and a HR, Sanchez hitting well. Going to have to keep Sanchez on the roster now, .500 in ST so far.

If only Polanco could find his bat things will be looking good.

Are you just discovering this? I'm not judging, just shocked because I thought Waldo's schtick was common knowledge.

I also believe it's technically an illegal throwing motion but, eh.

I knew it was weird but I haven't really spent much time looking into it. It's just so weird in motion. And I can't even imagine pitching without being planted the whole time.

I posted that on the last page, made me want to puke.

Our medical staff is a joke and our manager is incompetent. Not the best recipe for success.

Cuddyer so good.
Wheeler has had some pain in his elbow since hs. This was gonna happen eventually, Terry just accelerated the clock.

jbug617

Banned
Lester to miss his next start due to "dead arm"
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/12524213/chicago-cubs-ace-jon-lester-skip-next-spring-start-due-dead-arm?src=mobile&rand=ref~{%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F3oAhZzY6xq%22}

Wheeler has had some pain in his elbow since hs. This was gonna happen eventually, Terry just accelerated the clock.

There's the inevitability of a pitchers elbow giving out (they all have it happen, mine hurts when I wake up some mornings just trying to lift a spoon) and there's the willful and blatant mis-management of our young pitchers in this organization.

Zach Wheeler does not need to have 105 pitches in his first start in fucking april. Zach Wheeler does not need to have 115 pitches in a meaningless start in May. Zach Wheeler absolutely does not need 120 pitches in August when we're already out of the playoff picture and he's complaining about shoulder soreness and elbow issues.

Terry might not be directly responsible, but his idiocy is certainly accelerating the timetable on a lot of these problems. I'm only now thankful that deGrom has the bionic arm already.

I'd just shut him down for the spring.

Honestly I'v no idea why starting pitchers even get more than an inning or two of work until a week before the season. I get needing to get warm but the games are meaningless, save their arms.

XiaNaphryz

That is one of the pussiest line drives I've ever seen to hit a pitcher in the face.

Catch that shit Kershaw!

tumblr_ndtm5uXOLs1qgsza6o4_500.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
its a pre-season game....

Why did they keep him in?

Because if there's nothing really wrong with him, taking him out would result in about 1093750918390528905 news stories about how the Dodgers are doomed and need to trade for Cole Hamels straight away.

XiaNaphryz

Because if there's nothing really wrong with him, taking him out would result in about 1093750918390528905 news stories about how the Dodgers are doomed and need to trade for Cole Hamels straight away.

Dodgers were still the heavy favorite at the start of last season even with Kershaw being out at the time. Doom and gloom articles didn't start until they were back by double digits when SF had that ridiculous start.

Uggla's spring with the Nationals:

.292/.452/.500. 3 of his 7 hits have been for extra bases (1 HR, 2 2B), 6 walks and only 3 strikeouts in 28 plate appearances. And a stolen base.

He's looked like 2010 Uggla.

XiaNaphryz

.292/.452/.500. 3 of his 7 hits have been for extra bases (1 HR, 2 2B), 6 walks and only 3 strikeouts in 28 plate appearances. And a stolen base.

Amazing what one can do when they can actually see the ball.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Let's wait and see what he looks like in regular season play.

Top Bottom