• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Astros kicking the tires on HanRam.

I'm not totally for it, nor against it. Not a great defender, decent hitter.

I probably won't have to worry because he's not going to sign there.

jbug617

Banned
Red Sox "all in" on Sandoval. They probably just want him to sell Panda heads.
http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...aking-big-push-sign-free-agent-pablo-sandoval

While there have been reports, most notably from Buster Olney of ESPN.com, that the San Francisco Giants are optimistic about re-signing Pablo Sandoval and that a deal could happen soon, an executive with another major league club said Tuesday that the Red Sox are "all in" on the free-agent third baseman and are making a big push to sign him.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
WhySogs have interest in Jason Castro.

Now the Conger trade makes more sense.

I welcome our Max Stassi future.

eznark

Banned
Lucroy went on my grandpa's Honor Flight last week. Spent the entire day chilling with WWII vets and listening to their stories. By all accounts a pretty amazing dude.

ibsesriqlPoQPJ.jpg

JCizzle

Red Sox "all in" on Sandoval. They probably just want him to sell Panda heads.
http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...aking-big-push-sign-free-agent-pablo-sandoval

I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening post-Crawford. If they do break the bank, it will be for Lester - not a fat 3B who will likely get killed in Boston if he sucks. It doesn't strike me as the type of investment they're talking about making, I think it's just talk to drive up the price on the Giants or Yankees.

thefro

I am going to put my money on Castro as well. We can move Baez to short and Alcantara to second. Only would do this if Zimmerman agrees to an extension though.

Castro's under a team-friendly contract through 2019, with an option year on top of that. Plus you'd be taking an experienced player off the roster and replacing him with a prospect.

I'd want more than Zimmerman for Castro from the Nationals.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Grant Brisbee's free agent predictions:

Max Scherzer - Red Sox
Jon Lester - Yankees
James Shields - Cubs
Hanley Ramirez - Dodgers
Pablo Sandoval - Giants
Victor Martinez - A's
Melky Cabrera - Gi ... aw, man, can't troll that hard. Cardinals
Russell Martin - Dodgers
Nelson Cruz - Tigers
Yasmany Tomas - Mariners
Ervin Santana - Braves
Kenta Maeda - not posted
David Robertson - Yankees
Brandon McCarthy - Cubs
Francisco Liriano - Pirates
Chase Headley - White Sox
Andrew Miller - Brewers
Justin Masterson - Marlins
Colby Rasmus - Tigers
Jed Lowrie - Yankees
Jason Hammel - Mariners
Jake Peavy - Giants
Michael Morse - Royals
Sergio Romo - Brewers
Ryan Vogelsong - Phillies

russell Martin spurned us for the Yankees

fuck em!

Friedman said he wants to keep hanley .. I'm ok with it if its not 6 years and he agrees to move to third after this year when uribe is gone and Seager is ready

clemenx

Banned
One thing that irks me about the Panda talks is that he's never been a bad defender but people still talk about him as if he has to be a DH the next year. He can work on his fat body people should already accept that.

His bat isn't good enough to warrant a big contract, people should be focusing more on that. His defense should be the least of concerns.

One thing that irks me about the Panda talks is that he's never been a bad defender but people still talk about him as if he has to be a DH the next year. He can work on his fat body people should already accept that.

His bat isn't good enough to warrant a big contract, people should be focusing more on that. His defense should be the least of concerns.
I think he will get a nice fat contract because of his ability for clutch hits combined with decent defense and the relatively bad free agent market for impact bats. It's not like he's the best hitter in the world as his power numbers have really dropped the past few years, but still can be a good middle of the order guy.

if he didn't "work on his fat body" when he was in his 20s and seeking a big contract, why would he do it into his 30s when he already has that big contract?

I think he is what he is, a great player but with a body type which might cause problems and hinder his production as he enters his 30s. I mean, maybe he will be theoutlier and can be fat and productive until he's 38, but I remember people saying similar things about Prince Fielder. "He's a vegan so he's healthy! He's just thick!" and lo and behold he's 30 and just needed major back surgery (and was already looking in decline the season before that)

Just going through the old 2012 postseason thread...man what happened to this guy?? He's a prophet!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43617929&postcount=12655
No, I will be here.

Giants will go 84-78 and miss the playoffs.
...talking about the 2013 season. He got that right, except you flip the W-L numbers.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43721587&postcount=13835
Don't worry, next year the Dodgers will make the postseason by winning the NL West, but they'll be eliminated in NLDS and the Cardinals will go on to win the World Series.

Then Giants will take World Series 2014.

Giants/Cardinals cycle.

Believe.
Not exactly Grant Brisbee level but it's up there!

aFIGurANT

Lucroy went on my grandpa's Honor Flight last week. Spent the entire day chilling with WWII vets and listening to their stories. By all accounts a pretty amazing dude.

Damn if that wasn't a WWII thing and if Lucroy wasn't married and all that, I feel like he would be pulling serious tail. Props for using his time like that.

And if Molina still gets the GG over him this year I'll be scratching my head.

I'm about to make a Frank Underwood style play for leadership of the council.

no you won't, sit down.

It'll be a bloodless coup from the looks of things so far.

*sigh* what are we supposed to talk about? Cashman doesn't want A-Rod playing third? ain't shit to talk about in the Yankee front. shouldn't you gys be enjoying the diversity right now? the attention is on other teams. anyways, we are the ones destined to break the even year curse.

*sigh* what are we supposed to talk about? Cashman doesn't want A-Rod playing third? ain't shit to talk about in the Yankee front. shouldn't you gys be enjoying the diversity right now? the attention is on other teams. anyways, we are the ones destined to break the even year curse.

Kinda like the Empire strikes back? You know how that ends.

I hate Ewoks though.

INteresting to see the money. I could see something like 4 years/$70 million. A lot to pay for a guy at that age who doesn't give any defensive value.

Top Bottom