• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Honestly I don't think Harper is juicing. He's still a kid (22) so for him to put on that amount of muscle isn't completely unbelievable. He doesn't drink since he's a Mormon and he's also a health freak.

I think he just works out all of the time because he isn't allowed to have any fun.

I don't think using PEDS and being a health/workout freak are mutually exclusive. There are a lot of PEDs that would probably be very appealing to gym rats like Harper because they allow them to workout even more, and also if used properly, can be both effective and completely healthy.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
From the OOTP thread:

http://i.imgur.com/FghzcpVh.png

Really?

FghzcpVh.png

Meier

Harper is juicing -- there is no question about that. You don't get like that without it. That wrist and forearm is positively Bondsian.

barry_bonds.jpg

Beckx

C'mon, this witch hunt is like when McGwire and Canseco first hit the league, and people looked and them and said

nevermind

aFIGurANT

What is the best team you could assemble based off of facial hair?

Mash up the '13 Red Sox and last year's A's and I think you're just about there. For reference, Sean Doolittle:

mlb_i_doolittle_d1_576x324.jpg

E: OH SHIT Cutch just got neutered. As someone growing his hair out I don't know how you just lop off like 4 years of growth. Watch his production crater now....

Hey Pirates fans, since your former MVP is about to suck this year how about a swap for 'ol Andre Ethier? He's fast, quick, has a mean bat, and is the perfect man to date your daughter.

We'll take good care of Andrew.

Malo

Banned
a picture of the rare Aroidarus centaurius, known for its strength, it was recently found out this beast attained this strength from his cousin and evil witch doctor.

Beckx

Any good Koshien tonight.

Last first round game starts in a few minutes, followed by two second round games. In those second round games, Osaka Toin probably going to walk all over Kosei, and I can't believe that Imabari is going to do well against Joso after giving up so many runs to Toin (Wakayama), a 21st Century Team invite.

Last first round game starts in a few minutes, followed by two second round games. In those second round games, Osaka Toin probably going to walk all over Kosei, and I can't believe that Imabari is going to do well against Joso after giving up so many runs to Toin (Wakayama), a 21st Century Team invite.
I'll probably check out the second one, tomorrow is supposed to have a good matchup though right?

Tsuruga Kehi v Sendai Ikuei is going to be a barnburner. Second game tomorrow.

Caaaaaaan't wait.

Kousei has been beaten so many times by Osaka Toin. They have 0 shot here. Already being down 2-0 is indicative of that.

I hate to say that they're in their heads. But they're in their heads.

Also I'm a complete Sabre geek. WAR is just an indicative, overall value of a guy based on how valuable he is over a replacement level (average) player. How many general wins a guy contributes to his team, per year, based on averages.

The real projecting stuff is Pitch/fx, Contact %, BABIP averages. Basic things that show trends that follow through predicative values.

aFIGurANT

How dark have I been on prior offseason OTs to have never had to endure all these DBZ-type Soshien comparisons? I seriously feel like I'm reading the plot to the new Gundam series or something, it's weirding me out.

How dark have I been on prior offseason OTs to have never had to endure all these DBZ-type Soshien comparisons? I seriously feel like I'm reading the plot to the new Gundam series or something, it's weirding me out.

It's baseball. It's meaningful baseball and it's fun to watch. Plus quite a few of these kids will be playing in the MLB.

Kousei can't read that splitter at all.

aFIGurANT

It's baseball. It's meaningful baseball and it's fun to watch. Plus quite a few of these kids will be playing in the MLB.

Is it though? I mean good for Japan for stocking up our farm systems and adopting our one true sport, but it's high school ball. Maybe post the link again and I'll judge it for myself before bashing it.

It'll still read like the cutting floor of the Berserk writing room, though.

Their camera work is pretty awesome, I can say that already. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those lower angles on batted balls as well as the wicked close-up replay of the pitcher's throwing motion and the ball's flight path.

They do the close up on the pitcher a lot, they don't have the cameras to do a full following motion of the flight of the ball though.

The games are also lightning quick because there are barely commercials. They take 2 hours tops most times. The guys leading 2-0 right now are Osaka Toin. They're basically the evil empire of Japanese HS baseball. A small private school that has won constantly since their first title in 08'.

aFIGurANT

They do the close up on the pitcher a lot, they don't have the cameras to do a full following motion of the flight of the ball though.

The games are also lightning quick because there are barely commercials. They take 2 hours tops most times. The guys leading 2-0 right now are Osaka Toin. They're basically the evil empire of Japanese HS baseball. A small private school that has won constantly since their first title in 08'.

Somehow their manager gave off a strong Girardi vibe when they showed him so yeah, they're nailing it on that front.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Newly affiliated with the Astros, AAA club Fresno offering 2017 World Series ring promotion later this August:

http://www.milb.com/news/article.js...d=114621238&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb

K8d2lNh.jpg

The karmic backlash potential is great, don't be toying with the baseball gods Astros!

Man I was sitting there trying to figure out why the Grizzles would be promoting the Astros winning the world series then it hit me that they are the Astros AAA now...I should read better lol.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man I was sitting there trying to figure out why the Grizzles would be promoting the Astros winning the world series then it hit me that they are the Astros AAA now...I should read better lol.

You have the Giants AAA team in your backyard now!

zroid

Banned
Until near the end of his scrum, when a reporter asked [Daniel Norris] what he would be writing when he made his nightly entry in his “thought journal.”

He stared at the ceiling for a moment.

“I don’t know,” he said. “ ‘Good job. Keep it going.’ ”

The scribe suggested that he might write something longer.

“Yeah,” he said politely, “I’ll write it in cursive.”

Norris is the best

zroid

Banned
Interesting that Delabar was sent back to the minors. Safe to assume both Castro and Osuna will be in the bullpen on opening day?

so at this point the chances of Bryant staying with the club are at 0?
Yeah pretty much. Theo came out and said he's never put someone from the minors to the Majors from Spring and he doesn't intend to do it now. Denorfia is hurt so that might give him a reason to call him up when the service time is up.

Francisco Lindor is going back to Triple A again. Taking it real slow with him.
All will depend on Jose Ramirez's play how quickly we'll finally be able to witness our top prospect at the highest level.

Top Bottom