• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Malo

Banned
A-Rod was #1 on my list.
p63hBri.gif

BFIB

Cards squeak by the Mets today. Good outing from the bullpen, minus a Walden mini meltdown.

Mets are looking pretty good.

The White Sox have claimed Kyle Drabek off waivers from the Blue Jays. Drabek was the centerpiece of the haul they got from the Phillies for Roy Halladay.

Cards squeak by the Mets today. Good outing from the bullpen, minus a Walden mini meltdown.

team is not bad. Flores at SS and the bullpen might be the undoing of the team. thats assuming bouncebacks from Wright, Granderson, pitching staff staying pretty healthy. and Cuddyer hitting away from Coors Field. those things are looking good so far, but we'll see. that starting rotation might be top in the league.

jbug617

Banned
Looks like Sony isn't shipping copies of The Show early to sites for review.

@SamitSarkar: Interested in Polygon's MLB 15 The Show review? We won't have a copy of the game until launch day (March 31), so the review won't be timely.

zulux21

The White Sox have claimed Kyle Drabek off waivers from the Blue Jays. Drabek was the centerpiece of the haul they got from the Phillies for Roy Halladay.
seems like a decent claim. white sox are decent at getting formerly promising pitchers to figure things out.
Looks like Sony isn't shipping copies of The Show early to sites for review.

to be fair if I was sony I wouldn't ship an early copy to polygon either. Terrible site in general often fighting kotaku for who can take the most things out of context to create clickbait.

beyond that the online stuff likely won't be up until launch, and is a good portion of the game at this point, so it would be silly to review it before the online is up anyways.

I suppose I need to decide if I am going to keep my mlb the show preorder now, or if I will cancel and just attempt to get the LE when it's on sale.

Victorino has beef with some radio guys up here. This past weekend Victorino said the Sox should trade prospects for Hamels even the hitters and the radio guys took his comments as Victorino trying to get rid of competition for his spot in the line up.

He needs to stop acting like he's part of their long time plans.

aFIGurANT

Did we go 2-2 today with the Cmart start? I checked out at I think 1-0 for us. This late into the spring I start taking some sort of inventory of wins when starters are going 6 and turning it over to a competent BP so that would be a nice way to start the beginning of the end of March for sure!

G-Fex

Really?? How much have you played? I'm skeptical because of how bad they have been up to now, but also hopeful!

Well this is my first purchase of a portable baseball management sim. I like what I've played so far. Sure you don't have much options obviously or historical seasons. Seems good to me.

eznark

Banned
The problems I had were much more fundamental. Pitchers were sort of randomly assigned their repertoire, all players had seemingly random ratings, and outlier events happened extremely frequently (3-5 passed balls a game, two balks a game, entire team hitting for the cycle). It was ass.

aFIGurANT

Jaime Garcia is a real wizard at fucking his body up. Props to him for providing lots of false hopes and teaching us all that in the end we all get old, broken, and destitute. And also props for cashing those 7 figure checks year in and year out despite the hard times.

G-Fex

The problems I had were much more fundamental. Pitchers were sort of randomly assigned their repertoire, all players had seemingly random ratings, and outlier events happened extremely frequently (3-5 passed balls a game, two balks a game, entire team hitting for the cycle). It was ass.

just as I read your post my 1919 white sox player just got a balk.

Eerie

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Matt Dominguez was optioned!

I mean, I knew the writing was on the wall with the acquisition of Valbuena; but the actual news of it is good to have!

aFIGurANT

It's just about OT time...Who's taking up the mantle then? We could almost recycle the "Nats Already Won It" bit if we felt like experiencing deja vu for the next six months. Would pay off in lulz by about October 11th I'm guessing.

Malo

Banned
It's just about OT time...Who's taking up the mantle then? We could almost recycle the "Nats Already Won It" bit if we felt like experiencing deja vu for the next six months. Would pay off in lulz by about October 11th I'm guessing.
Someone from Giants-Gaf.

Top Bottom